“Great!”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv
Ranked #9 of 112 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Very good! Very helpful and flexible hotel staff! It is close to the center and there are also great places by walking distance, such as the Golden Gate, Saint Sofia church etc. Also the breakfast is really good - you have a wide variety of food to choose!

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
GMRadissonKiev, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Istvan K,
thank you for your fantastic feedback on your stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. And thank you for highlighting the flexibility of the staff!!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed for two nights on a recent business trip. I have stayed in Kiev before, and this was my first time at this hotel.

What I liked about the hotel:
1. Excellent customer service, from the front desk to the breakfast room staff to the doorman.
2. Nicely situated for a walk in an interesting area of town.
3. Breakfast is ample, fresh, and the room is bright and inviting.
4. Adjoins the Mille Miglia Restaurant -- a wonderful place for Italian food.

What I think can be improved:
1. The area on the sidewalk in front of the entrace is a bit unkempt -- it should be a bit more inviting and cleaned up.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
GMRadissonKiev, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear SwissMike1234,
thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. And special thanks for the detailed list. We have looked into the sidewalk as per your comment - plus for this summer we have added a nice and cozy terrace in front of Mille Miglia.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I wrote before I did not like this hotel. However since my colleagues were staying there I booked once more. Just now found out when expensing the trip - that hotel charged me 800 UAH for "broken lid" - broken lid of what?
I did not have any parties in my hotel room, so what could I have breaken?
But even more, if there was something broken - why they did not mention this at check out? But quietly put it on the bill - counting that I was in rush, and would not check.

This is pure rip off !!!!!

On top of that other things I noticed:
-bad choice of wine in lobby bar - however when you press them - they find you good wine, but only when you press them hard (my one colleague asked for wine choices, and they mentioned only couple of choices - but then my another colleague insisted and after long discussion they brought what we needed.
-the main entrance to hotel was closed, you could only use side entrances. I thought maybe - when you close the main entrance - how about you add information "sorry, closed due to winter, let's use other doors.
I mean when you chargé for hotel the price you do, I would expect it to be at good level.

Dear Jacek M
thank you for your detailed feedback on your last stay. I have read several times also your previous two feedbacks and I really wonder what went wrong overall. I would love to be in direct contact with you regarding this. My email is: andreas.fluckiger@radissonblu.com.
Looking forward to hearing from you anytime soon,
Sincerely...Andreas Flückiger

Reviewed 27 January 2014

The hotel is very nice, well equiped but the main highlights are the extremely helpful and polite staff as well as the food. Try any soup proposed!!! Even though the internet service is a bit slow the staff helped us through. Also, use the business center!!! Try the wonderful sleepers offered by the hotel!!! Overall, I had an excellent time!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
GMRadissonKiev, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Christina A,
efharisto poli - thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Looking forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

The hotel is geared towards business people. It is a bit pricey but is expected for Kyiv. There is a nice bar downstairs, which is quiet and has a large tv screen. When I first arrived, it is your typical attitude expected from a "business" geared hotel. Someone did break the ice and want to thank her for it. Her name was "ANNA" who was a trainee at the hotel. She was down to earth and went out of her way to help me and answer questions that I had regarding departure. The hotel itself is located near just about anything, except for a huge mall. To the right is a small store where you can purchase wines, sodas, snacks, etc.. Across the street is a bakery, which when you first walk in, you can smell the fresh pastries and offerings. Traffic gets a little hectic in front of the hotel, but can be expected.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank James A

Dear James A,
thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. And thank you for commending Anna - rest assured ist has been noticed and brought forward.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

The hotel is in a good location. The hotel is a little out of "Radisson Standard". Hard to point out details, it is a general feeling. The single beds are really small. Not too comfortable. Breakfast is OK. Bar not so attractive.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JohanMoerbekeWaas
GMRadissonKiev, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Mr. Moerbeke
thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us! I understand you mentioned "hard to point out details" and sometimes it is just a general feeling, however if at one point you would remember something specific that would help me to improve my services, please do not hesitate to contact me via email:
andreas.fluckiger@radissonblu.com
In the meantime I wish you and your loved ones a very merry Christmas and health and happiness in 2014.
Yours truly
andreas

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Having traveled many times to Kyiv and having stayed in several different hotels (mostly in the Podol area) we were very pleasantly surprised by the quality and value of the room, superb breakfast and excellent service provided at this hotel. Genadij at the front desk was exceptionally helpful and provided excellent service. This is our new "hotel of choice" in Kyiv!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple