ALFAVITO Hotel Kyiv
Good 3.5/5
  • Room Service
Average 3/5
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmetro stationpiano barocean plazagreat hotelbusiness tripenjoyed my stayappointed hotelrooms are largeroom servicequality hotelrecommend this hotel to anyoneolympic stadiumfew minutes walkcity centreperfect locationreception staffwi fi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I've stayed there in August, 2013 while on business trip.
First, about the location - the hotel is in a relatively quite area and very close to subway, which allows you to reach the downtown or any other location very quickly. Taking a cab in rush hours is not advised.
Personnel at the reception was friendly and ready to help anytime. Rooms are clean and spacious, beds are comfortable and quite big.
Breakfast is extremely expensive for a 4* and for Kiev in general - it was the first time I paid 20 euros for a breakfast in a 4* hotel. Though, the food was ok and well arranged.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to my partners/friends and will stay there next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Arcadie P
Maksym_Veres, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at ALFAVITO Hotel Kyiv, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Arcadie P,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about Alfavito hotel. Our staff is always excited by such reviews, especially Reception, because our main aim is to deliver exceptional service. We really appreciate your adherence to stay with us and hope to see you, your friends and partners as our regular guests. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I was in Kiev for an expo and I decided to spent three nigths in Alfavito hotel, and it was a good choise. Room is clean and well equipped ( they provide a daily new bathrobe) and the staff if friendly and well trained. The only weak point was the high price of the bar on the lobby, but in any case my experience it was satisfactory. I will came back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Oleg_Nesvirskyy, Manager at ALFAVITO Hotel Kyiv, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Guest!

We would like to thank you for choosing Hotel Alfavito for your stay!
We hope that your stay was pleasant and that our services were acceptable to you. For our guests we involved a loyalty program with special discounts for accommodation and food & beverage facilities. Our management also does their best to train our personnel and help them reach their potential. We look forward to seeing you again hopefully, in the near future.
In addition, we would be delighted if you become one of our regular guests!

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Compared to hotels in general, it's very good. Compared to other upscale hotels, it's average. Alfavito is a good hotel - not great, not bad. Best thing I can say is that I would go back. Rooms are ok. Breakfast buffet is ok. Location not so great - not like Premier Palace or Hyatt, but the prices are also not like Premier Palace or Hyatt, But there are some strange petty things that make me crazy - like at breakfast, when you I asked for Tabasco sauce and put 2 shakes on my plate, they wanted to charge me for that. I told the manager to take it off the bill - he said no, then I said to get the hotel manager and he said he'd pay it. I think he was expecting me to feel sorry for him and say "never mind." I said "ok" and walked away. Breakfast buffet is about $20 - I'm not paying extra for Tabasco sauce on my eggs.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Oleg_Nesvirskyy, Manager at ALFAVITO Hotel Kyiv, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear visitor,

We appreciate you for a such objective review!
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Please, excuse us for the misunderstanding during your breakfast. No additional charges for a such orders will be applied in future.
Thank you, one more time, for choosing Alfavito Hotel! Hope to see you again during your next visit to Kiev.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed in Alfavito for 3 nights, got this hotel booked by occasion, was frightened by its strange name and didn't expect much. However, was extremely surprised after my very first steps inside.

Pros:
- exquisite interiors and cozy rooms, clean and fresh new
- extremely fast, friendly and helpful personnel worth 5* hotel - a complete surprise!
- excellent breakfast with excellent servuce
- quiet area and excellent quality of sleep
- good value for money

Cons:
- location is 3 minute walking distance from metro, however it will take you some 15-20 minutes to get to downtown.
- no swimming pool or spa

Would definitely stay there next time. Beyond comparison with any Holiday Inn or similar 4* international hotel chains.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Oleg_Nesvirskyy, Manager at ALFAVITO Hotel Kyiv, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Alfavito hotel among all other hotels in Kiev! All our team is pleased to read your wonderful review. Friendly staffs, excellent service are our highest priorities and it is always pleasant to be praised for that. We are also very happy that you were comfortable in your room and you enjoyed a good breakfast. Alfavito team trusts that we can look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I chose this Hotel based on the positive reviews on Expedia.com. I stayed in there for 2 nights and was glad to check out again.

The hotel lets out a function hall for an additional income. When I arrived there, they had a party in full swing and I could hear cheesy techno music until the early hours of the morning.

The security guards are soviet police type who try to make money out of innocent tourists. I remember a tourist who tried to bring dinner guests into the hotel and was interrogated by the security guards who backed off as soon as he handed some cash.

When I complained about this to the manager, he asked me for my room number. When I asked why he wanted my room number, he responded; "We would like to make an investigation"

Additionally, when I told them that I will be having dinner at their hotel, the receptionist insisted that I make a UKH 1000 down payment which will be refunded to me when I leave. I decided to eat out instead

Avoid this hotel if you can. Otherwise, try to avoid the security guards and don't book dinner in the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms have paper thin walls and their function rooms on the ground floor play loud music until late
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Rohid K

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced at our hotel. We have taken your comments into consideration to improve our service. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back in near future. We are sure that your next visit will be pleasant and satisfying.