“Exceptional botique hotel!”

11 Mirrors Design Hotel
Ranked #1 of 110 Hotels in Kiev
“Exceptional botique hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed at 11 Mirrors for four days prior to beginning a river cruise. Found it on Trip Advisor and the reviews were spot on. Fantastic large room with great city view on 10th floor, beautiful bathroom, great bed, fast elevator and special breakfast. The staff (housekeeping, breakfast, front desk) were extremely helpful. I had them arrange transfer from the airport to the hotel and from hotel to riverboat; both transfers were smooth and efficient. Front desk personnel provided very useful information regarding sightseeing and dining. Being in the city center, 11 Mirrors is convenient to all major sights. This where we will stay when we return to Kiev!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Galina_Martynyuk, Director of Sales at 11 Mirrors Design Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Many thanks to you for sharing your recent stay with the TripAdvisor community. On behalf of the entire team here at 11 Mirrors Design Hotel, we were thrilled to hear that your stay was so enjoyable. Each and every day, our staff strives to deliver this discerning level of service and personalized attention and we are pleased to know that our entire team was successful in achieving this with you. We look forward to hosting you for your next visit to Kyiv.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

Whoever designed this hotel has been taking notes on boutique hotels in the West -- and has successfully transferred the concepts to this hotel. Even though there were a few rather "trendy" aspects to the decor, all worked well! The staff could not have been better -- despite some awkward airline scheduling and some health problems on my part, they were just wonderful -- and so was their Emglish! Breakfast was particularly worthwhile also -- one could avoid Ukrainian cliches and focus on a healthy breakfast. This really was a wonderful hotel -- and a won derful experience!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words and your shining endorsement. We are thrilled that you had such a wonderful time during your stay with us! We do aim to provide our guests with exceptional service and comfortable accommodations and I am pleased that we met this goal. Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

The hotel is located in the picturesque, older part of the city. Good restaurants in walking distance and the rooms are modern, stylish and very comfortable. Free WIFI, nice toiletries, great staff who speak English and are extremely helpful. If you travel a lot and frequent hotels often this won't disappoint as it is of an international standard. Only downside is there is no gym but there is one close by that you can use - but who needs a gym when its such a nice part of town to walk around in? Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a '01' or street front room. Avoid the corner rooms as the configuration is a touch...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
On behalf of all the team members of 11 Mirrors I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent trip to Kyiv! It is great to know that you found our rooms spacious and the cleanliness was to your satisfaction. We do hope we have the opportunity to call you our guest in the near future!
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

The hotel is super top quality, been to many, and here on business. Internet is super fast, wireless no problem. Rooms super clean, 5 star. They have a fabulous breakfast included in your room charge, a full full selection of food not just toast and a muffin. Staff are extremely nice. Photos clearly show its awesome too. There is lots of restaurants to walk to. No gym. But you can walk around and take the stairs to your room for extra exercise.

Room Tip: 01 are courtyard, nice and quiet and the configuration is the best
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
I would like to thank you for choosing our property on your recent trip to Kyiv. I am happy to hear that you are delighted with our location, helpfulness of the staff and cleanliness of our rooms and I hope it will convince you to look no further for accommodation on your next visit to Kyiv. Please also note that all our guests have an opportunity to visit the gym located just few minutes away from our building at a very special price. We will be looking forward to welcome you!
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

This is the best hotel in Kiev, especially for Americans who have fallen in love online with Ukrainian women. Located in central Kiev about a 30-minute ride from the airport and just a couple of blocks from the Opera House, 11 Mirrors Design Hotel is a stylish, elegant, and cozy place for your rest and recharging. Staff members who are all fluent in English are very friendly and treat you like royalty. They are the best and I can't wait to go back 'cause now they are all my friends (spasibo!). Now that I've written this review, I'm afraid they might be sold out when I look to reserve next time. Trust me, go there...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Thank you! I can’t be happier reading your comments and knowing that we were able to create a memorable experience and that our commitment to deliver exceptional service reached this goal during your stay. We will be looking forward to your future stays!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

The good and The bad

I sent my original review to the hotel manager prior to posting. I wanted the managers feedback to some of my issues. I will convey the information here as best as possible.
The Bad:
No clock in room. I felt like i was in a casino having to check my phone or computer each time i needed the time (The manager appreciated my informing them of this and will review the hotel's no clock decision)

The bed was certainly very firm but surprisingly i slept well

My room on a mid floor had a street view which was ok. Don't expect water views or rolling landscapes.

I used maybe 6 or 8 facial tissues before the box was empty. I could have called the front desk for more but I don't like asking for things. By asking I'm making the oversight official and then it turns into an official annoyance. (The manager has briefed housekeeping on this issue and I doubt it will occur again)

Very small bars of soap to wash hands which is great but no bar for the shower. I do not use shower gel and prefer to shower with a bar of soap. Again, I can probably ask the front desk for assistance but when paying basically $500 a night I expect somethings to be provided without my asking. (Again, the manager informed me that they will review their soap bar policy)

This might be amusing for some and most will not understand this. Those who do understand this will certainly know exactly what I'm talking about. There is no "clearance" in the toilet. The seat cover and toilet shape are square. By clearance i mean that the wall and your male genitals will touch. It's just the way the toilet was designed I suppose. You will have to sit as far back as possible to avoid this and even then there might be some touching. Who on earth wants their private parts brushing against the inside wall of a hotel toilet or any toilet for that matter?! ( The manager replied these are very fashionable and high-end toilets meant for a short stay)

Perhaps I'm a late sleeper on a Saturday morning but i was wondering why housekeeping knocked on my door at 730am (I was told this was a serious error on their part and it will not happen again)

At about 12pm I took a shower. The first few minutes were excellent but then the water went freezing cold. I played with the lever and turned it on and off but still excruciatingly cold. I mentioned this to the front desk as i went out to take a walk and was told a technician will check into it. Upon arriving back at the hotel I enquired and was told the technician had found no problem. This makes me look foolish as the staff obviously didn't believe me that my shower was ice cold. Oh well. It's not as if i asked for a refund or discount or anything because of the sub zero temperature of the water in my shower. (Was told by manager that Kiev has a water shortage problem and therefore they have boilers in each room to heat the water)

As one who spends most of the year living out of hotels, when I check in and walk into my room for the first time, i always snoop around to see what this hotel does different than other hotels. Trying to find that extra touch. That extra thoughtful simple thing that will make me smile and say this is my new hotel for so and so city. I thought that had happened here but was let down big time. I saw on the desk a beautifully presented bag of mini hand lotion samples and some creams. What a nice gesture i thought for staying in the highest valued room. I put this lovely gesture on hold while i checked the minibar prices and to my dismay and extreme letdown, this cute little sample bag could be had for the small fee of $80. I nearly opened the bag to see what was inside. Phew!
Then they presented a huge brainteaser. On top of the sample bag is a teeny little sample that's just sitting there. Now the question is if this is a free sample to entice one to purchase the other samples or is this part of the sample bag. After further examination, I found in teeny print that the sample on top of the other samples was indeed a sample to be had for free. Oh Joy!

The Good:
Believe it or not i would recommend this hotel. The response I received from the manager shows me they are really trying to make each guests stay memorable.

It's modern. Does not feel in the least bit soviet like so many other Kiev hotels. I suppose it's luxurious in a very boutique sort of way.
The staff is extremely nice and all speak an excellent English. The afternoon doorman and his wonderful hat has a genuinely nice smile.
The AC is very good and the heating while i have not used it, looks to be very good.

The shower had good pressure and the shower door acts also as the bathroom door which i found really innovative and very cool.
The window shades keep out the light which is important on a hot summers day like today.
The safe was easy to use and those frequent travelers will appreciate that.

I awoke at around 6am to hear some drip drop sound. I couldn't find it in my room so walked into the hall and saw it raining buckets from the ceiling. I informed the front desk. They were kind enough to send me a letter saying it was a technical difficulty and sent me a plate of fruit. I'm not sure if that was a thank you for informing them the moment i realized the problem or because the water was turned to a minimum in the early morning hours or to the slight noise maintenance made while cleaning the mess. Perhaps they did this for everyone on the floor. When one of my employees brings to my attention an incident immediately I am very appreciative. Especially when it involves potentially costly property damage. Overall this incident did not detract from my stay and this was a freak incident and these things do happen.

I will visit this hotel again in the near future and write an update

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Char-lay845
Galina_Martynyuk, Director of Sales at 11 Mirrors Design Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear Char-lay845, first of all let me thank you once again for taking time to write your feedback regarding your accommodation in our hotel. We greatly appreciate the fact you chose 11 Mirrors Design Hotel over Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv.
Since we are a new hotel, each of your comments is an excellent opportunity to improve our services. Let me response upon your feedback.
Regarding your ‘Bad’ Chapter:
1. Clock. We will take into account your comment while our further hotel improvements andfor sure will provide you with a clock in the room while your next stay. By the way there is a clock which could be found in the menu of our interactive hotel TV (showing also worldwide time).
2. Bed. Our mattresses were carefully selected with the only one aim – to satisfy the needs of guests with different kinds of preferences so we chose medium. For guests’ special requests, we provide a special latex mattress above, that makes bed much softer.
3. Lack of tissues. We are very sorry for the inconvenience happened. Please be informed that we have already redirected issue to our Housekeeping Manager. She took it under her consideration and it won’t be happening again.
4. Soap. According to the hotel standards we put 3 pieces of soap: two on the sinks, one next to the bath tub and we refill it daily upon room cleaning. We assure that during you next visit to our hotel we will provide you with bigger bar of soap.
5. Toilet shape. As far as you know we are design hotel. Thus we follow the latest tendencies in fashion and interior design. Hotel design wasn’t ordinary from the very beginning as well as all the details in the hotel including square shaped toilet by Villeroy & Boch Modern collection. In all apart-hotels for long term stay (Senator Apartments City Center, Senator Apartments Executive Court and soon-to be-opened Senator Apartments Maidan), managed by our company we have common toilet spaces and we would be happy to welcome you at Senator Apartments as well.
6. Housekeeping & 7.30 am. Please accept our sincerest apologies for disturbing your privacy in the morning. Our housekeeping ladies strictly follow the rules where room cleaning starts daily at 10 am. But due to the technical reasons we had in the morning that day, they interrupted you by mistake.
7. Cold water in the shower. We are very sorry that you felt very uncomfortable about cold water issue and definitely you were right, so please accept our most sincere apologies on this. As you know every summer season in Ukraine water supply systems undergo regular sanitation & maintenance inspection. Thus, Kyiv City suffers of lack of hot water. In our hotel we start individual boiler heating system in each room in order to avoid this inconvenience with hot water supply. Unfortunately, boiler heats limited amount of water. After water is used, boiler needs time to heat another portion again. And this probably has happened to you.
8. Cosmetics. Month ago we have started our cooperation with Evidens de BeautéCosmetics which is the only brand in the world to be able to claim the use of Triple Collagen, a hitherto impossible association of three collagens of different sizes. Before purchasing this product we recommend to guests to try the complimentary samples in order to appreciate its high quality.
9. Mini Bar. The price policy for mini bar is quiet common for 4-5 star hotel in Kyiv as we have attentively checked the marker before our opening.
10. Cocoa. At the hotel buffet breakfast is included in the price, including the drinks on the buffet – tea, coffee, fresh orange juice. There is also an a la carte menu which is for extra payment (cocoa, cappuccino etc.). We will definitely check with our F&B staff why you were not informed about extras and again please accept our apologies for this misunderstanding.
Regarding your ‘Good’ Chapter:
We greatly appreciate your positive comments regarding our staff and their willingness to offer you our best services.

We will be happy to meet your personally so that to make sure your stay at 11 Mirrors is spotless should you decide to choose our hotel in the future. So please do not hesitate to contact me or our General Manager Ms. Rymerenko directly at +38 044 200 77 00. You are also welcome to ask our Resident Manager Irina for help if you experience any inconveniences during your stay, it would be our pleasure to help!
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

We had booked the 11 mirrors hotel with high expectations and the service and overall exceeded these expectations.
Having been impressed by the way we were greeted to the moment we left - I can only commend the hotel for anyone seeking a romantic break.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank spygack
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay to our property. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and have found our team hospitable. We hope to continue being your hotel of choice for many more years to come!