“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 111 Hotels in Kiev
Miami Beach, Florida
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

My stay at the Hilton in Kiev was top notch and the staff made it all happen. What a great place! Everyone from the Front desk to F&B team. Staff were all professional and helpful. Thank you and look forward to another stay at your hilton.

2 Thank Carmine Z
Hassan_Ragab_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Kyiv, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Carmine,

Thank you so much for your "Excellent Stay" review.

We are so proud to see that you enjoyed your stay with us as and that our Front desk to F&B teams took good care of you.

We hope to see you back again very soon!

With best wishes from Kyiv,

Hassan Ragab

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have been to Kyiv several times, both for business and pleasure, and the Hilton is without a doubt the best hotel I have stayed at. The service is exceptional - I cannot even single out anyone by name, because literally every member of staff I interacted with (reception, concierge, room service, business center, breakfast, etc.) was extremely friendly, hospitable, and welcoming. Room service even called after delivering my order to ask if everything was up to standard and if I had enjoyed it. The hotel is brand new (only 3 - 4 months old) and a beautiful property in a convenient location. All of the facilities - including spa, gym, saunas - are excellent.

I would like to say a special thank you to the hotel for allowing me to stay until 4 PM on my day of check-out with no extra charge. My flight wasn't until the evening and this made things much easier on my end, to have use of the room until I needed to leave for the airport - very much appreciated.

2 Thank Jen K
Dear Jen K,

Thank you for your five-star review.

We are so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us immensely and that our service was outstanding! We pride ourselves at creating exceptional stays for each of our guests.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,

Cortland, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Arrival at Hilton Kyiv, where one is greeted immediately by courteous staff members, creates the impression right away that this is a first-class establishment. The glittering lobby and public areas speak to its new-ness and modernity (I visited just a couple of months after it opened).

Concierge Alexandra was especially helpful in showing us where we could find different locations around town.

In the restaurant, which is not yet all that busy because the hotel is so new, elegant tables are set far enough apart that you can enjoy a good conversation with friends. The breakfast is about the normal price for a hotel buffet, but the quality and variety are definitely there. I had an omelette made to order, fresh fruit and juice, coffee delivered to the table the way I asked for it, and so on. Staff were unfailingly polite and solicitous.

But it is the guest rooms where the Hilton Kyiv most clearly demonstrates that it is an ultra-modern luxury hotel. Large and comfortable beds with good pillows and comforters; brand-new desk and chair, phones, flat-screen TV, iron and ironing board, safe, complimentary coffee and tea, etc.

Where many European hotels have bathtubs and showers designed for hobbits, Hilton Kyiv's bathrooms will accommodate travelers tall or less-tall in comfort. My room had a separate shower unit as well as a bathtub.

Location: the Hilton is on a major road, a short taxi ride from the downtown attractions. There is a subway stop nearby, and buses, but I don't know enough to recommend them. Taxis are inexpensive-- 70-75 hryvnia (or about 9 bucks US) to the Maydan area, where there are lots of restaurants. A taxi to the airport is 250 to 300 hryvnia ($21-25 US).

In fact, the location is one of the only things that keeps Hilton Kyiv out of my top 3 favorite hotels world-wide. The neighborhood isn't bad; it just doesn't have anything to recommend it (unlike comparable Hilton properties in London, Berlin, Vienna).

So: if you are going to Kyiv for any reason, and you want to ensure that you have a safe, comfortable, convenient hotel stay, the Hilton Kyiv should be your first choice.

Rooms
Dear Mr. Simon,

It is a big pleasure hearing of your wonderful experience with Hilton Kyiv and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let us know.

Since our recent opening, we have focused daily on our service standards and expectations of our staff. It's always pleasure to hear that the hotel has gotten to the point it needs to be. I am confident we can keep topping expectations on each of your future visits.

I am also incredibly pleased to learn of how much you enjoyed our staff and I will share that with our team, and especially with our beautiful Concierge - Alexandra.

