“Utterly lovely, clean and friendly, extremely reasonable price! Luxury on a budget!!”

ALFAVITO Hotel Kyiv
Ranked #8 of 112 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough...I rang them at 1am in the morning from a hideous hotel downtown and they completely turned around my impression of Kiev and it's hospitality. I was there within the hour and what a relief to find such beautiful accommodation at such a reasonable price! The hotel is in a quiet area of town, the metro (Palace Ukranian) however is only 2 minutes walk away and only three stops from Independence Square which is where the hubbub and heart of the city is situated. Some lovely restaurants nearby, we tried OK Italian restaurant and bar which was lovely and fairly swish...but there are other eateries close by. The bar is lovely facing the ornate lobby (live traditional music when I was there - not too loud - lovely ambience) and the spa is fantastic (one of the best haircuts I've ever had) a well stocked mini-bar, lovely decor, very friendly and helpful reception staff and great concierge service all the added touches of professionalism which make this hotel stand out. Don't look anywhere else. This hotel is total luxury on a budget!

Room Tip: I'd imagine all rooms have a good aspect
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Maksym_Veres, Manager at ALFAVITO Hotel Kyiv, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Alfavito hotel among all the other hotels in Kiev! Our team is pleased to read your wonderful review. Thank you for highly rating our staff and the concierge service. Indeed, many guests are happy with our location, it is not far from downtown and quiet at the same time. There are plenty of restaurants with different cuisine next to our hotel, and our concierge or reception can always help you to choose one according to your taste.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Alfavito hotel and we will try to make your next stay as memorable as it was enjoyable!

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Was surprised how nice the hotel was. Lobby is elegant, the staff is helpful and polite. The room was very nicely decorated, was big enough. The whole hotel is very quiet. Since was on business trip I didn't spend too much time in the hotel and didn't try the breakfast either. Metro is very close, so you can reach downtown very cheap and quickly. The price is not the lowest but here you get something for your money at least.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Maksym_Veres, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at ALFAVITO Hotel Kyiv, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Guest!
Thank you for such a pleasant review. We are always trying to welcome our guests in a tranquil atmosphere. Our employees are always happy to help and impress our guests. We also appreciate your straight and truthful feedback about our hotel. We would be glad to please you with our service again in the nearest future.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed there for 10 days during the month of August, for business purposes. I found the hotel clean and quiet, with nice and modern decoration around the reception and the restaurant/bar.
There is a terrace which is nice, but the menu proposed for dinner is not impressive. The choice of food is very limited and the dishes are OK, with nothing special. It is very quiet, there was hardly anybody and anything to see apart from a massive oldfashioned buidling in front of it, so that it was rather depressing to sit there on my own.
The rooms are rather large, they are clean but I would recommend that the curtains would be larger and thicker for a better protection against the light.
The corridors upstairs to reach the rooms are huge. My main disappointment was the gym, which is very small and has only very little gym equipment. It would fit for max 5 persons whilst the hotel has several hundred rooms ! The gym is simply a hotel room with no furniture, where a few trade mills were put inside. It is in my opinion not up to the standard at all.
Other than that, the breakfast buffet is nice, with a nice selection of fresh food. I would recommend that more fresh fruit cuts would be served, comprising seasonal fruits such as red berries and strawberries, which were not available.
Concerning the staff and the service, I found it to be just OK, with nothing else special, the staff being rather cold and unmindful about the guests in general, in a very ukrainian style perhaps.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dera Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review about Alfavito hotel!!!
We will take into consideration all the suggestions to improve our service. Our main goal is to provide each quest with a pleasant experience in Alfavito and in the Ukraine. Hopefully, we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and to show you real Ukrainian hospitality.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I've stayed there in August, 2013 while on business trip.
First, about the location - the hotel is in a relatively quite area and very close to subway, which allows you to reach the downtown or any other location very quickly. Taking a cab in rush hours is not advised.
Personnel at the reception was friendly and ready to help anytime. Rooms are clean and spacious, beds are comfortable and quite big.
Breakfast is extremely expensive for a 4* and for Kiev in general - it was the first time I paid 20 euros for a breakfast in a 4* hotel. Though, the food was ok and well arranged.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to my partners/friends and will stay there next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Arcadie P

Dear Arcadie P,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about Alfavito hotel. Our staff is always excited by such reviews, especially Reception, because our main aim is to deliver exceptional service. We really appreciate your adherence to stay with us and hope to see you, your friends and partners as our regular guests. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I was in Kiev for an expo and I decided to spent three nigths in Alfavito hotel, and it was a good choise. Room is clean and well equipped ( they provide a daily new bathrobe) and the staff if friendly and well trained. The only weak point was the high price of the bar on the lobby, but in any case my experience it was satisfactory. I will came back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Oleg_Nesvirskyy, Manager at ALFAVITO Hotel Kyiv, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Guest!

We would like to thank you for choosing Hotel Alfavito for your stay!
We hope that your stay was pleasant and that our services were acceptable to you. For our guests we involved a loyalty program with special discounts for accommodation and food & beverage facilities. Our management also does their best to train our personnel and help them reach their potential. We look forward to seeing you again hopefully, in the near future.
In addition, we would be delighted if you become one of our regular guests!

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Compared to hotels in general, it's very good. Compared to other upscale hotels, it's average. Alfavito is a good hotel - not great, not bad. Best thing I can say is that I would go back. Rooms are ok. Breakfast buffet is ok. Location not so great - not like Premier Palace or Hyatt, but the prices are also not like Premier Palace or Hyatt, But there are some strange petty things that make me crazy - like at breakfast, when you I asked for Tabasco sauce and put 2 shakes on my plate, they wanted to charge me for that. I told the manager to take it off the bill - he said no, then I said to get the hotel manager and he said he'd pay it. I think he was expecting me to feel sorry for him and say "never mind." I said "ok" and walked away. Breakfast buffet is about $20 - I'm not paying extra for Tabasco sauce on my eggs.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Oleg_Nesvirskyy, Manager at ALFAVITO Hotel Kyiv, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear visitor,

We appreciate you for a such objective review!
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Please, excuse us for the misunderstanding during your breakfast. No additional charges for a such orders will be applied in future.
Thank you, one more time, for choosing Alfavito Hotel! Hope to see you again during your next visit to Kiev.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed in Alfavito for 3 nights, got this hotel booked by occasion, was frightened by its strange name and didn't expect much. However, was extremely surprised after my very first steps inside.

Pros:
- exquisite interiors and cozy rooms, clean and fresh new
- extremely fast, friendly and helpful personnel worth 5* hotel - a complete surprise!
- excellent breakfast with excellent servuce
- quiet area and excellent quality of sleep
- good value for money

Cons:
- location is 3 minute walking distance from metro, however it will take you some 15-20 minutes to get to downtown.
- no swimming pool or spa

Would definitely stay there next time. Beyond comparison with any Holiday Inn or similar 4* international hotel chains.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Oleg_Nesvirskyy, Manager at ALFAVITO Hotel Kyiv, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Alfavito hotel among all other hotels in Kiev! All our team is pleased to read your wonderful review. Friendly staffs, excellent service are our highest priorities and it is always pleasant to be praised for that. We are also very happy that you were comfortable in your room and you enjoyed a good breakfast. Alfavito team trusts that we can look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.