President Hotel
US$145
US$138
Premier Hotel Rus(Kiev)(Great Value!)
US$68
  • Breakfast included
US$112
US$108
Travelocity
Ibis Kiev City Center(Kiev)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$267
US$310
US$289
  • Pool
All reviewsbig hotelroom servicehotel is situatedcoffee machinevisiting kievbreakfast buffet isnice breakfastenjoyed my stayindependence squareconferencecentrecityconciergebusinessmenenglishtaxissauna
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We used to stay in the Rus which is terrible and after a forray into the radisson we decided to give the President a go as its better for where we work.
Decent quality rooms. (Dated but comfortable)
Great service
Good food.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2012

First off, this is a great business hotel and one that should be considered. The rooms are relatlvely newly decorated, with a nice styling. The bathrooms are good sized, but here are two small issues: 1. The tub is really high and is slightly awkward to get in and out of - 2. The glass shelf above the sink comes into the sink space, so when needing to rinse your face for shaving or washing it is in the way. The bed was one of the best beds I have ever slept in, hard but not too hard, soft but not too soft....well done.

The internet was fast and came on immediately with no hesitations. The breakfast was also nice with tons of choices (coffee could have been a bit stronger).

Now why did I not give it 5 points - one the outside of the hotel still looks like something out of the communist regime, but in a kind of ciche way. The second, I had to leave at 7:00 pm for the airport and I asked the night before what can be done for breakfast. They mentioned that I could have a box breakfast to take the next morning. I ordered one, and told them I would be down at 6:45 (my colleague also did the same). I went to the bar to pickup my box and they said there was nothing. They were out of croissants etc. But, I was free to order anything for free on the breakfast menu....HAD I KNOWN THIS, I would have come down at 6:20 for breakfast. But, nothing would have been ready in time for my 7:00 am departure arriving at the bar at 6:45. It was just frustrating and not a nice way to leave an otherwise good hotel.

Reviewed 12 September 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights on business. Clean comfortable room, but slightly on the cramped side. Clean bathroom, large tub, and only complaint (minor one) would be the lack of water pressure in the shower. Excellent breakfast. Smooth check-in and check-out, helpful and friendly staff all around, nice lobby and bar are. Would absolutely stay here again.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

I have just returned from a week's visit to Kiev. I read a lot of things about the President Hotel and most of them were not very positive so I thought I will write a review to set the record straight based on my experience.

The check in was smooth, the check in time was 2 PM and we reached at noon so we had to wait for an hour but did not have to wait till 2 pm. Guess they gave me a room the moment they had one ready. I had booked through a travel agent and the booking was tied in and I was not asked for any documents except an invitation letter from someone in Ukraine.

The lobby is impressive and they showcase a lot of trophies there as well. It has a salon and a souvenir shop. The lobby level has a bar and restaurant. The waiters were English speaking polite and the food arrived quickly enough for Ukraine.

Room was basic 3-4 star with TV (got a couple of English news channels - BBC and CNN). They show a lot of English movies on local channels with Ukrainian voice overs.

The bathroom had a large tub, towels were clean and basic toiletries were provided. The water was not brown (as reported in some reviews) and the plumbing worked just fine.

Room service was efficient and the food was not bad. They charge 5% surcharge though and the menu is limited.

The room had a mini bar but it was locked. To get it opened one has to pay a deposit. Since the prices were steep I didn't get it opened. This I found a little weird as I like to use the mini bar fridge to keep my drinks cool and chocolates from melting.

A complimentary bottle of water was provided everyday.

Housekeeping was good. I found fresh linen, clean bins and mopped floors.

They have a gym, sauna and pool in the basement. I used the pool, it was small and a little cold but clean and I enjoyed a refreshing swim. The fitness center is free only from 7 to 11 am. After that is becomes paid and the prices are steep.

The buffet breakfast was excellent - huge spread with everything. Cereal, juice, tea/ coffee, fruits, breads, eggs, greens, potato dishes, cold cuts, salads, yoghurt and eggs. It was as good a spread I have had even in 5 stars.

The only bad thing is the all prevailing smell of smoke. Wonder where it comes from since the lobby and other common areas are all non smoking.

Also, as reported in other reviews the hotel taxi is steeper as compared to the city Taxis but the car was big, clean and the driver spoke English and I felt safe. You can always take the steps down to the main road to hail a taxi. There is also a department store at the end of steps to buy basics. Someone tried a 'look I found a lot of money' con but I pretended not to understand and walked away.

Other than that I found no problem with the place.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

The hotel was really nice. I had a single room which was spacious and comfortable with a nice balcony with a view. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and the staff was friendly. I usually do not have breakfast but this was a good one – various dishes, including some traditional food. I also had free wi-fi in the room.
The location was also very good – I reached the Bessarabian market by foot in only 10 minutes.
However if you want something from the minibar, you have to call the reception first, in order to get it unlocked. This was really strange, especially having in mind the prices of this hotel! For over EUR100/night you should be allowed to have a bottle of water or a glass of wine without asking a permission for that!
Overall, the hotel is nice and I will most probably come back for my next visit in Kiev.

Room Tip: the rooms on the top 2 floors have a small balconies.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business