“Satisfied but standard rooms can be a bit too small”

Ibis Kiev City Center
Ranked #10 of 113 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed for three nights (two plus one - with a slight gap in between) in late May.

The good: location (close to the central train station and "Universytet"/metro station), breakfast, fast WiFi.

The bad: standard rooms can be a bit too small (especially if occupied by two people).

The ugly: not upgraded to a superior room during my second stay despite being a Platinum card holder (not a major issue - given its short duration).

Top tip: Beat Kiev's traffic by taking its cheap & efficient metro!

Room Tip: Superior rooms on floor 15 are significantly larger than the rest.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lukasg88
Nina S, Quality manager at Ibis Kiev City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for finding time to share your experience with ibis Kiev City Center hotel. Your feedback is really appreciated. As we treat very seriously what we promise to our guests please accept our sincere apologies for not providing you with the upgraded room. The hotel was fullybooked during your stay and according to our loyalty program the superior rooms are provided upon availability. We will be pleased to offer you upgrade during your next stay.

Thanks again for your opinion. Looking forward to welcome you again at ibis Kiev City Center hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,135)

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Nice hotel in central Kiev (just a few minutes walk from the central station). the hotel staff is very friendly and helpfull and breakfast is really good. Beds are a bit small. The only thing we missed was a small fridge.

Room Tip: The view from the rooms on the upper floors is very good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
1  Thank Charlotte C
Nina S, Quality manager at Ibis Kiev City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Let me first of all thank you for choosing ibis Kiev City Center hotel as a place for your accommodation. We treat very seriously the level of services we are providing to our guests. That is why your nice feedback is a recognition for us.
Fridge at the room is out of ibis standards for all over the world. we can't cahnge our standards.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We are looking forward to welcome you again at ibis Kiev City Center hotel.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

My recent stay in Kiev was surprisingly nice. Being a bit disappointed with Ibis in Brussels (see one of my previous reviews) I have chosen the Ibis Kiev City Center with rather limited dose of trust. Therefore I was positively astonished to see that the hotel is clean and fulfills best standards of a three star hotel. The staff was really helpful and responded to all needs. Breakfast was tasty and I would even say that was well above Ibis standard. Moreover I also have to admit that I felt absolutely safe there even though I visited Ukraine in a turbulent time.

Room Tip: Rooms at the top floors (I got a room on a 9th floor) have less street noise
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TomaszKozakowski
Nina S, Quality manager at Ibis Kiev City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Let me first of all thank you for such a nice feedback concerning your experience at ibis Kiev City Center hotel. Our team is always doing their best to make our guests feel welcome. As well we treat very seriously the security of our guests.
I will share your comment with our team. I'm sure it will serve an encouragement for them to keep the same level of services.

Looking forward to welcome you again at ibis Kiev City Center.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The hotel delivers what it promises: a room to sleep in. Nothing more.
The room was small and the bathroom even smaller. What they called wardrobe was some shelves on the corner.
There are not much of amenties. There is no safebox in the room so you have carry your cash with you. They don't change the sheets which made me uncomfortable.
The breakfast was in line with the rest of the hotel: providing the essentials. Therefore it is possible that you will be disappointed.
I believe the overall value is good if you will stay just for a few days and wont spend time at the hotel. The staff is nice and very helpful too. Yet it made me realize even my standards are not that low (except for ultra-expensive cities like Paris)

Room Tip: Pick a room on the higher floors to avoid streets noise and to enjoy the view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cenk A
Nina S, Quality manager at Ibis Kiev City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for finding time to give us your feedback about experience with ibis Kiev City Center hotel. As I can understand you were not fully satisfied with the level of services we provided. Please accept our apologies. according to the worldwide standard for all ibis hotels the linen is changed every 3 days. We can't change or neglect standard.
As well let me thank you for your nice words about our staff.
I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you better in the future.

sincerely,

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed 3 nights in Ibis Kiev for business and some leisure time. Hotel is OK located in the city, on walking distance of subway and train station. Rooms are good and clean, good bedding and good on site restaurant which offers a good breakfast and dining options. Very friendly and helpful staff. I certainly would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ronald_1971

Dear Guest,

First of all let me thank you for sharing your experience at ibis Kiev City Center hotel. It is always leasant to receive positive feedback from our guests as we treat very seriously the level of services we are providing.

Looking forward to accommodate you again during your next visit to Kiev.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I spent 11 nights in this hotel and it was one of the best I have stayed at. Although the rooms are a bit small by western standards, they are sufficient for their purpose. The staff was fantastic and quite helpful with all of my needs. One thing that really shocked me was I dropped over $200 in the hallway of the hotel and before I even noticed it was missing, one of the staff members brought it to my room and informed me I had dropped it and returned the entire amount. Honesty like this is hard to find. I will definitely be staying here again in the future and recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Kiev that desires to stay near the city center.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Duke S

Dear Guest,

Let me express my appreciation regarding your feedback about ibi sKiev City Center hotel. It is great pleasure to receive such a wonderful comment.
I will share your comment with the whole team. This will serve an encouragement for tehm to keep maintaining the same high level of services

We will be happy to welcome you again at ibi sKiev City Center hotel.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Great newer hotel with fantastic service. The restaurant is great and has wonderful coffee served there. Very accommodating. Would highly recommend this hotel while staying in Kiev. A little far to walk from attractions but cab fares can be negotiated and a fair price.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DaMama4

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience concerning ibis Kiev City Center hotel. It is a pleasure to read such a nice feedback.
I will share your comment with our team. It will serve an additional encouragement for them to keep the same high level of services we provide to our guests.

We will be pleased to accommodate you again at our ibis Kiev City Center hotel.