“Exceptional Service”

Ranked #2 of 54 Hotels in San Salvador
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
“Exceptional Service”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I have worked as a Food & Beverage Director in the States for over 20 years, and the service that I received at the Hilton San Salvador was by far better than I have seen anywhere in the States. Thank you for an enjoyably stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hilton Princess S, Manager at Barcelo San Salvador, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Greetings from Hilton Princess San Salvador,
Thank you very much for choosing our Hotel for your recent stay in San Salvador and for taking your valuable time to share your comments with us and other travelers. We are really glad to hear that our staff was able to satisfy your needs and exceeded your expectations.
We appreciate your preference and we look forward to welcoming you back in a near future.
Best regards,
The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Norwell,MA
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Whenever I am in San Salvador I stay at the Princess. The hotel is centrally located and provides a welcome oasis. The rooms are spacious. The Dining room is very nice. They have a large breakfast buffet which helps me get my day off on the right foot.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hilton Princess S, Manager at Barcelo San Salvador, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you very much for choosing our Hotel for your recent stay in San Salvador and for taking your valuable time to share your comments with us and other travelers and recommending our service. We are really glad to hear that we exceed your expections with our service.

Best regards

The Managment
Colorado Springs, United States
Reviewed 24 February 2014

As a frequent traveler, it is easy to notice the subtle and not-so-subtle quality differences between hotels. This hotel truly is noteworthy for the extremely professional and courteous staff - from front desk and concierge, to wait staff and conference support. The hotel was comfortable and functional, with the right amenities. Nothing extraordinary. The staff, however, helped give the business stay a "resort" feel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Garden City, United States
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is the place to stay in San Salvador. I came here from the United States with my wife, who was born in San Salvador, to tour El Salvador and take day trips to Guatemala and Honduras. This hotel was Outstanding in all respects and a dramatic contrast to our absolutely dreadful experience with the Royal Decameron in Salsinitas ( Avoid that hotel!) . The helpful friendly staff accomodated all requests. The room was clean and quiet, the lobby is modern and upscale, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Have visited this hotel a couple of times and have never been disappointed. Yes the hotel rooms are a bit dated and the elevators have been an issue but they are working on resolving that problem.
The staff are extremely helpful and accommodating and very polite.
The hotel also provides complimentary shuttle service to shopping centers nearby on a set timetable.
Would definitely return.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hilton Princess S, Manager at Barcelo San Salvador, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Odalys
Greetings from Hilton Princess San Salvador,

Thank you very much for choosing our Hotel for your recent stay in San Salvador and for taking your valuable time to share your comments with us and other travelers. We are really glad to hear that our service satisfy your needs and exceeded your expectations. We are innovating for serve you better.

Best regards,

The Management
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We stayed here for one night as a relative held her wedding reception here. We selected an executive room - no shower cap for my wife, the room "keys" did not work neither in the elevator nor in the room, the executive breakfast was awful and very sparse and service ceased at 10 am - I could go on! Breakfast for non executive guests continued until much later and was much better than the executive offering.

Room Tip: Don't pay the extra for an executive room - it really isn't worth it!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I stayed here on two occasions a week apart. This is a very comfortable hotel, with a nice bar/coffee lobby, lots of meeting rooms, outside pool, top floor spa, sauna, jacuzzi, and exercise room. Though the room may not be classified as the most luxurious or elegant, it was certainly spacious and adequate. The breakfast buffet was extensive and quite good, with lots of choices. I ate one dinner in the dining room and was pleased that they had a special 3-course meal with a glass of Argentine wine going for $25. A second glass of wine cost $11.95, however! Service was excellent. And the $40 massage for 50 minutes was wonderful, followed by the Jacuzzi.

My only complaint--and it was a big one--was that the card keys did not work, almost never. During my first two nights, I had to constantly ask someone to come help me with a special key. One time I counted 50 tries before I gave up. One of the engineers came up and told me they reprogrammed the lock key system on my door, but it didn't help. Since the key had to be used in the one elevator that was working, this was unacceptable, and I told the staff so. When I came back, they had gotten new keys, and mine worked! They had also changed one of the elevators so a key was not needed. Had it not been for this highly frustrating problem, I would have been totally happy. But no Hilton should allow its key system to get into this kind of state and put its guests through such inconvenience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business