“Good location with reasonable price”
Review of Premier Hotel Rus

Premier Hotel Rus
Ranked #16 of 111 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Very decent hotel with small but neat and clean rooms, and helpful and friendly staff. Breakfast buffet was good. Rooms upstairs have good view over the city. There is easy access from the hotel to different parts of the city. Close by area nice restaurants and a large new shopping mall. Transfer service from and to the airport works nicely.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view to the city.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
RusAccordHotel, Manager at Premier Hotel Rus, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for reviewing your stay and your kind words regarding our hotel. It is pleasant to know that you enjoyed our breakfasts, staff and location. Thank you once again for staying with Rus Accord Hotel! We look forward to welcoming you again!

There are newer reviews for Premier Hotel Rus

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Rus Hotel, Accor Kiev Ukraine. Last minute booking, welcoming and friendly staff.
Room with two way on- suite very clean, had a separate lounge area with table and sofa bed for our child and very comfortable. Buffet Breakfast was included this was exceptionally good, crisp white table and gourmet food with large variety for everyone's taste, service all round was excellent. It was - 8 outside and snowing but hotel was very comfortable temperature inside. Very good for conferences. People from all over the world. English speaking staff and very efficient.
Would highly recommend to business, couples family, friends or solo.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WorldTraveller007_07

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your review! We are very pleased to read your kind words regarding your recent stay at Rus Accord Hotel. Thank you for recommending Rus Accord Hotel to everyone. It is pleasant to know that you enjoyed your stay and found your room to be so clean and spacious. And we are especially happy that you found the team to be helpful. Once again, we thank you for your feedback! Hope to see you soon at Rus Accord Hotel!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

The staff here are very helpful and friendly. The room was clean. The food is very good. They have an awesome breakfast every morning. A buffet with many choices. You can exchange money right in the hotel, very convenient. They have nice rooms for conferences and meetings. Over all an excellent stay. Much recommended.

Room Tip: a Room facing the stadium is always a beautiful view. The higher up, the better for pictures.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank rjvh20
RusAccordHotel, Manager at Premier Hotel Rus, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a delightfully detailed review of your stay with us at Rus Accord Hotel, and for highlighting all the attention to details that you enjoyed. It is especially rewarding to read your kind comments about the staff, breakfast and our conference facilities - feedback such as yours is a great motivator for us and I would like to take this opportunity to express our appreciation. We very much look forward to welcoming you back one day soon!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The Rus hotel represents the bygone soviet times, or almost bygone soviet times as Kiev still offers many impressions from that time- so if you havent yet experienced it- Kiev is a good place to go..

Hotel is situated in the city centre- typical concrete soviet style- lobby with currency exchange, souvenir shop, taxi service, cafe and sushibar. Next floor has a bar and restaurant and probably a nightclub as I could hear loud music even I was on the 9th floor.. Check in was swift and courteus, and I found front desk staff smiling and helpful.

I had a standard room on the 9th floor- small-ish as too much furniture in the room. Materials on the cheap side and yes it looks a bit tired- but aircon worked, tv was brill, Beds comfy, internet adequate and free, plenty of hot water, cleaning everyday, toilettries. Every floor still has its own caretaker ..
One good thing is that you need a keycard in order to get to the floors by elevator- this means that unwanted items does not get there- which is much appreciated.

Breakfast was great, something for everybodys and plenty of it. I tried the sushibar for dinner and I have no complaints. Official rate for taxiservice to KBP airport is UAH350- which is too much you can negiciate to UAH250 or book through the net. Dont use kief-safe-transfer, not safe at all.

Booking tours in Kiev are way too expensive- but they have a hop on hop off bus and you can book walking tours through get-your-guide at very reasonable rates. And i recommend it.

The Rus hotel is 3 star and I definately think this rating is fair, I enjoyed my stay here and would not hesitate to stay again if I go to Kiev in the future.

Room Tip: think there is upgraded rooms and probably suites as well- if they are any better than the standard...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for very positive comment, we are glad to see that you have truly enjoyed your stay with us. It's very pleasant to know that you enjoyed our breakfasts and our staff. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you in the nearest future at our hotel!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

The hotel was built in 1979 and looked like it was last renovated in 1983. The radio installed under the desk and the 13" tv was a nice touch however. Watch out for the doorman and the lady guarding the restaurant entrance, they are no joke and are not looking to joke around. I asked the doorman to hold my luggage and he gave me a sour look like I should know where it goes and I should be the one to do his job. Then at breakfast I had already checked out and turned in my room key, not knowing I needed it to enter the restaurant. The woman at the entrance (who was probably 6'5" and had more muscles than Arnold, told me repeatedly, "Key. Key."

Needless to say there is a nice ukrainian restaurant near the hotel that has good dumplings and broscht.

Room Tip: The view of the stadium is good near the top of the hotel, otherwise ask for a city view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank FDURecruiter
RusAccordHotel, Manager at Premier Hotel Rus, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review regarding your recent stay at our hotel .We were disappointed to see that your stay was not what you expected, but I would be grateful for some more details on those situations with doorman and lady from restaurant so that I can respond to you (pr@hotelrus.kiev.ua). Once again, we thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel by recommendation of the group I was traveling with. They rented ballroom space at the hotel. The rooms are small but the internet and breakfast is free. The exchange bank near the reception area is horrible. By far the worst customer service I have ever experienced at a hotel bank. I am assuming the bank is it's own entity but the hotel management should seriously sit down with the bank staff and inform them that their customer service skills need to be improved. The front desk staff are concierge are friendly and courteous.

We weren't allowed to check in early even though our reservation and arrival times were made months in advance but because of the location and free wifi, waiting for a couple of hours was not horrible. The hotel provides guest with a complimentary drink between 6PM-10PM.

Room Tip: Try to get an upgrade if possible. I'm not sure what the difference would be but the standard ro...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review regarding your stay at our hotel. We apologize for the inconveniences you had to experience. We would be grateful if you could write us more details of the situation with bank (pr@hotelrus.kiev.ua). Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

This is not my first time in the hotel Rus. I’ve been here several times and I will come back more.
This is a good value for money.
Check-in time in the hotel is at 14.00, but if they will have clean rooms, they will check you in at noon without extra charge.
Also I want to point that on my last visit there were a lot of old woman on the reception desk. Now it is a lot of beautiful girls and handsome boys there. I want to pay attention on one of the reception boys. He has not very Ukrainian face for sure; I think his name is Magdi or smth. He is the most helpful hotel worker that I have ever seen.
As it was said before, standard rooms are very tiny. But it always clean and good smells. The chambermaids are doing a great job. Breakfast is good and varied. Upon your check in you will get a complimentary glass of champagne. The hotel can offer you a lot of services (relaxing, shopping and even air-tickets desk).
If you will not find something in the hotel, or you will wish to know smth.about the city the charming concierge will help you. They have all information about everything around.
Also the hotel offers its own taxi service. Professional drivers. They are English understanding more then English speaking, but they will understand where you need to go. Cars are good and new and clean. There are always several cars near the entrance. That’s why this service is more expensive then taking a local cab. I have tried both city car and hotel cars and I will recommend using the last to save your time and nerves.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
I cannot thank you enough for the very kind words you took the time to write following your recent stay at Rus Accord Hotel. We were delighted that you found your whole experience during your stay to your liking and that you will come back to our hotel. Thank you very much for great feedback about our team, I have passed on your kind words to Mehdy. Also we would like to thank you for your loyalty, we highly appreciate it. Hope to see you soon at Rus Accord Hotel!