“A really good French restaurant in Kiev”
Review of gorchitsa cafe

gorchitsa cafe
Ranked #44 of 2,006 Restaurants in Kiev
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We sat outside, which was nice. Inside the restaurant the decor wasn't so great. But the food really was. Tasty, reasonable portions, and well-presented. Prices enough for Kiev. Service good. Really, a pleasant and special meal - we would go again.

1  Thank witston

Reviewed 11 August 2013

food was great value was great, not typical for the center of Kiev where most places are just over priced (esp if you are a tourist)

Reviewed 3 August 2013

The food is top quality yet reasonably priced, which is not a common occurrence in Kiev. Authentic French cuisine, great interior. It has a very cozy and relaxed feel to it, yet it's very romantic. Located in a great part of town, central location yet far away from the hustle and bustle. One of the best restaraunts in Kiev.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

After reading all the reviews about the place my husband and I went there for a drink. Thought we might go there for a dinner another day. The drinks were alright, nothing special but what surprised me was a service. When I asked for a bill the waiter just told me the sum. In fact I didn't quite get it as he did so on his way serving another customer. So I asked again and got the answer: "I've already told you - it's 66 uah"....well...I thought that was a bit unusual. Anyway, we paid and went away but decided not to go there for a dinner.

1  Thank Lana B
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Nice small restaurant, good location - in a quiet street, nice terrace, nice food, wine list could be better...But in my opinion it does not deserve to be so high on the list of the best restaurants in Kiev