“Superb Service”

Barcelo San Salvador
Ranked #2 of 55 Hotels in San Salvador
Reviewed 24 February 2014

As a frequent traveler, it is easy to notice the subtle and not-so-subtle quality differences between hotels. This hotel truly is noteworthy for the extremely professional and courteous staff - from front desk and concierge, to wait staff and conference support. The hotel was comfortable and functional, with the right amenities. Nothing extraordinary. The staff, however, helped give the business stay a "resort" feel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is the place to stay in San Salvador. I came here from the United States with my wife, who was born in San Salvador, to tour El Salvador and take day trips to Guatemala and Honduras. This hotel was Outstanding in all respects and a dramatic contrast to our absolutely dreadful experience with the Royal Decameron in Salsinitas ( Avoid that hotel!) . The helpful friendly staff accomodated all requests. The room was clean and quiet, the lobby is modern and upscale, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Have visited this hotel a couple of times and have never been disappointed. Yes the hotel rooms are a bit dated and the elevators have been an issue but they are working on resolving that problem.
The staff are extremely helpful and accommodating and very polite.
The hotel also provides complimentary shuttle service to shopping centers nearby on a set timetable.
Would definitely return.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hilton Princess S, Manager at Barcelo San Salvador, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Odalys
Greetings from Hilton Princess San Salvador,

Thank you very much for choosing our Hotel for your recent stay in San Salvador and for taking your valuable time to share your comments with us and other travelers. We are really glad to hear that our service satisfy your needs and exceeded your expectations. We are innovating for serve you better.
We appreciate your preference and we look forward to welcoming you back in a near future.

Best regards,

The Management

Reviewed 13 February 2014

We stayed here for one night as a relative held her wedding reception here. We selected an executive room - no shower cap for my wife, the room "keys" did not work neither in the elevator nor in the room, the executive breakfast was awful and very sparse and service ceased at 10 am - I could go on! Breakfast for non executive guests continued until much later and was much better than the executive offering.

Room Tip: Don't pay the extra for an executive room - it really isn't worth it!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I stayed here on two occasions a week apart. This is a very comfortable hotel, with a nice bar/coffee lobby, lots of meeting rooms, outside pool, top floor spa, sauna, jacuzzi, and exercise room. Though the room may not be classified as the most luxurious or elegant, it was certainly spacious and adequate. The breakfast buffet was extensive and quite good, with lots of choices. I ate one dinner in the dining room and was pleased that they had a special 3-course meal with a glass of Argentine wine going for $25. A second glass of wine cost $11.95, however! Service was excellent. And the $40 massage for 50 minutes was wonderful, followed by the Jacuzzi.

My only complaint--and it was a big one--was that the card keys did not work, almost never. During my first two nights, I had to constantly ask someone to come help me with a special key. One time I counted 50 tries before I gave up. One of the engineers came up and told me they reprogrammed the lock key system on my door, but it didn't help. Since the key had to be used in the one elevator that was working, this was unacceptable, and I told the staff so. When I came back, they had gotten new keys, and mine worked! They had also changed one of the elevators so a key was not needed. Had it not been for this highly frustrating problem, I would have been totally happy. But no Hilton should allow its key system to get into this kind of state and put its guests through such inconvenience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cfuller603
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Just finished a five day stay at the Hilton. Although the room quality suffers a bit from some wear and age, the outstanding service makes a stay well worth it. The front desk, catering, restaurant, bar and service personnel are friendly and competent. I saw some reviews that called the service overwhelming, but I totally disagree. The strive to provide a higher level of service and want their patrons to be satisfied, something that is lacking in major chains in the USA. There is a problem with the elevators, one was out of service while I was thee, but the staff made every effort to assist by redirecting me to the service elevators and on two occasions, offering to remove a maid cart and a linen rack so I could ride in the service elevator. All of this was performed with a smile and a pleasant countenance.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PhillyCityDweller
Hilton Princess S, Manager at Barcelo San Salvador, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing Hilton Princess for your recent stay at San Salvador and for taking your valuable time to share your comments with us and other travelers. We are really glad to hear that our staff was able to satisfy your needs. We are very sorry to hear about your experience with the elevators, improvement measures will be taken in order to avoid such problem in the future. Please come back upon your next trip to San Salvador, we will be more than happy to welcome you back.

Best regards,

The Management

Reviewed 9 January 2014

All services of the hotel are very good, have a delicious buffet breakfast, always clean and comfortable rooms, the gym very good standard and well maintained. The location is recommended because it has many places of convenience nearby. It's really relaxing.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business