“This is the best hotel, with the best staff!!!”
Review of Hyatt Regency Kiev

Hyatt Regency Kiev
Ranked #7 of 112 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have stayed at this Hyatt several times over the last few years, and this time I really cannot say enough good about it. It makes my Kiev stays so pleasant and comfortable. The location is fantastic, with nice views of the gorgeous monastery and church with their gold domes, from some of the rooms. The staff are all SO nice and so competent, it's extraordinary (and their sweet and helpful, friendly attitude is very unusual in Ukraine, where one often gets a slightly snobby attitude). This is the best trained hotel staff I have ever encountered, and I travel all over the world. Special thanks to Marina at Reception, who helped me and went out of her way to sort out an issue with the ATM machine in the hotel. Rooms are great, comfortable, with all the fittings you need including a tea/coffee pot, comfortable bed and linens, good desk area, and wonderful bathroom. The breakfast buffet is great, with a large assortment of fresh fruit and fruit juices, and just about anything else you could want. Wifi works very well in the rooms. And the gym is large and fantastic. The location is great for walking around and seeing the nicest parts of this city. I only wish there were a few more TV channels, and something other than news and sports - e.g. some movie channels in English would be great. But that is a minor issue. I look forward to my next stay is this very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get room at front, with views of square and monastery/church
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JLiss
Yulia K, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear JLiss,
Greetings from sunny Kiev!
Thank you so much for posting your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor.
We are always pleased to hear that the care and service provided by our team members meets our guest's expectations. It is also great to know that you always enjoy our room, food and beverage and Health Club facilities, all your kind words will be shared with the associates.
With regards to more TV movie channels we will try to look into this upon their availability of course.
Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Kiev.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be any assistance for you.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Good sized rooms, very clean, nice location. Service is a bit mixed up, we had couple of issues but overall good. Executive lounge lacked quality and drinks and snacks served in the lobby is very very very limeted, needs to improve a lot given the rates we pay. Very nice hotel but not nice to your pocket compered to rest of Kiev.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Deniz K
Yulia K, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Denikon,
Thank you for taking the opportunity to stay with us and share your experience. Thank you for your kind words on our room and location.
We are sorry to read the Regency Club and service there did not meet your expectations. Please be kindly informed that we have moved the cocktail from the Lobby back to the Regency Club. Hence we will be more than glad to welcome you back in the nearest future and to do our best to meet and exceed your expectations.
Guest relations Manager

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Very well located in front of saints Sophie cathedrals and 200m from other church.
Employee are very nice , room comfortable , restaurant , breakfast ok , roof bar very nice, nice music and nice view .
Spa is nice as well.
Price a bit expensive but for such kind of services it is ok.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dimix73
Yulia K, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Dimix,

Thank you so much for leaving a review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our rooms, location and service. I will be sure to share your comments with our team. We hope to see you soon!

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I am staying in this hotel since one year from time to time. For that reason I saw the developments and changes in the hotel, and sure there were some occurrences, this is quite normal. But there is a strong desire to improve even something what cannot be improved further. So the overall impression is - great location, excellent service and highly recommended.

If you travel with the business purpose - this is really the best what you can get in Kiyv. Hyatt offers you a true business experience and there is nothing what may disturb you. And if you want to do some other activities - great fitness and excellent pool - btw you should definitely visit the pool.

But what I mostly like is the "human touch" of the staff - this is something what still counts today and what differentiates the good companies from ordinary ones - for that reason I see that Hyatt is well-managed and keeps the level, and this through years what is definitely a great achievement.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank An_Mak2014
Kateryna_Stoian, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience in Hyatt Regency Kyiv with Trip Advisor community. We are thrilled to know that you have enjoyed all your previous stays with us and we truly hope that more stays to come.
Your positive feedback was passed to our employees and it is definitely the best award and motivation for all of us.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,
Kateryna Stoian

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have stayed at this location in the past and I have had bad experiences. I decided to try it again because I am attending the inauguration of President Poroshenko and the parade route is along the Hyatt. In the past, I was charged $275 @ Dessange in the Hyatt for hair color that is $45 in a top US salon.

I checked in and was disturbed three times within 30 minutes. Turn down service, mini bar and a third unknown reason. The troubling this is that they did not bother to knock any of the three times. The third time, I was leaving the shower and I was not dressed.

I booked regency Club and I was then advised that the regency Club was closed on one of the days but I could get a free drink in the lobby. WOW, really?

On the one night that it was open, there was five green apples and soft drinks only. This is a disgrace. not only that , but they are setting up for a private function and there is ONE table for guests to use on a Saturday night.

I called Hyatt platinum service and they were OK. However the front desk called me three times within 10 minutes when I was on a business call. LEAVE A MESSAGE...STOP CALLING ME INCESSANTLY.

The property is over priced and carpet and furniture need an upgrade. There are MUCH better options in Kiev..11 Mirrors and Fairmont (which is FAR from perfect here too).

Room Tip: front of the property only
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Yulia K, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. We are truly sorry to read that you had a less than satisfactory experience with us at Hyatt Regency Kiev. This is certainly not indicative of our usual level of service. We really apologize for the inconveniences we caused you with the service received from the Housekeeping, Front Desk stuff or any other area of the hotel.
With regards to the Regency Club unfortunately it was closed during that time. Anyway there is no excuse in this matter and I would like sincerely to apologies for this confusion. Hence certain amount of GP points have been returned to your account.
Once again, we really hope that this case did not influence on your overall experience and that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

When I'm in Kiev, I always stay here.

The service is excellent. The rooms are very quiet and comfortable. Security is very low-key, but certainly and comfortably present. All of the staff are very helpful and polite.

The food is delicious and fairly priced.

And ... a nice quiet summer evening on the terrace at "Bar on 8" with the missus and a bottle of wine can't be beat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Offshore2long

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words posted. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel and service, and we are also really pleased to read that you found our staff helpful and polite. Thank you for you kind words on the Bar on 8, which I know the team will be pleased to hear.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Could not be in a better location. A proper, world class hotel with top notch service and attention to detail. The restaurant is impressive with fine fod in a relaxing atmosphere. Staff go out of their way to make you feel like a guest should.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jackjblackburn
Yulia K, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for expressing your gratitude and satisfaction regarding your recent stay with us.
Your feedback has been passed to all employees and it is a great source of motivation for all of us.

Looking forward to welcome you back!

Guest Relations Manager