“Fifty Dollar Umbrella”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

No fault of the restaurant, I failed to notice the owner's E-Class as I darted inside to escape the rain. We were looking for a glass of wine and some cheese, having passed up the Golden Gate cafe for its outrageous price of nearly four dollars (30 Grivens) for 100 mg of wine. It wasn't raining much when we stepped away from the cozy, convenient to the metro station cafe but we got deluged by the time we reached Fish Market. We ran in, they covered us with blankets, as we attempted to dry off and warm up. They handed us the menu and wine list. No cheese, not a single plate under the 276 Grivens we paid for two, three-course EurAsia Restaurant meals we had loved the night before. We ordered to be polite and grateful for escaping the rain, but felt very cheated at 25-Bucks apiece for a glass of wine, just to be polite. Next time we go out, it will be umbrella in hand, to avoid the embarrassment of being taken like that. The wine was tasty but ordinary. A fair price would have been eight or nine Greenbacks. I'll give the owner an extra Buck for the excessive repair costs on his E-Class, at a full Hamilton. Twenty-five a glass? Not in Kiev, not even on a rainy day.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

The hotel concierge's suggestion for the freshest fish was 100 percent. A shared octopus appetizer was a very generous portion of succulent fresh grilled octopus. The turbot entree was more than 1000 grams of the freshest, tastiest and well prepared fish. A shared side of grilled vegetables included zucchini, eggplant, onion and pepper. Absolutely Delicious. Service was very attentive. Careful about ordering wine - it can be pricey.
The restaurant is close to St. Sophia and walking distance to central hotels. Even though it is on the main street seating on the outdoor terrace was not noisy.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Food is good and tasty, waiter is a real professional. But I have to warn everybody: the prices of the wines and beer are really ridiculous.

When it is time to pay the bill, be careful: I and my friends noticed that they had added a bottle of wine of 80€ that we never ordered. Our original waiter had "mysteriously" disappeared and a young girl came to solve the problem. Problem was solved without saying any regrets.

So, one must remember what has ordered and know kyrillic alphabets wisiting in this place.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Good service presentation good chef food presentation excellent combination international food ...natural fruit juice excellent the best in town good for the entire family enjoy

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I should have been tipped off by the fact that this place was empty when I arrived at around 7 pm. At first glance, this is a nice restaurant, well appointed, with good service. I enjoyed the meal immensely. Had 300 ml of Pinot Grigio which went down well with the excellent food. However, shock set in when the bill came: the price for food was reasonable for what I had but the price for wine was 735 rph - about $90 for less than a 1/3 of a liter. I've been told later that you can buy a case of wine for that. This whole experience left a pretty sour taste in my mouth. If you go, don't order any wine.