All reviewsexecutive roomolympic stadiumhotel managementhotel is cleanquiet roomexcellent hotelvery pleasant staymetro stopcity centrefront officeminute walkroom servicetea and coffeegreat cityfitness centergreat place to staymy colleague
Reviewed 28 July 2017

I visited Kyiv as a component of a round the world trip and was my jump off point to visit the Chernobyl exclusion zone.
I requested an early check in, as I just needed a day to catch up and was arriving in Kyiv on an early flight from Baku. They couldn't guarantee the early check in beforehand but, when I arrived, they granted early check in, citing my IHG platinum status.
The hotel appears to be relatively new and very well kept. The rooms were comfortably appointed. As I have found to be the case in other countries, international hotel chain locations outside the US tend to offer a higher level of service than I see in similar locations in the US, and this hotel was no different. The service was top notch and all the staff I ran across spoke very good English making the stay easier.
Services at the hotel were very affordable. Room service was less than $15 USD with tip for a full meal. Drinks in the minibar were less than $2 USD with beer being the same price as bottled water. The breakfast buffet was the most expensive at ~$20USD, but the spread helped to make up for the cost.
The hotel was a bit of a jaunt from the main square, but trips with Uber were less than $2 USD to the city center and around $10 USD to the airport.

The only frustrating part of the trip was partially my fault. After checking out, I was notified that I left a wallet with money ($120) and cards in the hotel safe. The only option I had for getting the wallet back was to arrange for shipment myself through UPS/DHL. After spending a few hours figuring out how to arrange the shipment. I set up for DHL to pick up my wallet ($100+ shipment to the US) and shared the info with the staff. DHL was unable to accept the wallet due to the cash that was in it.
The staff didn't have much else to offer, so I requested to receive a gift card in exchange for the cash, and then have the cards destroyed. They offered me 8000 IHG points for $120 ($0.015 per point), which was a horrible value for a point worth $0.004-$0.008 normally.
I accepted it in order to get some value out of the loss, but it was still an unfortunate resolution, but better than nothing.
I can't really fault the hotel for something that was partially my fault, I was just surprised that they didn't have a better process for addressing this considering that they cater towards foreign clientele.

Long story short, you will have a very fine stay... just don't forget anything.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
John C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear Dakota Traveller

Thank you for taking the time to write a comprehensive review of your stay in our hotel. We were all very happy to read that you had a comfortable stay and you rated our service "Top Notch".

We were only sorry that we failed to find a suitable solution to return your cash to you. As you mentioned the international carriers do not accept cash and as this was your personal money the banking laws do not allow us to transfer this from the hotel accounts.

Once again thank you for your review and I apologise to you for our failure to find a satisfactory resolution to your incident.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

I was satisfied with the room condition, breakfast, and helpful staff. Fitness room was quite small but still clean. It is pity that it doesn't have swimming pool. But in general I felt good and safe to be there.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Narmin I
John C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Dear Narmin I

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We were happy to read that you found us to be a "Good place to stay" and that you were satisfied with your room, breakfast and our helpful staff. While we are not planning on building a swimming pool in the near future we are going to construct a small sauna in our fitness area.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

The room was combatable and large, I stay on the executive floor but not sure what extra this gives you. I spent 5 nights here while on business and ate each evening in the hotel bar, food was good as was the beer. Wifi was free and pretty reliable, I would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
John C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Dear Ros28

We were all happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We also appreciate your kind comments on the hotel bar, food and for recommending the hotel to readers.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit to our city.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Nice and modern hotel. Never too busy and friendly and helpfull staff. Great focus on service in every detail. Had several other hotels in Kiev but allways came back here and noticed the positive difference. No other hotel for me when traveling to Kiev!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Dear Mirre K

We were all delighted to read that you consider us to be your 2nd home. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor. We also appreciate your kind comments on our friendly and helpful staff with a great focus on service.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Best regards, John cairns, General Manager.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

The Holiday Inn Kiev was a complete surprise and pleasure. The breakfast was delicious and the server staff as friendly and welcoming as I have encountered anywhere. The Scottish General Manager often visits to greet guests and chat/give pointers about Kiev.

The fitness center was open 24 hours a day and it was GREAT!

Finally, the room was spacious and modern which made my stay very comfortable.

The only downside is the location which is slightly off the beaten path but only a 20 minute walk to the main hub of the city.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
John C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Dear ExpatGeoffrey

We were all delighted to read that you rate our hotel as your favourite in Eastern Europe. Thank you for taking the time to share this on TripAdvisor. We also appreciate you kind comments on our delicious breakfast and our friendly and welcoming staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to our city.

Best regards, John cairns, General Manager.