Premier Hotel Lybid
US$254
US$302
US$292
  • Pool
11 Mirrors Design Hotel(Kiev)
US$231
US$226
US$156
US$126
  • Breakfast included
Premier Hotel Rus(Kiev)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$28
US$50
Senator Maidan(Kiev)
US$142
Ibis Kiev City Center(Kiev)(Great Value!)
US$72
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmetro stationminute walkchernobyl tourbreakfast was includedpublic areastwin roomtaxiskybus
Reviewed 16 July 2010

The hotel is well situated if you wish to get around Kiev, I stayed in a two room suite that was fine, not five star but more than comfortable. Hotel staff are polite and most can understand pretty good English. You should be aware if you are traveling with family that there is a strip club as part of the hotel and in the lobby and the girls (very beautiful) wonder through the bar and lobby to pick up men for sex, All this been said they won't bother you if you don't want them too. I spent four nights and had a couple of drinks in the bar each night and was only politely approached once so no cause for concern. On the hotel side the restaurant was very good and the staff especially helpful. The only downside I would say about my stay is that I arrive at 2am and they wanted a extra nights money to let me in my room before 12am, Which I thought was a bit wrong when the room is empty.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2010

As american travelers used to higher-end hotels, we were slightly concerned staying at this property from reading the reviews, but it is right across the street from the family we were visiting, so we decided to give it a shot. It isn't the Grand Hyatt, and anyone looking for 3-4 start US hotel quality shouldn't stay here, but it is right in line with other European hotels I have stayed in while in Italy, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. The rooms were clean, and we had plenty of space, although we had a suite. The bathroom was clean and plenty of towels were available. The shower setup and bedding were not what we were used to, but we adapted. We always had plenty of hot, colorless water (I am sure my review would have a different tone if I were there when the other reviewers were in May). We had 2 separate 3 night stays (in 2 different rooms) due to travel outside Kyiv, and both rooms were equally adequate. Airconditioning was better in one room than the other, but even the lesser producing unit did the job. The hotel room was no different than any other nice, non-chain hotel/motel you might find off the beaten path in the US.

A general warning to families, the "Sports/Entertainment" Bar is basically one TV in a small bar area next to a strip club, and the entertainers hang out in the "sports" bar, and also work their way through the 24 hour hotel lobby bar when business is slow.

The hotel restaurant was very good, we ended up eating the majority of our dinners there. A couple of the servers in the restaurant were the most pleasant people we encountered on the entire trip The included breakfast buffet had plenty of choices, and the staff kept bringing out food right up to the end.

The hotel staff are Ukrainian, so don't expect any hugs when you walk in the door, but overall they were helpful and professional. Overall, I can say we were pleasantly surprised by the Lybid, and we would definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2010

My husband and I stayed at the hotel Lybid 2 nights for a business trip
in standard room with king-size bed The room was comfortable, amazing
view on business district of Kiev. We had Wi-Fi in the room, but if you need they have rooms without Internet as well.
Close to metro and walking distance to the centre Khrechatyk. Friendly and helpful staff, breakfast is very
varied. I can recommend the Hotel Lybid for anybody who needs a nice place to stay for business.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2010

Definately would NOT be staying here again... Throughout my stay of 4 nights there was no hot water. And on the first few minutes of running, the water was brown... When asked, the staff would say it'll take at least two weeks to fix the hot water issue. (In a 3 star hotel?!) Also, there's no wifi in the rooms. The only wifi is in the lobby, which in the evenings was barely illuminated, so it was almost impossible to get some work done. Not to mention that it was ridiculously slow. Additionally, there's the constant feeling that the carpets in the rooms haven't been cleaned recently...
I would rather have a bunk at a hostel than this place. Stay away and choose somewhere else. The only positive thing I can say about this hotel is that the breakfast buffet was very good.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2010

what to say about this hotel ?
No hot water. I spend 3 days in this hotel and for the lenght of the stay they didn't fixed the hot water ! and reception staff just didn't care about it ! at least they didn't care about clients...
The room itself is just correct - noisy but clean.
Breakfast is ok - nothing special.
and location is not very convenient : 10 mn walk from the subway but you have a lot of bus just near the hotel (you'll be in the center in 20mn because of the traffic jam).
Well, I'm sorry but I like hot water in my room AND a nice staff.
For information: I didn't had any compensation for the water and the hotel didn't inform me when I've made the reservation or later...

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo