“Very enjoyable stay”

Ranked #11 of 110 Hotels in Kiev
Munich, Germany
“Very enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Stayed here in May, a standard double room. I enjoyed it - there were simply no issues. Nice and quiet, friendly and helpful staff, internet wifi worked well, comfortable bed, plenty to eat for breakfast. The location of the hotel might be a bit far from the centre of Kiev for some...it is walkable, took me about 45 minutes of brisk walking, there is a metro station nearby although I didn't use it. It is about 15min walk from the Olympic Stadium. Also, the breakfast room was a little dark, but in May the weather in Kiev was really nice and it was possible to eat breakfast on the terrace outside. Recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Oleg_Nesvirskyy, Manager at ALFAVITO HOTEL, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Guest!

Thank you for choosing Hotel Alfavito for your stay.
We sincerely appreciate your constructive review and use your comments to improve the Hotel and it’s facilities. Hotel Alfavito is located near the necessary transport infrastructure despite the fact that it is not located in the city center. In addition, there are many important objects of business, trade and tourism nearby.
Our team looks forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Florence, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

I was in Kiev for an expo and I decided to spent three nigths in Alfavito hotel, and it was a good choise. Room is clean and well equipped ( they provide a daily new bathrobe) and the staff if friendly and well trained. The only weak point was the high price of the bar on the lobby, but in any case my experience it was satisfactory. I will came back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest!

We would like to thank you for choosing Hotel Alfavito for your stay!
We hope that your stay was pleasant and that our services were acceptable to you. For our guests we involved a loyalty program with special discounts for accommodation and food & beverage facilities. Our management also does their best to train our personnel and help them reach their potential. We look forward to seeing you again hopefully, in the near future.
In addition, we would be delighted if you become one of our regular guests!
Miami
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

Compared to hotels in general, it's very good. Compared to other upscale hotels, it's average. Alfavito is a good hotel - not great, not bad. Best thing I can say is that I would go back. Rooms are ok. Breakfast buffet is ok. Location not so great - not like Premier Palace or Hyatt, but the prices are also not like Premier Palace or Hyatt, But there are some strange petty things that make me crazy - like at breakfast, when you I asked for Tabasco sauce and put 2 shakes on my plate, they wanted to charge me for that. I told the manager to take it off the bill - he said no, then I said to get the hotel manager and he said he'd pay it. I think he was expecting me to feel sorry for him and say "never mind." I said "ok" and walked away. Breakfast buffet is about $20 - I'm not paying extra for Tabasco sauce on my eggs.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Oleg_Nesvirskyy, Manager at ALFAVITO HOTEL, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear visitor,

We appreciate you for a such objective review!
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Please, excuse us for the misunderstanding during your breakfast. No additional charges for a such orders will be applied in future.
Thank you, one more time, for choosing Alfavito Hotel! Hope to see you again during your next visit to Kiev.
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed in Alfavito for 3 nights, got this hotel booked by occasion, was frightened by its strange name and didn't expect much. However, was extremely surprised after my very first steps inside.

Pros:
- exquisite interiors and cozy rooms, clean and fresh new
- extremely fast, friendly and helpful personnel worth 5* hotel - a complete surprise!
- excellent breakfast with excellent servuce
- quiet area and excellent quality of sleep
- good value for money

Cons:
- location is 3 minute walking distance from metro, however it will take you some 15-20 minutes to get to downtown.
- no swimming pool or spa

Would definitely stay there next time. Beyond comparison with any Holiday Inn or similar 4* international hotel chains.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Oleg_Nesvirskyy, Manager at ALFAVITO HOTEL, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Alfavito hotel among all other hotels in Kiev! All our team is pleased to read your wonderful review. Friendly staffs, excellent service are our highest priorities and it is always pleasant to be praised for that. We are also very happy that you were comfortable in your room and you enjoyed a good breakfast. Alfavito team trusts that we can look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

I chose this Hotel based on the positive reviews on Expedia.com. I stayed in there for 2 nights and was glad to check out again.

The hotel lets out a function hall for an additional income. When I arrived there, they had a party in full swing and I could hear cheesy techno music until the early hours of the morning.

The security guards are soviet police type who try to make money out of innocent tourists. I remember a tourist who tried to bring dinner guests into the hotel and was interrogated by the security guards who backed off as soon as he handed some cash.

When I complained about this to the manager, he asked me for my room number. When I asked why he wanted my room number, he responded; "We would like to make an investigation"

Additionally, when I told them that I will be having dinner at their hotel, the receptionist insisted that I make a UKH 1000 down payment which will be refunded to me when I leave. I decided to eat out instead

Avoid this hotel if you can. Otherwise, try to avoid the security guards and don't book dinner in the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms have paper thin walls and their function rooms on the ground floor play loud music until late
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Rohid K
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced at our hotel. We have taken your comments into consideration to improve our service. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back in near future. We are sure that your next visit will be pleasant and satisfying.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

My 2nd time there, (Oct 2012, May 2013), and I'm going to stay there again mid-October 2013. Its just a nice hotel, located about 2 miles from Independence Square. Its a 1.5 blocks away from the metro system (good system too!) which can take you anywhere in Kiev. Its one stop away from Kiev's new shopping mall, and about 5 stops away from Independence Square which is pretty much the city centre. Staff is very friendly, and concierge service is excellent. Great value.

Room Tip: you can exchange currency there too...their exchange rate is very favorable
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

It is very enjoyable to read your feedback on TripAdvisor!
We are pleased, that you liked the hotel location and our rates!
Thank you for rating our staff and the concierge service.
We would love to welcome you back in Alfavito Hotel on October 2013.
Middletown, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Very clean and newer hotel. Great staff. Food very good. A little away from main attractions in Kiev, but a short taxi ride is no problem. I would stay there again the next time I visit Kiev. Wonderful and friendly staff. Concierge service is excellent. Coming from the US, the staff was very pleasant and helpful with restaurant recommendations. Food is also very good at the hotel. Room service was very quick and service excellent.

Room Tip: upgrade to full size bedroom from standard room. The extra room and coach are worth the extra money
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Oleg_Nesvirskyy, Igor Gorschuk Concierge at ALFAVITO HOTEL, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for giving Alfavito a review. We are happy that the service impressed you so much that you mentioned our staff four times in your review. We are always excited by such a feedback as we always aim to exceed our guests’ expectations. We are looking forward to your next visit!