“Very good hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil
Ranked #13 of 112 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed here as it was close to a venue we needed to be at for work, and also as I have Gold membership at Radisson. I have to admit that on arrival I was a little disappointed that no free upgrade was available with my gold membership. However even without this they did put me on a high floor, with good views and the normal complimentary items in my room.

The front of house staff were amazing, giving me tips about the city, recommending bars, helping me get tickets for a football match, etc. They deserve a pat on the back. Room and bed were very comfortable and the shower was great. Gym was good enough for a hotel of this size, a few cardio machines and a good selection of free weights.

We were very impressed with the hotel restaurant, service was a little slow but that was fine with us as we had no further plans. The food was great, we tried various local delicacies, the service was very friendly (although many of the restaurant staff had limited English) and the drinks list was more than enough.

All in all a great hotel in the middle of what is a very intriguing city.

My only comment would be to Radisson, who on their website state that gold members get no food/drink discount in various hotels, this being one of them. For this reason I didn't use my gold card to get discounts. At the end of the trip I found out I could get discount on food, and the hotel gave me a discount off my final bill, but the Radisson website should be amended to reflect this as this was a bit of an inconvenience.

Room Tip: Go for the high floors with the good views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
YBandurko, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Dear Guest GlobalGooner81,

Thank you very much for your recent wonderful and detailed review. By sharing your impressions with the TripAdvisor community you are doing our team a favor because your feedback is extremely valuable and helpful for the hotel's management and the staff in the continuous improvements of our services.

First and foremost, I would like to apologize that upon arrival we were not able to provide you with free upgrade to Business class room due to a lack of superior vacant rooms caused by the high occupancy at your arrival. We really appreciate your interest in Club Carlson Loyalty Program and your trust to our Rezidor chain. As you have mentioned my colleagues tried to find for you one of the best standard room. Unfortunately we have had limited availability during the high occupancy when it comes to Business Class and above. Should you need any assistance for your future reservation, please feel free to contact me directly via e-mail yana.bandurko@radissonblu.com or the hotel reservations department as soon as possible to avoid lack of available superior rooms and we will block the room of the definite category for you (as Gold Club Carlson Member).

I do really appreciate your note concerning our website and definitely this comment have been already shared with our PR Manager and we will better prepare our system in such cases. Certainly our Gold members get 15% food/drink discount in our restaurants. I am glad that you were informed about it and upon check-out the final discount was made for you.

You have made special mention of our team here at the front desk, and I am very glad to read that the service you have received was so positive. I will certainly make everyone aware of their job well done! We do take great pride in our helpful and attentive staff and it will be my pleasure to share the great feedback with our entire team.

Thank you very much once again and we look forward to the opportunity to host you soon here in Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil in the future.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed for three nights at the Podil Radisson Blu, and would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Kiev.

Room and hotel were spotlessly clean, all items in room were working perfectly. I had a couple of room service meals, and breakfast at the hotel, and all were very good, hot, and served quickly.
The meals did seem quite pricey, but I suppose that's more to do with hotels than a particular criticism. There are many cheap places to eat in the Podil area.

Staff were excellent, very eager to assist. Marina on reception, in particular was very helpful with taxis, prices of taxi trips, etc, etc. Nothing was too much trouble.

I had booked through hotels.com and there were no issues with the bill at all upon checking out. All seemed very professional and well organised.
I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: as high as possible - I had a standard room, and it was perfectly adequate
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest Egofilm,

We greatly appreciate you for taking the time to write this delightful review.

Thank you for your kind feedback especially regarding our polite and attentive service. It will be a delight to pass the feedback on to the team and especially to Marina as I am sure this will be a great source of motivation for them.

Once more, I could not thank you enough for sharing this amazing review with us and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I went on a business trip to Ukraine 10 days ago and our local colleagues had recommended this hotel. It is 1 year old so everyhting feels clean and fresh, the staff is very nice and courteous (eventhough they struggled to make a booking for us at a local restaurant), the breakfast buffet has everything you need to start the day well, and the rooms were spacious and clean.
You're literally 10 mins away by foot from Andreevsky Descent which is a great place to stroll after the flight, and discover the beauty of Kiev with a few good restaurant options there.
Honestly, for me it's everything a hotel should be !
Plus I love the Anne Semonin bath products Radisson provides you with, they are really high quality !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest AnneMarie Tipi,

Thank you so much for taking yout time to share this positive review at TripAdvisor.

We could not be happier to read here that you had such a comfortable stay with us and that our team was able to make your stay truly a pleasant one. Our team always strives to deliver the Yes I Can-service and we are truly delighted to hear that we have succeeded in this.

