“Best service and value in San Salvador!”
Review of Maria Jose Suites

Maria Jose Suites
Ranked #12 of 55 Hotels in San Salvador
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This is simply the best small hotel in San Salvador.

The hotel is in one of the safest areas of San Salvador with a lot of options for food and entertainment nearby.

The "apartments" (suites) are quiet, spacious, clean and well appointed.
As its name suggest, think of the rooms as one bed room apartments with full size stove, fridge etc.

The covered and gate-secured parking is a huge plus.

All these amenities at what probably is the best value of hotels in this category in the whole city!!!

They have a couple of options for the included breakfast, but I stuck with the "Tipico" (I'm a Salvadorean living in Los Angeles) which was simply delicious,

Vanesa, Esperanza, Carlos and Pedro Javier (staff) are extremely helpful and attentive.

Vanesa even saved my life (and wallet) when she helped me out to sort out an "I left the car keys inside the car and my plane leaves in 90 minutes" problem for which I will be forever grateful to her!

All in all, this is easily the best place I have stayed in San Salvador. I highly recommend it and will definitely be coming back in the (hopefully not too far) future; either by myself or with my whole family (wife and three daughters).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 June 2013

This hotel is in a great location, the service is great, the apartment was kept clean everyday. The breakfast is out of this world yumi and everyone there is very friendly and attentive. The only important detail missing is, that the rooms did not have a microwave, and with a small kid, you always need that.
Me, my husband and my two kids stayed at Mari Joses' and we are planning to be back this September ;)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Clean, safe, simple and friendly place in a quiet street. We stayed there for a week and liked it very much.
The breakfast is a nice touch, served in your room at the preferred time.
We went grocery shopping at the supermarket and cooked "at home".
We would go back there without any hesitations.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I had the pleasure to stay here for three months. I was working at sites across El Salvador, and Apart-Hotel Maria Jose became my base of operations and oasis from the chaos of San Salvador. This hotel is a superb value. It is ideal for business travelers and those attending family events in the area.

Location- Colonia San Benito is quiet, safe neighborhood with plenty of shopping, bars, and restaurants nearby. I was quite comfortable to walk around alone at night. The streets are wide and clean with beautiful landscaping. This area is one of the best in the entire country.

Rooms- The rooms are functional but not luxurious. However, one has all the basics to live comfortably. There is AC and cable TV in the bedrooms. The WiFi was reliable and reasonably fast with good coverage throughout the building.

Facility- The building is very secure and has three stories, an elevator, a small but lovely pool, secure access, covered secure parking, and 24 monitoring.

Dining- There is no restaurant, but a free breakfast is included. One may choose from among several option and specify delivery time. Breakfast is served in the room or poolside. The breakfast was always good, always on time, and always correct per the order. The staff even would notice if a guest routinely did not eat any item on the plate and thoughtfully substitute it for something else.

Service- A staff member is on duty 24/7. Access to the building and parking area is controlled by the on-duty staff member. The rooms are cleaned daily, and the cleaning quality is superb. Cleaning even includes bussing the breakfast and washing any pots, pans, and dishes left in the sinks. Filtered water is delivered daily. If you have any concerns or maintenance issues, it will be quickly resolved. The front desk can help arrange taxis, tours, or any special requests you may have. For example, I enquired about travel options to La Ceiba. They provided me with a chart listing various air and land options with schedules, prices, contacts, and suggestions. Now that is truly exceptional service above and beyond any reasonable expectation!

Staff- The staff is the best part of this hotel. You will always be greeted and given a warm smile. Every single staff member was so friendly and kind: front desk, maintenance, and housekeeping. I felt almost like a member of the family. Often I just spent several minutes just chatting with staff. PJ, the manager, is especially amiable. He is sincerely concerned about the comfort of his guests, and it shows in how well everything operates. PJ is also fluent in English.

Enjoy your stay here. I definitely did. If I have another project in El Salvador, I would not even consider staying elsewhere. Best of all, the price is very low!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side have better view. Third floor better view than second.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DiveXplorer
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I want say that I'm very picky. i usually stay at the Marriot wherever I go.
A friend recommended this small hotel and I don't regret, stayed with my family during my trip to El Salvador.
I don't have any complains. Friendly staff, clean rooms with small living room, breakfast and free parking. Home away from home.
I strongly recommended.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Patty Q
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I just came back from El Salvador and stayed at Maria Jose. Excellent location in the Zona Rosa area. The staff is great and the rooms are very good. They all come equipped with a full kitchen. You can buy stuff at the local supermarket and cook if you like. Honestly though, food is so cheap in El Salvador that you are better off going out. Enjoy pupusas or some seafood around the corner at La Ola.

Room Tip: It would be nice if they had a fitness center but for the price and location, you really can't g...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marlon A
Reviewed 13 February 2013

We stayed a week at this apartment hotel. The best location for the money in San Salvador. This is located in Zona Rosa with many, many restaurants within walking distance, deluxe as well as fast food. A very secure area of San Salvador. A supermarket is located within 10 minutes' walk so you can do your own cooking if you want as there is a full kitchen.
PJ, Esperanza and Carlos were all super helpful. Esperanza found a great tour operator for us and arranged all the sightseeing tours for us with El Salvador Travel Plan, formerly know as Murray Travel Plan. They are also highly recommended and their prices were half of other tour operators.

PJ speaks and writes excellent English and answer your emails immediately.

They have the cutest little pool and we had our breakfast there every morning. You can choose between six different a la carte menus.

Wi Fi is good everywhere on the property.

The National Museum of Anthropology is within walking distance and well worth a visit. The elegant Bistro restaurant annexed to the museum offers excellent value lunch specials.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple