CityHotel
Senator Maidan(Kiev)
US$180
US$175
Hotels.com
Premier Hotel Rus(Kiev)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$63
US$156
US$124
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Kiev City Center(Kiev)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$257
US$302
US$289
  • Pool
All reviewscity hoteltop floornice view over the citywithin walking distancecomfortable bedsgreat hotelcheck in was quickbusiness tripmini barwestern standardscentral locationlarge roombreakfast is servedroom ratecomfortable hotelexcellent breakfastminute walk
Reviewed 29 July 2013

If you would like to relax in Kyiv really cool, just choose this hotel. In addition you'll get a 20% discount if you purchase a Kyiv City card. Next month I'd stay in CityHotel in Kyiv. Really perfect place

Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Carlosrevera
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I had great 3 night stay in this hotel. Everything was top of the line - the room, the breakfast and service. It was my fist time in Kiev after 35 years and it was amazing, beyond my expectation. I hope to come back next year and stay longer.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lana K
Tatiana_Shutova, Director of Sales at CityHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Dear Guest!

Thank You for great review!
We'll be delighted to welcome You during Your next visit to Kiev!

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Stayed here in October 2012 for a week on business. Wonderful hotel, reasonably priced, very comfortable beds (I still dream about them!), nice breakfast with a panoramic view of the city. You can't go wrong with City Hotel. I will definitely stay here next time I am back - I think its the best place to stay in Kiev. Hope they keep similar prices because its definitely worth it!

Room Tip: don't stay in a room on a high floor! thing is that - the restaurant is on the top floor and every night, they play music. If you are a few floors beneath the restaurant, you will hear the beats. Ask for a room on 9th or 10th floor - max 12th, that way you can get a good night sleep! I had no problem with my room were not so lucky.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank russkita
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I choice this place over the Cosmopolite I have stayed in before because I had more time on my hands this trip to head into Kiev a bit more. The hotel is on good location, two blocks from the Opera. It's a bit hidden because the entrance is on a side street behind an older building. The hotel is quite nice, the rooms and beds are quite good, nothing to complain. The only thing I truly missed was a stand for my suitcase.
Breakfast is ok. The view from the restaurant is very nice though because it's on the 15th floor. Don't use the car service or suggested taxis from the hotel, they are way more expensive than normal taxis. When ordering a cab at the front desk tell them you want a regular street taxi! All in all I would recommend this hotel due to its good price/quality/location mix.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeroen22
Tatiana_Shutova, Director of Sales at CityHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Dear Guest!

Thank You for hotel review and recommendation! We appreciate Your opinion on our service and we'll do our best to improve it. In fact we have already started: we ordered luggage stands for our clients' comfort!

We'll be glad to welcome You again in CITYHOTEL!

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Our fifth visit to Kiev, but the very first time we stayed in a hotel. We were honestly and positively surprised as the Cityhotel was much better in real that what we saw on the Internet. Even the standard double room in which we stayed was quite comfortable, super clean and had every single detail one could wish for. I am puzzled why this hotel is rated with only 4*. And if you read some of my other reviews, you will see that I rarely waste compliments. The food selection for breakfast was average, but everything tasted great. The gym is rather small, but covers the basics. I know for sure that the next time we are around, we will definitely consider booking this hotel.

The minor issues which did bother us, but didn't spoil the overall impression are:
1. Bathroom was a designated smoking area, although we had a non-smoking room. How silly is that!? But I guess smokers have their way of appreciating such things in case of crisis.
2. There is a single terrace connecting many rooms without even a psychological barrier. This deprives you from privacy to a certain extent, since anybody can "drop by" if you forget to close the door, or they can peek into your room if you don't pull the curtains together.

Tips to the management: invest a few grivnas and install some panels on the terraces to provide a complete privacy to your guests. And by all means fire the male receptionists.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hateshabbyhotels

Dear Guest!

Thank You for finding time and warm words to evaluate our hotel! We take into account our guests' tips and suggestions on how to make accomodation more comfortable and stunning! Thank You for paying attention to such disadvantage as lack of partitions on the balconies, we know the problem but we were not able to start construction works during winter-spring period, and until the end of summer problem will be solved!

We will be glad to welcome You in CITYHOTEL!