“good, centrally located budjet travelers 3 stars hotel”

Premier Hotel Lybid
Ranked #44 of 111 Hotels in Kiev
Israel
“good, centrally located budjet travelers 3 stars hotel”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Centrally located,reasonably priced,good for short stays,clean,but needs some face lift up.
Durring the brakefast had to wait for teh coffe for 10 minutes,it was not ready the same for veggie salad.Small rooms for double room,old sheets and towels,only one set of toileterries,small working desk,sometimes wifi was really problematic,at some point at night noise from other rooms had heard.Very friendly personell at the reception,not very well trained at the dining room,safe deposit box for charge

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sumartin, Croatia
Reviewed 13 February 2014

When planning for our first trip to Ukraine, this hotel was recommended to me because of its nice location and for being in the "middle-class" of the hotels in the city. That stands as the the hotel indeed has a nice location, close to the center of the city. Also, the breakfast is very diverse and nice.
And this is about where the positive aspects of our stay in this hotel end. These are our experiences in hotel Lybid:
The hotel is (despite renovations) still quite socialist-looking but nice. First what you see upon entering the hotel, even before reaching reception which is behind the corner are a couple of bodyguards which "welcome" you with their "heartwarming" look and right after them are a couple of working girls.
Very few people speak English fluently and getting some information about the surrounding area is really quite an undertaking (I had to question three different people just to reveal the location of the nearest post office).
Also, there was a lot of confusion about payments. When we arrived, the lady on the reception insisted that we pay in advance for the three nights we have reserved which was the first time on my travels. Also, they accept only local currency which we didn't have enough so I asked if they could exchange my Euros on the reception so I could pay. She replied that the exchange office is closed and that we exchange the money tomorrow after it opens at 9 o'clock. I explained that we were going to a whole-day trip from early in the morning till evening and she assured me that the office will be opened at the time we come back. We payed the deposit and went to the room.
Upon entering the room we realized it is one of the smallest we saw in our lives, the beds are extremely narrow and short, suitable only for sleeping on the back and not moving too much. Bathroom is also extremely crowded; toilet bowl, sink and shower are cramped in about 2 square meters.
Next day, upon returning from the trip, I went to pay the bill and my brother went to the room. He found out that they disabled our room keys because we still didn't payed for the service (because we couldn't as they wouldn't let us). He found that out after some yelling from the maid which didn't know a word of anything but her native language, let alone english... On the reception, I found out that the exchange office is outside the building (a reception which doesn't exchange money...?) but the bodyguards wouldn't let me go out until I payed the deposit again for the next day. Very, very confusing and unprofessional.
Also the price is really too high for a service of this kind. Before booking, I also inquired about the parking for our car and was quite unpleasantly surprised when they replied that they charge it (around 7-8 Eur per night). I was even more unpleasantly surprised when I saw that the parking is just the area in front the reception, without any cover for cars or control.

As said, location and breakfast are good, but everything else is very unprofessional. We could have survived the inconveniences during our stay, but not also the rude, unhelpful and unpleasant staff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dorian K

Travellers are raving about these Kiev hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 February 2014

A friend and I stayed in this hotel for one night. The room was very small but clean and we had a nice view. Breakfast was included and surprisingly good. The staff were not very friendly but when I asked for directions to the centre, the lady at the front desk directed me to a nice man who printed out a map for us. Next time I am in Kiev I would look for a better location - closer to the centre and other attractions.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The Lybid would not be the place to go on your honeymoon night - or for a special occasion, unless perhaps you had emerged from a spell in a Ukrainian prison or a coma. I perhaps am being unfair: it is not at all bad, and if you want cheap and functionally comfortable accommodation in downtown Kiev, this is a good place to go. If you want a real taste of the days of the USSR, you can take a trip back in time - in some respects. The hotel itself appears to have changed little from those days - but the staff service and friendliness are certainly more of the modern age, all were very pleasant and helpful. Wifi too works good in the rooms but you need to make sure you ask for a floor where it does. It works in communal areas downstairs - which were curiously full of Libyans marooned it seems after the war who seem to spend the entire day on Skype. As the pleasant Ukrainian staff busy about their tasks at the reception desk, they seem to have grown used to the loud bursts of Arabic from every nook and cranny across the lobby, echoed with the squawking responses from back home in Libya from the computers and iPads the long-term Libyan guests seem to carry everywhere with them. I didn't eat in the hotel - and the bar is quite basic with the usual 'entertainment' offered but which doesn’t harass you or disturb your reading the paper. A strip bar next to the lobby seems to operate too - with no-one apparently going in it seemed so you can ignore it. The metro is not far - and there's a pleasant (but very expensive by local standards) "Hunter's Restaurant" nearby - nice food but you can get much cheaper elsewhere. The room was spacious enough, quiet and warm - TV and shower all worked - but decor is firmly of the 1980s. If you want cheap and no-frills, this is fine - and once again, the staff were five star if the rest of the hotel wasn't – not that it ever pretended to be!

Room Tip: Not sure - I was in a room overlooking the traffic but high up, but it didn't disturb my sleep...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Diarmaid F
Staines, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 December 2013

This hotel is on an intersection of 6 different very busy main roads so is extremely noisy all through the night. I did ask for a quiet high room before I went. They gave us the top floor but it was facing the road. The heat in the room was unbearable. You could not turn the heat down at all. When I complained to housekeeping she came straight up to our room but said that is the way it is and they can't change it. She just said open the window! We kept the window open whilst we were there but not during the night as the noise was even worse of course. The radiator is on all day and night. Single beds were very small and too short for us both.Everything was very clean.
The room is basic but so small. Bathroom is tight, hard to use the shower and toilet! Wireless internet in the room.
Staff at reception spoke English which was good. Staff though were very unfriendly and the doormen made you afraid to enter the hotel! They were angry that we didn't speak their language! There is a strip club adjoined to the hotel and there are strippers constantly walking around very visible to guests. Just to warn you if you don't like that sort of thing if you are with your kids or boyfriend.
There is a shopping mall next door with a supermarket at the bottom accessed via a separate outside door on the street.
Breakfast is 7-11am. They have mainly European type food but there is also bread, croissants and cereal. We did have dinner there on our last night as we were so tired. Wish we hadn't bothered. It took ages to arrive and when it did the waiter just gave me my meal. He said just a second for the other meal but it still didn't arrive. When it did arrive my meal was cold. He offered to reheat it but I said no way so that totally spoilt our meal.
Hotel is also far away from anything. 15 mins walk to the metro Universitet.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Stockton, California
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I feel that everything was reasonably good: food, room, service. But staff made me feel as if I was a foreigner in this country. It was not because I had arrived from the USA where I have been living for quite sometime but because staff considered Ukrainian language as a nuisance though they tried their best. One of the staffers with a beautiful Ukrainian name Cherednichenko I believe did not even bother to respond in Ukrainian. Дуже прикро...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Czech Republic
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The hotel is in my opinion a fine choice for the price asked. It is not a luxurious hotel, but the room I was in was clean and I heard no noise in the night at all.
The only problem I had in the room is that the bed was too short for me. I am 1.87 and the bed was 1.80 I think.
The breakfast was truly great and the staff kept the dining area clean and made sure there was sufficient.
The hotel staff was very friendly and most of them spoke English well.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business