Opera Hotel
CityHotel(Kiev)
Hilton Kyiv(Kiev)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsteatro restaurantleading hotels of the worldmolton brown toiletrieselegant hotelsauna and jacuzziconcierge servicestar hotelroom servicequiet locationstandard roomexcellent breakfastborschtprofessional staffthree nightsrestaurant staffbusiness tripmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Classy boutique hotel. "Near" the Kiev Opera, but a good hike, uphill about 3 blocks - about 10 minutes. About 15 minute walk to Khryshatyky and the Golden Gate Historical site.
One of only two choices if you want a North American 5-star hotel in Kiev.
Rooms - my first room was called "classic". So tiny you had to turn sideways to walk up the side of the bed. There wasn't anyplace to even place my luggage. After checking with my travel policy, I discovered this was not the category of room which I should have been placed in. Plus, I was staying 7 nights so they moved me to a "standard" room.
The standard room was more acceptable for a business trip. It had a desk, place for my suitcase and a wardrobe to hang clothes. Mini-bar in room. But none of the rooms have a dresser.
Bathrooms had a fresh rose, hand towels, hairdryer, etc.
I requested an "interior" room which looked out into the center of the hotel so I wouldn't have to hear street traffic.
Restaurant was excellent... however dinner service was extremely slow. I waited 30 minutes for my salad, with another long interval for main course, then another 40 minutes for my cheque. But the food was great.
Breakfast was very good - everything from North American breakfast food - bacon and eggs, yogurt to smoked fish, pickled mushrooms, peppers and blintzes. Try a bit of everything.
Overnight shoe shine service - a nice to have, but the first night my shoes arrived at 11 am the next morning. Good thing I didn't need that pair! So I had to write down that my work pumps be brought back by 6:30 am.
Bellini Bar is an excellent place to hang out and have wine or coffee.
TAXI's - I quickly found out it's cheaper to call for your own taxi. The first cab the hotel called for me charged me 2 1/2 times more than the regular rate. My work colleagues quickly educated me on getting a cab. There are several types of taxis. Those which the hotel calls will charge 2 - 3 times the price. Then there are cabs which charge "local" rates - these cars are older vehicles, might be less clean. There is the next tier above that where the cabbie charges sightly more, but the cars are newer / cleaner. If you call a cab company they immediately recognize that you're not a local and will over charge you. Get a local colleague to call for a cab if you don't want to overpay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Vicar_of_Dibley
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Spent 1 night in October 2012. Very nice hotel, clean and spacy.
200eur a night.
Staff english speaking.
Plenty of choises for breakfast
Bed very comfortable.
I liked that there were 2 different types of pillows - so you can choose it by the hight you are used to.
Unfortunatelly I didn't have time to investigate the spa facilities...
Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Good clean rooms, excellent staff and service , wifi good, amenities better then usual for Ukraine food in Bellini bar is good for nice meal and not too costly. Would recommend for business trip the staff all speak English well and had no problems there at all
Only minor issue was that not many outlets in room if you are workIn on computer and charging your phone!

Room Tip: Never had a bad room here
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank andrewshka1121
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I'm usually stay t this hotel during my business trips to Kiev and I have never been disappointed since quality of service is very high, rooms are clean and quite, good wi-fi. I always recommend it for my friends. This hotel is amongst the best in Ukraine!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Great accommodations, excellent and very helpful staff - really enjoyed our stay at this wonderful hotel. Highly recommend! Within walking distance to attractions and shopping. Great restaurant and bar on site. If you are not looking for a large breakfast, the cafe is open early in the morning and has wonderful coffee.

Room Tip: We stayed in a standard room and it was more than adequate.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple