“At the highest standards !!”
Review of Hilton Kyiv

Hilton Kyiv
Ranked #5 of 111 Hotels in Kiev
Chateaugiron, France
“At the highest standards !!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed there on a business trip in Kiev this month. The place looks brand new, and everything was perfect. Rooms are outstanding, breakfast is great, really nothing to complain about. Maybe the atmosphere is a bit "cold" in the huge lobby, and it is surely not the best atmosphere in town, but this is really secondary for me. I'll surely be back there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Michel G
Hassan_Ragab_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Kyiv, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Mr. Michel,

I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed staying at our hotel.

Please be assured that your comment regarding the "cold" atmosphere is noticed and will be discussed with the team and we will think of some improvements in order to have the best atmophere in town!

We are looking forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Kyiv in future.

With best wishes from Ukraine,

Hassan Ragab

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Hilton's new flagship in Ukraine is an ambitious and beautiful property near the National University of Kiev and across the street from the University Metro Stop (Київське метро). I say ambitious because after visiting all of the five star hotels in Kyiv, I am convinced that the ownership of this hotel is trying to win in every category. This hotel is beautifully designed. Its bar and restaurant are amazing and far exceed anything else on offer in the city. In particular, their restaurant, though very expensive, is world class and is beautiful to look at. So too, the cocktail bar could win contests in Hong Kong or Singapore. Its truly first class.

As the nearby photos attest, the rooms are also very nice and have the best of everything. I am a regular Hilton customer (Diamond) and had a good experience during my four day stay in May. Though Kyiv was in the midst of political turmoil, the hotel operated very well. The staff is excellent. The mostly Ukrainian and English speaking staff were terrific. They had clearly been well trained and couldn't have been more hospitable. The door men always greet you with a smile and the front desk team was thorough.

Though the breakfast service is awesome. Cooked to order eggs and a full spread of breakfast pastries. Very nice. One problem though, I asked for a take-away coffee because I was running late for a meeting. The hotel couldn't come up with a paper cup or a lid to accommodate my request. Very odd for a business hotel.

However, because this is a very new property, there were still some kinks. Though I was upgraded to a very nice Junior Suite, not everything worked perfectly. The wifi was spotty and forced me to stand in the hall a lot to connect. For some odd reason, there was no rod for hanging clothes in the closet in the "dressing" area and I was forced to put my clothes in the front hall closet.

Also, my key card (with access to the nicely appointed Executive Lounge) needed to be reset about four times during my stay.

The spa in this hotel is truly world class. If I lived in Kyiv, I would use this facility all the time. The pool and gym are great for the business traveler. The sauna (Finnish and Hammam) is great. Certainly much better than anything at the Fairmont, IC or Hyatt. I fully expect that once the service bits are sorted out this will be the undisputed Top Five Star property in Kyiv.

Room Tip: The large suites overlooking the park are the best.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank duchamp_98
Hassan_Ragab_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Kyiv, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review of your recent stay at Hilton Kyiv. I am delighted to hear that you chose to stay with us when you visited Kyiv.

We pride ourselves on being able to meet and exceed the expectations of our Diamond guests.

Please be informed that I have taken note of your comments, both positive and negative, so as to improve our service for the future.

I hope you will choose Hilton Kyiv again should your travels bring you back to Ukraine.

Yours sincerely,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I haven't stayed at the hotel, however; I stop in whenever I am craving a quality meal that I can depend on. The restaurant is great as is the bar. This is one of the few hotels that I have been to here that actually has a bar/lounge feel to it that is comparable to that of the states. The food has been great, as has the management staff when they have greeted me. Hilton standards have definitely been pushed in this facility as they aren't lacking at all. Great job Hilton!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hassan_Ragab_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Kyiv, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Mr. Israel,

Thank you for sharing your kind comments.

It is delightful to hear that you are very happy with our restaurant and bar. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Kyiv in the near future!

With best regards,
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Was a good experience in a recent Hilton opened in Kiev (~2 months). Nice design, nice public areas, good security, very professional team aat reception, concierge, SPA and restaurant. It's relaxing. the rooms are new and with good quality and design. The bar is nice even being small. The restaurant is modern, efficient and good quality food in a very professional team. Congratulations to the GM! I'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: Hi floor on the lateral corridors.
2 Thank vima-65
Hassan_Ragab_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Kyiv, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Mr. Vima-65,

Tank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hilton Kyiv.

I am delighted to read your comments about our hotel and I am extremely happy to read that you liked our team. It is great to know that our efforts result in positive effects for our guests.

We are looking forward to your return visit.

Best regards from Kyiv,

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Excellent but fairly pricey new hotel in the Ukraine capital. Very good staff - more smiling than in other Kiev hotels I have visited. Fancy light switches. Only problem with room: leaks from the shower cabinet.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I am delighted to read you found our staff wonderful.

I am very sorry for what happened with the shower during your stay.Please be assured that our Engineering department is making all necessary actions to ensure that difficulties will not recur.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in future.

With best regards,

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 12 June 2014

one of the most impressive hotels I have ever had the enjoyment to stay. The staff is the best I have ever dealt with. This is a must stay in Kyiv. My room was on the top floor and had the best view of the city. The hotel is on a busy street, across from a park and less than one block from the Metro and there was very little noise inside the hotel. This hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the Maydan and less for shops, food and coffee, which is right around the corner. The staff was willing to help with any need from laundry to personal meals. The sauna, gym and pool were all top notch with impeccable service also. There is no way I can rant about how great the staff was. This is truly a 5 star hotel I wouldnt stay at any other hotel in Kyiv and I recommend it for anyone that visits Kyiv.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank paisaac1967
Hassan_Ragab_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Kyiv, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review your experience at our hotel. I am thrilled you enjoyed the property as well as our staff.
We take a tremendous amount of pride in delivering the best in service.
I sincerely appreciate your feedback, and hope to welcome you back to Hilton Kyiv in the near future!

With kindest regards from Ukraine,

Athens, Greece
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I had a 2-night stay in this newly opened hotel in Kiev. The stay was excellent, the hotel is top in terms of style and decoration, the staff is super-friendly and they go in and out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Achilleas S
Hassan_Ragab_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Kyiv, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Mr. Achilleas S,

Thank you for such a great feedback in regards to your stay! We are certainly happy you enjoyed our newly opened hotel .
Hope you'll come back to stay with us again in the near future.

Until then, take care and have a wonderful weekend!

With kindest regadrs from Kyiv,