Premier Hotel Lybid
US$254
US$302
US$292
  • Pool
11 Mirrors Design Hotel(Kiev)
US$231
US$226
Premier Hotel Rus(Kiev)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$50
Senator Maidan(Kiev)
US$142
Hotwire.com
Ibis Kiev City Center(Kiev)(Great Value!)
US$72
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmetro stationminute walkchernobyl tourbreakfast was includedpublic areastwin roomtaxiskybus
Reviewed 10 February 2014

A friend and I stayed in this hotel for one night. The room was very small but clean and we had a nice view. Breakfast was included and surprisingly good. The staff were not very friendly but when I asked for directions to the centre, the lady at the front desk directed me to a nice man who printed out a map for us. Next time I am in Kiev I would look for a better location - closer to the centre and other attractions.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The Lybid would not be the place to go on your honeymoon night - or for a special occasion, unless perhaps you had emerged from a spell in a Ukrainian prison or a coma. I perhaps am being unfair: it is not at all bad, and if you want cheap and functionally comfortable accommodation in downtown Kiev, this is a good place to go. If you want a real taste of the days of the USSR, you can take a trip back in time - in some respects. The hotel itself appears to have changed little from those days - but the staff service and friendliness are certainly more of the modern age, all were very pleasant and helpful. Wifi too works good in the rooms but you need to make sure you ask for a floor where it does. It works in communal areas downstairs - which were curiously full of Libyans marooned it seems after the war who seem to spend the entire day on Skype. As the pleasant Ukrainian staff busy about their tasks at the reception desk, they seem to have grown used to the loud bursts of Arabic from every nook and cranny across the lobby, echoed with the squawking responses from back home in Libya from the computers and iPads the long-term Libyan guests seem to carry everywhere with them. I didn't eat in the hotel - and the bar is quite basic with the usual 'entertainment' offered but which doesn’t harass you or disturb your reading the paper. A strip bar next to the lobby seems to operate too - with no-one apparently going in it seemed so you can ignore it. The metro is not far - and there's a pleasant (but very expensive by local standards) "Hunter's Restaurant" nearby - nice food but you can get much cheaper elsewhere. The room was spacious enough, quiet and warm - TV and shower all worked - but decor is firmly of the 1980s. If you want cheap and no-frills, this is fine - and once again, the staff were five star if the rest of the hotel wasn't – not that it ever pretended to be!

Room Tip: Not sure - I was in a room overlooking the traffic but high up, but it didn't disturb my sleep. Make sure wifi works in your room - I am told is erratic on some floors though that was from guide book and not my experience.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Diarmaid F
Reviewed 22 December 2013

This hotel is on an intersection of 6 different very busy main roads so is extremely noisy all through the night. I did ask for a quiet high room before I went. They gave us the top floor but it was facing the road. The heat in the room was unbearable. You could not turn the heat down at all. When I complained to housekeeping she came straight up to our room but said that is the way it is and they can't change it. She just said open the window! We kept the window open whilst we were there but not during the night as the noise was even worse of course. The radiator is on all day and night. Single beds were very small and too short for us both.Everything was very clean.
The room is basic but so small. Bathroom is tight, hard to use the shower and toilet! Wireless internet in the room.
Staff at reception spoke English which was good. Staff though were very unfriendly and the doormen made you afraid to enter the hotel! They were angry that we didn't speak their language! There is a strip club adjoined to the hotel and there are strippers constantly walking around very visible to guests. Just to warn you if you don't like that sort of thing if you are with your kids or boyfriend.
There is a shopping mall next door with a supermarket at the bottom accessed via a separate outside door on the street.
Breakfast is 7-11am. They have mainly European type food but there is also bread, croissants and cereal. We did have dinner there on our last night as we were so tired. Wish we hadn't bothered. It took ages to arrive and when it did the waiter just gave me my meal. He said just a second for the other meal but it still didn't arrive. When it did arrive my meal was cold. He offered to reheat it but I said no way so that totally spoilt our meal.
Hotel is also far away from anything. 15 mins walk to the metro Universitet.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I feel that everything was reasonably good: food, room, service. But staff made me feel as if I was a foreigner in this country. It was not because I had arrived from the USA where I have been living for quite sometime but because staff considered Ukrainian language as a nuisance though they tried their best. One of the staffers with a beautiful Ukrainian name Cherednichenko I believe did not even bother to respond in Ukrainian. Дуже прикро...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The hotel is in my opinion a fine choice for the price asked. It is not a luxurious hotel, but the room I was in was clean and I heard no noise in the night at all.
The only problem I had in the room is that the bed was too short for me. I am 1.87 and the bed was 1.80 I think.
The breakfast was truly great and the staff kept the dining area clean and made sure there was sufficient.
The hotel staff was very friendly and most of them spoke English well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business