“Very interesting!”

104 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Very interesting!”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

It was a very interesting tour! You get to see his home and learn about what each room represents. It has some of his personal items (dressers, lamps, etc) and you get to walk through a dresser into another room like Narnia! (I'm not sure why, because the guide spoke Russian and my Russian is not the best) But it was still very cool! I loved it. :)

Visited February 2013

Kiev, Ukraine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“It is awful”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Despite I like Bulgakov, i didnt like the museum and its impudent staff, and i was dissappointed because they didnt let me visit the museum, and made me drive away!!! They said: you should order the excursion in advance(1week) or gather a group of 6-8 visitors. I told them i dont want the excursion, and just come in and view museum by myself, but answer was: it's impossible!!! I was shocked & very sad, moreover I was ashamed of their behaviour. I can imagine what they can tell to foreing guest!! I will never visit this museum, the most unpleasant museum in whole Kyiv!

Visited May 2012
3 Thank Irina O
Kiev, Ukraine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great museum, which gives you a good prospect of the writer himself and the time he lived through”
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I have always been keen on reeding Mikhail Bulgakov's stories and plays. Therefore, for me it was especially important to visit his museum. it gives you a good prospect on what the Revolution actually meant for people in Russia and how it affected life of different estates.

1 Thank Jane M
Hong Kong, China
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Nice experience in Kyiv.”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

A real house where Bulgakov and his family rented several rooms during a long time. Where he wrote his first book and some others. Where he worked as a doctor after graduation.
in a very center of Kyiv in Andreevsky spusk, beatifull street full of cafes and bars with a great views to the church located tha Bulgakov's house. You can find the excursion over the house where guide can explain you all the history of this house and the family. If you don't want to take an excursion you can buy tickets without. The house is not so big but you can see the real furniture and personal things, photos of the family.
Also youcand find the tea room there where you can taste fresh tees , differents home made bakery and jams.
The museum himself and the surraundings are totally forth a visit.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank KristinaGar
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Quirky museum with pretty tearooms”
Reviewed 15 August 2012 via mobile

Bulgakov's home is extremely pretty and interesting with lots of quirky features. Every visitor to Podil should drop by.

It is especially enjoyable for fans of the writer but I think most people will find this museum pleasant.

Unfortunately our tour was in Russian or Ukrainian (hard to know, since I speak neither), but the tourguide was very expressive and we got the gist of the tour. I understand tours are available in other languages.

The tearooms (open from midday) are quirkier than the museum and well worth a visit. The lady serving expertly decided what to serve each person and there was uniform price of 50uah each.

Attractive postcards and calendars are also available here.

2 Thank Rocca1980

Been to Mikhail Bulgakov Museum? Share your experiences!