The staff seemed short tempered and irritated when I asked for a bottle of wine at 10PM the evening that we arrived. The following morning, we attempted to eat breakfast on the terrace, which is quite nice, if you don't mind the pigeons who are familiar enough to eat off your dinner plate. As we were getting up to leave, my wife (who is a professional photographer) got up and snapped some photos of the terrace and the front of the building, which are photos that we were going to send to the hotel staff, and use on Facebook to update our families about our travels. Unfortunately, a member of the bellhop staff came outside, and very loudly and rudely said "No photos!". We tried to tell him that we are guests in the hotel, but he cut us off and ushered us away. Seems kind of counter-intuative to prevent guests from photo-documenting their adventures, and sharing it with the world of social media (which would ultimately boost sales)...oh well! Instead of taking photos while we spend our down time in the hotel, we will be writing nasty reviews like this!
PS: We also read on one website that there are jacuzzi tubs in all the rooms.
There is no jacuzzi in our room :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique Hotel Vozdvyzhensky is an ideal choice for a sophisticated traveler-cosmopolite. Located on Andriivsky Uzviz, which is considered to be Kiev’s Montmartre, the Hotel is famous for its hospitality and exclusive interiors. 26 uniquely designed rooms are at your service. The Hotel is proud of its Terrace Garden – its history goes back to the 18th century - and the Panoramic Summer Terrace with a splendid view of Podil, St.Andrew’s Cathedral and green slopes. Hotel provides comfortable conditions for both business and leisure. Free Wi-Fi, Conference Hall for up to 100 persons, Small Salon, Meeting Room, Gym, Terrace Restaurant with European and Ukrainian Cuisine, room service 24/7, Buffet Breakfast inclusive into the room rate, beautiful Garden Terraces, Lobby Bar, cozy Hotel’s Patio and a concept store Chambre are at your entire disposal. The Hotel is within walking distance to Saint-Michael's Monastery and Saint-Sophia's Cathedral. Kreshchatyk Street - 10 min by car. The Kiev Boryspil International Airport - 40km by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Boutique Hotel Vozdvyzhensky reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Boutique-Hotel Vozdvyzhensky Hotel Kiev
- Best Eastern Vozdvyzhensky Kiev