“Way overpriced for mediocre food!”
Review of China White

China White
Ranked #1,705 of 2,699 Restaurants in Kiev
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

This was not the place I planned to go, but I went here despite negative reviews to try it for my self. The reviews weren't wrong. The place looked really nice, but it was obvious that barely anyone goes there despite how luxuries it looks like. We waited a long time for waitress despite it seems like we were the only ones there. The price was more expensive than anywhere I've been to so far. The food we ordered was ok, didn't worth the money we paid. I have ordered more authentic and cheaper Chinese/Thai food in USA. Definitely not coming here and not recommending it to anyone. Stay away from this place.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 22 May 2015 via mobile

Bad: Very expensive. Ordered sushi. Not all the dishes were brought, although waitress was polite and kindly apologized.
Sushi was poorly cooked.
Good: nice romantic atmosphere, not many people, due to price/quality issue, obviously.
Would not recommend.

1  Thank Usichenko
Reviewed 4 March 2015

a friend invited me to sushi here and I was pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious and the prices were very reasonable. The service was attentive and courteous. The atmosphere is good too...the restaurant is not a tourist place..it is off the tourist path but it is a good option!!

Date of visit: February 2015
1  Thank Deigs
Reviewed 3 September 2014

Staff are friendly enough.
Prices can be high.
Weird basement interior; I don't really like it.
Service is slow.

Date of visit: August 2014
Reviewed 11 April 2013

China White is a bit off the beaten path in the newer section of Pechersk. The entrance takes you down a heavily decorated stairwell and seems to dead end into a rather small three chair bar, but walking past the stools one finds a curtain opening on the the first of several very different and elaborate rooms each separated by curtains. It is at the very minimum interesting and possibly cosy. The Chinese menu is in fact a loose collection of unchallenging asian dishes dominated by sushi. My companion had a salad and a roll that looked quite ordinary, I had spring rolls rather small damaged and slightly soggy and a tempura veg and shrimp that were in surprisingly small pieces and slightly heavily battered but perfectly edible. Service was very very slow (50 minutes for anything to appear and we had to chase the waitress to make payment, despite ther ebeing only a few other tables with customers. In mitigation, the waitress appeared to be on her own and was perfectly pleasant. Overall conclusion: fine if you want something a bit different (for Kiev) and have time, but its not Chinese and its not fast.

Date of visit: April 2013