“You will not regret your decision”

11 Mirrors Design Hotel
Ranked #1 of 111 Hotels in Kiev
Brisbane, Australia
“You will not regret your decision”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

As a frequent traveller I prefer to stay at the 5 star major chain hotels just for that peace of mind and familiarity. I thought for a change I might give 11 Mirrors a try because of all the good reviews it was getting and let me say that I was NOT disappointed in the slightest. I stayed for 3 nights with my fiance to celebrate her birthday and so was always going to be very fussy when it came to the WOW factor.

This hotel is all about service. They were simply amazing. With the majors you do tend to get treated like a number usually but here it is a very personal touch they offer. There was nothing that was too much trouble for the staff whether housekeeping, reception, concierge and especially Iryna, the resident manager. On my fiance's birthday itself a bouquet of flowers, champagne and a fruit platter was left in our room with a card wishing her a happy birthday. At one stage I needed a substantial amount of colour printing done which needed to be sent out to a printer nearby....the staff took all my printing, sent it to the printers, had the concierge go and pick it up and then deliver it all to my room. This was all done in under 10 minutes and at absolutely no charge. If this was a major chain I would have needed a second mortgage to have it done I'm sure!!

The rooms are large, extremely modern and very well appointed with large TV set into the wall and a very unique wall bar with a range of spirits and wines. The bathrooms are spacious and exceptionally clean with a see through partition between bedroom and shower a nice touch....for the romantic couple of course!! For those who wish to keep their dignity intact, it is also a one way mirror so simply turn off the light and bingo, instant privacy!! The bed is very comfortable being firm but not too much. Plenty of pillows which are also very comfortable. Usually it takes me 3 nights to get used to a hotel bed but at 11 Mirrors I slept soundly on the first night.

I had read complaints about coffee and fresh juices being charged as extras to the included breakfast but was pleasantly surprised that this is not the case at all. We had both coffee and freshly squeezed juices and all were at no additional charge. The restaurant is not large but is modern, clean and suits a hotel of this magnitude...we never had a problem getting a table and in fact when there was a function held in the dining area on our first morning, the hotel simply extended the breakfast hours and provided free room service to compensate.

The location is about right with the Opera House and Independence Square within minutes walk of the front door. If you want to travel further afield then the Metro is also just a few minutes walk away and at about 20c to go anywhere, can't be overlooked as a very economical way of getting around.

The hotel is owned by Vitali Klitschko and he should be proud of what he has done here. His staff are very well trained, speak fluent English and are always very happy to help in any way they can. I congratulate all those who we had the pleasure of meeting at 11 Mirrors. They made a real difference to our experience in Kiev and I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone.

As a fussy and seasoned traveller who has sampled both the best and the worst of what hotels have to offer I can safely say that you will not regret your decision to stay at 11 Mirrors....go and experience it for yourself!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SteveNissen
Galina_Martynyuk, Director of Sales at 11 Mirrors Design Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear SteveNissen,

Thank you for a fabulous review of our hotel! Firstly, Happy Birthday to your fiancee, we hope your stay at 11 Mirrors made it day even more special. I am so glad to hear your praises for the attitudes of the staff here at the hotel. The whole team will be delighted to know that you were so impressed by their friendliness and level of service. Thank you again for the kind words, and for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Sincerely yours,
Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Harstad, Norway
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed in this very friendly and charming hotel 3 nights, and I have to say that 11 Mirror is maybe the most pleasant and relaxing hotels I have stayed in to this day. The most important thing I want to highlight is the friendly and helpful staff, everyone spoke very good English.
The room was very modern, big and cozy.
I am not sure what other hotels do wrong, all I can say is that 11 Mirror hotel does everything right. I will not even consider another hotel next time i'm in Kiev.

Room Tip: I payed a small fee for a room upgrade when I checked in, so I got a slightly bigger room in 9th flo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Arnt Vidar E
Galina_Martynyuk, Director of Sales at 11 Mirrors Design Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Arnt Vidar E,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave such an impressive review. We make every effort to create a unique and personalized experience for our guests, so in turn I am delighted to hear that your recent stay with us was so exceptional. Please be sure your feedback is highly encouraging to our team and we very much look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Kyiv!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We just returned from a beautiful long weekend in Kiev. This city is splendidly elegant, sophisticated, incredibly green and lush, fun-loving, strong and indomitable with magnificent architecture, highly delectable food and grandiose boulevards. And this hotel is the perfect dream! I wish I could give it six stars.
Location is perfect – on an elegant boulevard with wide pavements and lovely cafes and restaurants with outside seating. Right next door to the Opera House (where we saw and very much enjoyed The Tale of Tsar Saltan), 10 minutes walk from Saint Sophia and Maiden, a short taxi ride from the splendid and highly recommended Lavra complex.
The reception staff is so lovely and kind and go out of their way to make your stay perfect and unforgettable. We were offered an early check-in which made an enormous difference to our weekend, having arrived from London on an ‘overnight’ flight. They also upgraded us to one of the front facing rooms on the 11th floor. Thank you so much!! The room is so so gorgeous, with a magnificent floor to ceiling glass window overlooking the city and the golden domes of St Volodymyr cathedral. Such a splendid sight! Lying in the fluffy and delightful bed, looking out to St Volodymyr’s golden domes glistening in the sunlight is just like a dream. The room is clean, tastefully decorated and has everything you could wish for. The bathroom is just to die for: heated flooring, large bath for two, a splendid rain shower, two sinks, delightful toiletries. Everything feels so new and spotlessly clean and so welcoming.
The whole hotel has a fantastic atmosphere, great mood-lighting – a pleasure to be in.
Breakfast was delightful – starting the day with freshly squeezed carrot juice, spinach soufflé, fresh breads, croissants, cured salmon, etc was such a treat.
Iryna and everyone else at 11 Mirrors – thank you so much for such a fantastic stay. We hope to return and explore more of beautiful Kiev and we would undoubtedly stay at 11 Mirrors again. All the very best till then.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank claudia186338
Galina_Martynyuk, Director of Sales at 11 Mirrors Design Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Claudia186338,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave such an impressive review! We make every effort to create a unique and personalized experience for our guests, so in turn I am delighted to hear that your recent stay with us was so exceptional. Additionally, I am pleased that you enjoyed all that our neighborhood has to offer, as well as our various hotel amenities. I hope you know that your feedback is highly encouraging to our team and we very much look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Kyiv!

Sincerely yours,
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Hotel is owned by Vitali Klitschko, the heavyweight boxing champ, and located in a 100-year old building that he has renovated very nicely from top to bottom. The hotel itself is very modern, can't be more than 3 years old.

First the positives. Excellent location, 5 min. walk to the opera house, 10 min. to Khreshchatyk St., the main drag, 5 more to Maydan, the central square, good restaurants closeby. Spacious quiet rooms, modern functional baths. Front desk staff very welcoming and helpful. Housekeeping staff does impecable work.

There are some negatives. First, only one very slow elevator; one can read the several pages of the Financial Times waiting to go frrom room to labby, and trying to take the stairs puts one into a bit of a labyrinth and then outside the hotel, only useful as fire escape.

Second, this is a self-described design, concept, hotel, reflected, literally, in mirrors everywhere, in the rooms and lobby - Vitali must like to see himself coming and going - and a sea of highly polished chrome lamps, furnishings, walll surfaces, etc. Very glitzy decor, so 80's. And then there is the insidiously vapid lobby and elevator videos /music, enough is to drive one mad after a few days. When I asked reception how often they changed the videos/music, she said, "Our concept guy changes it once a month." I have a better idea: fire him and bring someone in with better taste and a bit of class.

