“Wouldn't Do It Again”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kiev
Best Eastern Andrews Hotel
Ranked #92 of 111 Hotels in Kiev
West Hollywood, California
“Wouldn't Do It Again”
Reviewed 2 April 2006

I had unquestionably the worst experience at this hotel during my two and a half week Eastern European adventure. First of all, the majority of the hotel staff do not speak a word of English and the few that do speak it begrudgingly. Usually I don't have a problem with this, fully aware that I am not in my own country, however if I am willing to learn some Ukrainian, I would appreciate some effort on their part. Secondly, no information is given to you about the city, and a map will only be given hestitantly upon request. The poor young lad that was working the desk wasn't able to even find the hotel on the given map.
My room was unfortunately overlooking the garbage dump, was dark and cramped. As for sleeping purposes only, I normally wouldn't complain. However, the ants living in the bed with me were not appreciated. The first night I must have killed an anthill's worth of them. The room was overheated, with sealed windows that would not open. Breakfast is included, however it is made per order, and that is provided there is someone around interested in doing it. The first morning I was in luck, the remaining two though I ate from the stalls off the street.
Only redeeming feature is the lovely Andreeivsky Uzviz the hotel is located off of. Wonderful old street full of antique and craft vendors on the weekend. However, stay at the VOZDVIZHENSKAYA Hotel next door, which looks remarkably nicer.

• Stayed March 2006