“Because I cant give 0”
Review of Premier Hotel Rus

Premier Hotel Rus
Ranked #16 of 112 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I travel a lot I appreciate things can go wrong. The mark of a place is how they deal with it.

I made reservations around March this year, nearly 6 months ahead via the hotel website to ensure no problems

We had a poor journey , late plane, driver not turning up at the airport etc. Never mind finally we arrived.

The porter who carried our bags in from the taxi clearly thought nothing of people still arriving to check in.

When my name wasn’t enough I presented printed copies of the reservations in their brown colours.. I was told by 2 or 3 people that they did not exist. I was then told of a computer problem, asked had I booked them in the last day etc etc. Was even told that they couldn’t agree cost to pay as they couldn’t see my reservation as the system was down, odd if I didn’t have one
Some of the staff maybe tried to help but many just showed a complete contempt for our predicament exacerbating the problem with misleading statements and misrepresentations.

We had realised by now we were not alone in our predicament, others were without rooms too.
I was told all rooms were already checked in I found this hard to believe in 451 room hotel at 7.30pm. Many others with pre paid and not bookings from other companies too were turned away too. I think about 20 rooms in all.

I know the hotel website was showing full for some time so you would have thought they would check expected arrivals with a major boxing tournament and football match nearby. Given some notice would be better than having to take an option at short notice, or maybe they did this to fill their partner hotel out of the centre.

We had looked to stay here for the location and friends were here, we were sent away. We were promised lifts back from the match that didn’t happen either.

No apologies really

Room Tip: Book in a hotel that give a damn
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank BasilsTravels

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Group of five staying three nights for Ukraine v England World Cup qualifier. Superb location, convenient for the Olympic Stadium and a pleasant walk into town. As expected, twin rooms were rather small and furnishings somewhat dated, but everything was clean and beds comfortable enough. Bars were pleasant, and dinner decent, but we weren't impressed with having to drink beer out of plastic cups one evening. Lowlight was the lifts - small, slow and insufficient for the volume of people. Highlight was the massive buffet breakfast offering impressive variety and quantity, even with the hotel rammed full of hungry football fans and athletes from an international boxing tournament! Well done Rus. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
RusAccordHotel, Manager at Premier Hotel Rus, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your opinion with us. Thank you very much for your loyalty, we highly appreciate it! I am glad that you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed the facilities and services that we provide. Hopefully see you soon!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed for 3 nights around the England Vs Ukraine game, which was played at the nearby Olympic Stadium. The lobby, 2 bars and restaurant areas are really smart and if the rooms matched it could be a 4 star hotel. The rooms need everything ripping out a starting again with contemporary more up to date look.
The lifts are very slow, but the wifi is very good.
The staff especially Alexander (who could not do enough, very helpful) were polite and helpful.
The bar area outside could do with some lighting so guests can sit outside with a drink and see each other after dark!
If the old pool at the front of the hotel was truned into a heated swimming pool, it would be an excellent feature.
The location was fantastic for the City Centre and Stadium, there is a small cut a through, take the driveway next to the entrance and be prepared to jump down a 3 foot wall, but it cuts out a 20 minute walk all the way around!
Would stay again but refurb the rooms!

Room Tip: Ask for a stadium view!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
RusAccordHotel, Manager at Premier Hotel Rus, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your opinion with us. We are working on the reconstruction of our rooms and in the nearest future one more renewed floor will be ready to welcome our Guests. Thank you very much for your brilliant idea with the swimming pool, we will consider this idea. It's very pleasant to know that you enjoyed our location, staff and restaurant service. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Rus Accord Hotel.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Very large hotel with extensive parking and possibly the best breakfast in Kiev. Rooms well appointed but limited space. Free wifi throughout the hotel. Lifts extremely slow. Bank of five shafts unable to cope with the demands of a full hotel. Friendly staff at reception keen to help. Ten minutes walk from the national stadium provided you can find the short cut down the back of the hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your positive comments and compliments. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our breakfasts probably the best in Kiev. We look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

we stayed one night at this hotel, centrally located, friendly staff, good buffet breakfast, very good selection of dishes varying from hot sausages and meat omlettes to fruits, only 2 kind of cheese, cakes and pastries: need some improvement. rooms were very small although clean and nicely fitted.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for very positive comment, we are glad to see that you have truly enjoyed your stay with us. It's very pleasant to know that you enjoyed our location, friendly staff and rich breakfast. We look forward to seeing you in the nearest future at Rus Accord Hotel!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We always stay here when we visit and every year since being married we are here for 2-3 weeks till we find a flat for our stay of 3-4 months visiting family in Kiev. The Hotel Staff was excellent. The only down side was the buffet and how you get charged for it, if you get your room online its supposed to be free for pre pay, the front desk always try to make you pay.....

Room Tip: The money converter ppl always short change you
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
RusAccordHotel, Manager at Premier Hotel Rus, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I did not stay at the hotel myself, but was looking for a place for my brother, his wife, and their baby. I made the reservation online and followed up with the booking department of the hotel to make sure the reservation was made and everything is in order. I worked with Victoria, who was super helpful, communicated things clearly, and was pro-active all along offering advice and suggestions. I was amazed at how customer oriented she was, and how quickly she responded to emails and phone calls.

I picked it because primarily for the location and the price, which seem very reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family