It will be my pleasure to share your kind comments with the whole team as I am sure the feedback will be greatly appreciated. The location couldn’t be any better as we are in the heart of the historical part of Kyiv city and Andriyivsky Descent is just around the corner.

We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you soon again!!!

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights 26-29 September 2013 and were very pleased with everything. It seems like a newer hotel. The room is great and has everything you really need, with an especially good bed/mattress/pillows. First thing I do is always check the bed for cleanliness and it was immaculately clean. The closet's got an ironing board and other stuff you'd expect from a decent hotel. We wanted an extra pair of slippers (there was just one) and they brought us one immediately. We didn't find any bathrobes. We asked to get a couple and got them immediately, and they were of very good quality. Same goes for the the linens and towels with the quality excellent and definitely what you'd expect for what you're paying.The bathroom is one of the best I've seen in any hotel. The shower has great water pressure and an excellent Grohe showerhead and rain shower. The toilet paper is good.

The service is amazing and pretty much everyone from the front desk to the restaurants to housekeeping are super friendly and extremely helpful. Think of anything you need but don't have... a phone call to front desk and they will take care of things. Unlike many hotels, the service is done without much fuss or grumbling. Plus, everyone is knowledgeable. We'd like to give a special shout out to Olga and Pavel from the front desk, and Yevgeniy at the restaurant for their professionalism.
We tried out the breakfast after the first night and decided we'd have breakfast there for the rest of our stay. The food is so fresh you don't find this kind of freshness in many top hotels charging much much more than here.
Location is very good and you're pretty much in the center of it all so the main tourist spots are walking distance.
We were really pleasantly surprised by the quality of this no-nonsense, business hotel. We will use it again if we return to Kiev.
The only negative we can think of is the use of carpet throughout the corridors and in the rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
YBandurko, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Guest Khashood,

Thank you very much for your lovely review of the Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil. We are thrilled to hear that you and your wife had a great stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments, and especially for those regarding our staff, which we have shared with the entire team. I am more than happy to know that our Front Desk team, especially Olga and Pavel, left a lasting impression on you.

We are glad that you found our location very good - we certainly always recommend as well the Andriyivskiy Descent with its open art air-market and for that wonderful panoramic view of Kyiv!
Thank you very much for awarding us top scores and for your really wonderful comments regarding our breakfast and guest room. The Radisson Blu brand, to which we belong, aims to give our Guests the same recognizable surroundings and the same level of hospitality wherever they are around the world. We appreciate your positive note concerning One Touch Service concept – which is a core philosophy of Radisson Blu hotels worldwide, just press the button on the phone and our team will be there to help you. This all gives our guests the peace of mind of knowing what to expect from their next destination and feeling at home whether they are.
It is very encouraging to read that you would return to our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back in the future.

Kindest regards from the team at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed here for four nights as an extension to a River Cruise from St Petersburg to Moscow.

After the river boat cabin, the room seemed huge! Very comfortable bed, and nicely appointed bathroom. The buffet breakfast which was included for us was great, but if I were paying myself, I'd probably opt to eat elsewhere. This hotel has a good location--up the street from the Zoloti Vorota Metro Station, and a pleasant walk to St. Sophia.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

This one is newer than the one on Yaroslavska. The rooms are bigger and the hotel is several levels of opulence above the older Blu. Didn't check whether the buffer breakfast was still Eur30 per person as there are plenty of alternatives just around the corner.
Great location for seeing Podil. St Andrew's descent ends at the adjacent square. The descent has a street market (think Portobello Road or Camden Market in London) on the weekends where you can get your fill of tourist trinkets as well as authentic Ukrainian bric-a-brac.

Room Tip: Not as near to the cathedrals as the other Blu but well situated for exploring the old town (Podil...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
YBandurko, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear GuestMaycat99,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil and for taking the time to provide feedback about your visit. We take guest feedback very seriously and view these comments as an opportunity to improve our services and facilities. Your recommendation of our property to the rest of the TripAdvisor community is very important for us and we would love to have you back with us as a repeat guest and make you feel at home.

Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil Team

Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

we stayed at radisson for one night while traveling to zaporozhye , everything well arranged , the room clean and organized , check in very smooth with miss Shipolova ,breakfast box ready on time ! well done radisson blue and keep on going ! thanks for your attention and care!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Liliane12_12
YBandurko, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Guest Liliane12_12,

I would like to express our utmost appreciation for your nice feedback about your recent stay at Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil and we are very happy that our hotel with its facilities and services were up to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed your recent stay as previous one and thank you also for your praising words to our staff. When our guests come back we know we’re getting things right. To keep you coming back again and again, we strive to provide an exceptional service level at all times.

We will be very pleased if we can be your host once again in the nearest future and we are looking forward to seeing you.

Kindly accept our warmest regards from
the Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil Team.