Room Tip: Outside rooms have spectacular views of city; inside rooms less expensive, very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank jack w
Dzhulai_Irina, Manager at 11 Mirrors Design Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Jack W,

Thank you for choosing 11 Mirrors Design Hotel! We appreciate your taking the time to write your review following your stay with us and we are pleased to read you had a comfortable stay at our hotel and found our location excellent and rooms modern and cozy. It is also nice to hear such a positive comment about our staff. We are very a dedicated team that works together to make sure that we provide the highest possible standards of service to all our guests.

The reason we use mirrors in our design is our concept. 11 Mirrors means eleven reflections of accomplished personality and emphasize the human values, qualities and desires. In the other words they are eleven reflections of the internal “me” of each of us. Among our mirrors are Curiosity, Optimism, Passion, Courage, Creativity, Independence, Sense of Humour, Reliability, Generosity, Confidence and Harmony. That’s why guests of 11 Mirrors immerse into the hotel’s atmosphere, complete it and integrate into one solid entity. Let me please also add that the hotel has been opened in June, 2012 and the property is newly built. The hotel is inspired by Wladimir Klitschko, a younger brother of Vitali Klitschko. It was a dream of Wladimir to create his own hotel and it has been embodied in 11 Mirrors Design Hotel.

We appreciate your opinion concerning elevator and video & music playing there. This is what we are working now about on it. During your next stay at our hotel you will have the opportunity to enjoy great selection of videos dedicated to the hotel, Kyiv and lifestyle rhythm of life. We would be thankful if you could share your opinion on the changes in the future.

We are looking forward to welcoming you at 11 Mirrors Design Hotel again at the nearest future!

Iryna Dzhulai,
Resident Manager
Alma-Ata, Almaty City, Kazakhstan
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I've stayed in more than 10 different hotels in Kiev so I consider 11 Mirrors is the best one for me. Been there in the first days of May. Excellent location, staff, very very cosy interior, big comfortable rooms, bath with a warm floor, great BAR in the room (biggest ever seen), wonderful design and atmosphere, breakfast, everyday bed changing, etc. If you need a perfect stay in Kiev - don't hesitate, book it!

Hope to stay there every time I visit Kiev!

P/S forgot to mention: created and protected by Klitschko ))

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Galina_Martynyuk, Director of Sales at 11 Mirrors Design Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Yevgeniy,

thank you for such a wonderful review! Your compliments and praises about our staff and service were very much appreciated and what is the most important we are happy that you had a great stay with us! If I can ever be of assistance please let me know. We can’t wait to welcome you back again!

Solcava, Slovenia
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed already few times at 11 Mirrors. Love the friendly and professional staff. The service is amazing. Irina and Olesya at the reception go extra mile to make a stay in the hotel comfortable and a visit to Kiev pleasant.
Locations is central and around are few excellent restaurants. Rooms are nice and spacious. Some have an amazing view at Vladimirski Sabor.
Breakfast is excellent. I usually enjoy homemade "syrniki".
Stayed at many 5* hotels in Kiev before - but 11 Mirrors is by far the best one. While hotel is slick the excellent staff creates a warm, homey atmosphere. Fantastic place to stay!

Room Tip: Just ask Olesya and Irina to help you with the room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GordieinMoscow
Dear GordieinMoscow,

Thank you for choosing 11 Mirrors Design Hotel and sharing your feedback! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the views and had a wonderful experience. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Best Regards,
Bergisch Gladbach, Germany
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Very wonderful hotel with very polite and helpful people. The room was quite large and ver modern. I liked the " Maxi Bar" in my room, despite the fact that I have not used it .
The only disappointmrnt I expierin ed was on the next morning, I ordered my breakfast the evening before and the did not served my Cappuccino and forgot the butter and knife. Since I was in a hurry I did only complain at my check out. The receptionist immediately offered me coffee or tea.
Sure I will come back!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Hans_Joachim K.,

Thank you for choosing 11 Mirrors Design Hotel and sharing your amazing feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, but we would also like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with regards to the room sevice. We will do all possible to avoid any faults like this in the future.

We would love the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Kind Regards,