“Great option for Civil war history in El Salvador” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cinquera Rain Forest Park
Suchitoto, El Salvador
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great option for Civil war history in El Salvador”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

Over my years here in El Salvador I have visited the park many times. For the last year I now go to bird watch as the forrest makes an ideal spot for birding in the central part of the country.
Yesterday I took some friends visiting from California and they did the tour with Rafael the head park guide and ranger. The Tour with local guides changes this park(natural Reserve) form a nice hike to a truley unique Civil war history tour, with emphsis on the recent war in El Salvador but also full of information about the associacion that started the forrest and now operates a small hostel, restaurant, war museum, iguana farm and fruit drying project providing income for many people. If coming top El Salvador, you will most likeley visit Suchitoto which is just 18 kms from Cinquera, take the time and enjoy this hiostoric little town.

Visited November 2012
8 Thank Robert B

Atlanta, Georgia
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Hire a local guide who knows the history”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

I had a great afternoon here, as I hired a local guide who really knew the history of Cinquera. We only hiked around for maybe an hour and a half, but there are some great views, and it is an easy bus ride from Suchitoto. Had I not had a guide who knew the history of Cinquera/significance during El Salvador's civil war, I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much.

Visited October 2011