We greatly look forward to your return.

With best regards,

München, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very friendly, helpful staff! My room was very quite, clean and with great comfort! I had access to the Executive Lounge. Nice Panorama! Will book this hotel definitely again, when coming back to Kiev! Situation in Kiev. Very calm and normal life! Transport Airport-Hotel and Hotel-Airport was organized by the Concierge and worked perfectly. I felt very comfortable and very welcome there!

Rooms
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Michael S
Dear Mr. Michael,

So happy to see that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed your room, our Executive lounge and panoramic views.

You are right, the situation in Kiev is finally very calm now and we sincerely hope that this city will experience only positive changes in future.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards,

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

This was my second stay in Kyiv at the newly opened (March / April 2014) Hilton. True to the Hilton style, the standards are excellent. I found the rooms comfortable and spacious. I did have access to the VIP Lounge, which is comfortable, quiet, and with floor-to-ceiling windows, gives you a sense of the city. I also was able to try the health club, and found it reasonable. The fitness room had the usual aerobic equipment, and some weights. I would go for some additional weight machines. The fitness center has too saunas (Swedish and Russian), as well as a Steam room. Massage services are available and I enjoyed a relaxing massage while I was there. The restaurant downstairs is well designed, with bottles of wine, as well as fresh produce displayed. The kitchen area is open, enabling one to watch the culinary experts at work.

People are the most important aspect of any hotel and the Kyiv Hilton has an excellent staff. Oleksii, the Chief Concierce, and his staff made every effort to accomodate my needs. I enjoyed the company of the Executive Chef, Shota, who has a career of working in Kitchens throughout Europe and demonstrates a level of professionalism that explains the quality of the Kitchen and restaurant. Restaurant staff are courteous and accomodating.

I will make the Hilton Kyiv my base hotel in Kyiv, and hope to return in the future.

Room Tip: Wifi is free for Diamond Members. Quality consistent. Seventh floor rooms for Diamond Members with...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hassan_Ragab_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Kyiv, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback of Hilton Kyiv hotel.

I am thrilled to hear that you really enjoyed staying with us while also being able to enjoy some of the Hotel's offerings, such as VIP Lounge, our Spa and Park Kitchen restaurant.

I will be sure to share your compliments with our entire team and of course I will pass your kind words personally to Shota and Oleksii. Again greatly appreciate your positive comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon - be it for business or vacation!

Warmest regards from Kyiv,

Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Staff was very friendly, polite. they really do their best to make guests feeling comfortable. Hotel is modern. Breakfasts are delicious, lobby & Bar- Restoran are modern and staff are kinldy, also Mr. AMAC, He is a polite and profosional. His team are like him. Thanks Mr. AMAC.

Generally; everything was excellent. Rooms & g. area are clean, all items and prdoucts are high quality for other kiev hotels. Good choosing. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Kubilay O,

I am thrilled to hear that you had a comfortable and "excellent" experience: from the service you received, to the time you spent at our Bar and Restaurant.

Please be assured that I will pass your kind comments to Mr. Amac and all of my colleagues.

On behalf of the entire team here at the Hotel, thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in what we hope will be the near future!

Kindest regards,

Chateaugiron, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed there on a business trip in Kiev this month. The place looks brand new, and everything was perfect. Rooms are outstanding, breakfast is great, really nothing to complain about. Maybe the atmosphere is a bit "cold" in the huge lobby, and it is surely not the best atmosphere in town, but this is really secondary for me. I'll surely be back there.

1 Thank Michel G
Hassan_Ragab_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Kyiv, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Mr. Michel,

I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed staying at our hotel.

Please be assured that your comment regarding the "cold" atmosphere is noticed and will be discussed with the team and we will think of some improvements in order to have the best atmophere in town!

We are looking forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Kyiv in future.

With best wishes from Ukraine,