“Excellent in all respects hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil
Ranked #8 of 111 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel several days at the end of June this year. Clean and tidy rooms with nice and clean carpets and good furniture, perfect noise isolation, high standard service, exceptionally polite receptionists, laundry service 24 hrs 7 days a week. I would recommend this hotel to everybody who wants to feel care and luxury.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
YBandurko, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Anton,

It was our great pleasure to welcome you during your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on the site on your return home.

I am thrilled that you appreciated our rooms, services and the Front Desk staff and I am happy you found them polite and welcoming at all times. We all love what we do and we want to do it to the best of our ability. It is our aim to provide all our guests with a memorable stay.

I have passed your kind words to everyone who appreciate your time and wonderful feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights on a business trip to Kyiv. The hotel location is excellent, on a small street just off of Kontraktova Ploscha in the heart of the Podil district of Kyiv. There are a number of good restaurants within easy walking distance as are such sights as the Andrivskiy Descent, St. Andrews, Maidan and so on. The Kontraktova Metro station was a very short walk and the square itself is a pleasant enough place to spend some time.

The hotel is pleasant and modern in its decor. My room was generously sized with plenty of closet space, a very reasonably sized bathroom with a generous amount of counter space. The walk-in shower deserves special mention for the presence of both a hand held shower as well as a ceiling mounted, very large, high flow shower head. One of the best hotel showers I've every run across.

The room itself was nice and well appointed with generous drawer and closet storage as well as a built in safe. A foldable luggage rack was provided. There are plenty of well placed, accessible electrical outlets, a design feature that I like. WiFi was available and free but a bit anemic from a performance standpoint. I'd classify it is as just adequate.

Breakfast was included. The available food options for breakfast included a buffet plus on demand omelets and other egg dishes from the kitchen. The buffet itself was highly varied and very nice. The only part I didn't care for was that the coffee was not very good. Given the overall quality of my coffee experiences in Kyiv, I found this to be very surprising.

Staff were friendly, professional and very helpful for all of my needs. Cleaning crews were up and about quite early in the day.

Overall this was a very nice if somewhat pricey hotel and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the small street in front of the hotel and was quite nice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ted,

Thank you so much for posting your warm and such a detailed review on the TripAdvisor site for us and I am delighted that you found our staff professional and friendly and that you appreciated our hotel services. Thank you for mentioning about our location in a wonderful setting with lots of local attractions on our doorstep.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed the breakfasts but I am very concerned to hear of the disappointment felt with the coffee during the breakfast. Rest be assured it has been already discussed with our Food & Drinks Manager and next time I hope you will enjoy our coffee as well as anywhere in Kyiv.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I can only recommend this hotel, my best stay in Kiev. Very close to downtown and all the restaurants. Great rooms, modern and spacious. Nice bathroon amenities. Delicious breakfast is not to be missed with the fresh smoothies and fruits.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Petra,

Thank you so much for your nice review where you recommend the Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil so highly to other travelers.

It is great to hear how much you liked the hotel location, your room and the breakfast. We are so pleased our arrangements were everything you needed and met your expectations to be able to enjoy a comfortable stay.

I sincerely hope you will choose to stay with us again for a future visit to Kyiv.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

For the price I paid, I would say this hotel was just okay. The room is nice and the amenities are sufficient. I've stayed in this hotel on three separate occasions and none of the rooms I've had had fully functioning shower doors. They didn't close properly and water would eventually seep out of the shower area. Also, it seems that this hotel charges additional fees for a second breakfast even though I booked a double room. I found that policy to be odd. Overall, while the staff was always friendly and professional, I think the hotel should review some of its policies on breakfast (and perhaps add a little variety to it; it can get a little tiring eating the same thing everyday for 7 days) and fix those shower doors.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
YBandurko, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to feedback the details of your stays at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil. Our Guests are very important for us, as well as you are being already our regular Guest.

We are very pleased to find your positive comments regarding our team here at the hotel, it’s great to read how helpful you found our staff and that they were always on hand to assist with any queries or assistance you may need. However I am very disappointed to learn that some of our services didn’t live up to your expectations and please rest assured your comments have been taken very seriously.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the confusion regarding the shower doors. We certainly do not expect to encounter such shortfalls within our guest rooms and I would like to assure you this is undoubtedly not the service delivery and standards we pride ourselves on. I have however been sure to highlight your feedback to our management team to see if further enhancements can be made and our engineering department have taken all the necessary steps to prevent it from happening again in future.
Let me mention as well that I am sorry to hear about the confusion with the additional charge for the extra breakfast, I hope it was just a misunderstanding from both sides and 2 breakfasts were included into your rate and we will be more attentive to such details. Concerning your comments about the breakfast variety as you are staying usual with us minimum for a week kindly be advised also to taste our breakfasts in Café 17. I am sure you will find our menu enough variable and prices very reasonable.

I sincerely hope you will choose to give us another credit of your trust and return to us on a future occasion so that we may offer an experience to the standards we pride ourselves on. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly through my contact details below if I can be of any assistance with your booking or you would like to discuss your further stays in detail.

Best regards,
+38 044 393 13 73

Reviewed 30 June 2014

New modern interior of rooms, suitable for business or pleasure trips. comfortable soft layer matress. excellent client service at all levels, extensive breakfast buffet and peaceful location close to city centre. free parking at street level. Will come again.

Dear Guest 828Eugenel,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience on Trip Advisor and for recommending our services and location so highly!

To hear you could not fault our hotel one little bit is truly excellent and our team are delighted you chose one of our rooms during your last visit to Ukraine.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next Kyiv visit in the Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

In general good image and great satisfaction. The only problem, I often experience during my stay at Radisson, is the water drain in the bathroom, that is not running properly. The shower stall is sometimes overfloated. Music in the breakfast area is always too loud. Nevertheless excellent staff, very helpful and friendly,especially at the reception!

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
YBandurko, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Guest Jean-Pierre P,

Thank you so much for choosing the Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil during your regular visits to Kyiv. As you know we really appreciate your trust and you keep returning to us each time.

It is really lovely to read how helpful and friendly you find our staff. We take great pride in our ‘Yes I Can’ attitude and it is really great as our staff are really living this.

At the same I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused sometimes in the bathroom and in the restaurant due to loud music. I know my colleague Timur already informed you that these are not our standards and all your comments were immediately passed to the definite departments and rest be assured we will do our best to prevent such issues in the future.

I certainly hope we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel again and again and we look forward to your soon return.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I am staying at this hotel for an extended stay(three weeks) and so far the hotel staff has been great. They are friendly, fluent in English, and very attentive. The rooms are all modern and appear to be newly renovated. The hotel is close enough to the metra to get around and surrounded by many restaurants and bars to keep one entertained. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel out of of the ones that I have stayed at in Kiev. Great job Radisson Blu. I'm not sure, if they have suites in this hotel, however; considering the length of my stay, I wish they had at least upgraded for that reason. But all in all, I would definitely stay here again and most likely will book all of my future stays here.

Dear Mr. Greene,

Following up our recent conversation I would like to take once again the opportunity to thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback and for your on-going and continued loyalty to the Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil. We are delighted to know that you feel comfortable here with us and you find our location very convenient. Your kind comments were already passed to our staff, it’s the best motivation for us to improve our service. I hope you are satisfied with the upgrade to Business Class room and we met your expectations to make your stay more comfortable.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly or my colleagues at Front Desk 27/4 via One Touch Service if you have any requests or you need any further assistance. Once again thank you for recommending us so highly to other travellers.

Best regards,