“Nice and quiet hotel!”

Novo Hotel & Suite
Ranked #41 of 55 Hotels in San Salvador
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 September 2011

We really had a nice stay in this hotel. They made it easy for my mom who had problems with stairs and put ramps for her so it will be accessible. They very courteous and treated us with respect and were always very attentive to help me with my mom. The service at the restaurant was excellent and when I requested something for my mom they ready to do it. We were very plesased with our stay and will stay there if we go back.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms close to the stairs, it is too noisy especially on the weeekends.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 May 2011

I recently booked this hotel with my mission group of over 32 people and we all had an amazing stay. They grounds were very well kept and the entire experience was excellent. We are staying with them again in June and expect nothing to be different! What a great place to stay....

Room Tip: the double suites are the best!
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank DrDarrow
Reviewed 29 May 2010

The Novo Apart hotel is appropriately named. It´s apart from the main part of the city while still being a part of the city. The rooms at Novo Apart are also set up to be like apartments.

The beds at Hotel Novo Apart were comfortable and the shower was warm. Not hot, but it was definitely a warm shower for the entire duration of my 8 minute shower, something I´ve discovered to be a bit of a novelty in Central America.

My favorite part of Novo Apart Hotel was the breakfast (Desayuno: dess – eye – you – no in Spanish). They had cook-to-order omlettes (a treat we haven´t had since hotel Aranjuez in Costa Rica), fried yucca with spicy salsa, watermelon, bread, fresh squeezed orange juice, and plantain sweetened and with cinnamon.

People do a lot with plantain in central America. It´s fun to discover all kinds of new options for things we can do with food when we get to a place where we`ll be cooking again.

We could have cooked at our kitchen at Novo Apart… there were dishes and a pan and a stove, but we were only in San Salvador for 1 day and 2 nights so we wanted to maximize our time in seeing the city.

We also had dinner at the hotel. Novo Apart´s restaurant has many options on their dinner menu, and Carrie and I both found options we liked, which included a side salad… something we’ve been missing during our travels in central America.

We didn’t use the pool, but from our experience, Novo Apart´s pool is very clean and a nice place to sit while relaxing or catching some El Salvadorean sun.

Most El Salvador hotels we found were $110 or more per night. At $65-$80 per night, Hotel Novo Apart is one of the least expensive nicer hotels we found in San Salvador, and it comes recommended if you´re looking for a less expensive option where you will still feel comfortable and catered to.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank carrieandjonathan
Reviewed 17 September 2009

I was at these hotel for over a week , my stay was the most pleasant of all others since I found these place they treat me as one of the family and if they did´nt know something they try there best to acomodate my needs.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2009

When I visit El Salvador for business and I have to stay in the capital, I usually stay in the Novo Apart Hotel. I enjoy the arrangement of the suites (with kitchennette), which allow for business meetings in-room when needed. Also, the restaurant is nice (the breakfast buffet is excellent!), and the poolside amenities are great. The Novo is centrally located, and taxi stands are nearby, so getting around town to-from the Novo is easy. And the pricing at the Novo is great. When they are booking rooms at about $50 per night (usually a couple months each year) this is the best hotel value in San Salvador. And even when priced a little higher, it is still a bargain.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank dennis317
Reviewed 2 February 2009

I stayed at Novo-Apart Hotel for about a week, I was supposed to stay longer but unfortunately it didn't turn out that way. The hotel is located near a couple of nightclubs, and the German techno music starts at around 11pm and continues well into the morning hours most nights.

I'm not a light sleeper so it takes a lot to wake me up. I spoke to hotel staff about this and at first they were not that helpful, saying that if it happens again and I'm woken up I need to ring them and then they will then contact the police who will then go to the club ask them to turn the music down. After this happened about 4 nights in a row, I was desperate for a full nights sleep and it just wasn't possible at this hotel. I checked out and went to another hotel.

Also the hotel is not the best location. I was a sinlge female there for work and to be honest I felt very uncomfortable working around the hotel. There is a shopping mall about 15 min walk from the hotel and even the hotel reception advised me to talk a taxi. Not ideal. I would recommend this hotel if you are there 1-2 days but no loger. Its a shame as staff are nice, if not a little inefficient.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Traveller28Uk
Reviewed 19 March 2008

Travelling in Central America for almost 7 weeks "without a plan" we (a retired U. S. couple in our 50's and a retired Canadian couple) did not plan to go to El Salvador. However, we ended up in San Salvador and decided on the Novo Apart-Hotel after reading Trip Advisor reviews. The hotel is in a peaceful garden setting in a big city. The rooms were pleasant. Safety deposit boxes are available at no charge. There is 24-hour security, a pool, and a good restaurant. Everything is well organized with Dona Carmen (owner) on site weekdays. Some of the front desk staff speak English, but everyone is anxious and willing to help with any questions and other travel arrangements. We stayed here 3 nights and returned for one night on our way back to Honduras. We found this hotel to be a good value and highly recommend it for both pleasure and business travel.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank MikLinGA