“Not good value for money”
Review of Novo Hotel & Suite

Novo Hotel & Suite
Ranked #25 of 54 Hotels in San Salvador
GreenLeadersSilver level
South Africa
“Not good value for money”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Didnt enjoy my stay here.

Rooms were quite poor for the price paid and the noise from outside was loud.

The food was shockingly bad - no choices and taste bad too. Fixed buffet breakfast. I kept telling them I could not eat it cos I am strict veggie but they never tried to help or make me anytihing - wouldn't even get some soy milk.

not what I expect for a supposedly 4 star place.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Zambezikid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Modesto, California
Reviewed 28 May 2013

There were 6 of us with 3 rooms spent 5 nites. We found this hotel to be in a safe area , good staff and great breakfast. Spacoius rooms with airconditioning. Walking distance to some good restaurants and even the restaurant at hotel is great with very reasonable prices. One nite the restaurant staff cooked fresh lobsters that we purchased at seafood market from Pacific Ocean at very reasnoalble price. a great dinner was had by all 6 of us.

Room Tip: if you want pool close by book 1st floor which is what I did. If you need peace and quietness book 2...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 956jagar956
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed 12 January 2013

The staff was very helpful and made me feel at home. It is a small hotel but the service is good. I like that inside there is a little kitchen area where you can cook and a refrigerator. Breakfast is excellent; everything home made! It consists of eggs, beans, cheeses, omelets etc.. It's not just like beagles. It is very affordable and located in a safe area which is very important! When I go to San Salvador, that's where I always stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank VeronicaSorto
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I loved it! I stayed there 9 nights and i was really pleased. The staff there were really friendly. it is a very clean place and the food is delicious. I recommend this place 100%
it is unexpensive. I will stay there the next time i go to El Salvador.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 23 November 2012 via mobile

A very pleasant hotel. I was impressed with the room and the balcony.

There is a fridge and stove in the room but they're not on or functioning.

For some reason I can't my iphone to make calls on the "moviestar" cell provider but when I can get "claro" I can.

The ranching breakfast buffet is an omelet, cereal bread juice deal. Very nice.

Haven't been in the pool but it looks clean and pretty.

Parking is great. A hidden parking lot

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank KarlMessner
Healdsburg, California
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Basically a slightly buffed version of your basic third world hotel. Hard bed, lumpy pillows and noisy. But AC cranked and they have wifi. The staff are very friendly and helpful. It's a good value. They offer a breakfast which unfortunately we weren't able to take full advantage of due to our bus departure time. They did open it up for us and it has everything you would want out of a hotel breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for soft pillows.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Four nights in a suite with a small kitchen was $365.00. The hotel managed airport pick-up for $30. Probably could have gotten it cheaper, but I was entering a new country and did not want to risk of anything going afoul.

Room had up and running Wi-Fi, big flat screen TV, and was quite comfortable. Room also came with free breakfast buffet, which stopped at 10:00. I'm usually not a breakfast guy, but it was a local fare and was very tasty. Hotel had a pool and bar. Bar was open until 11:00, but closed on Sunday. Hotel staff was outstanding!

Taxis or drivers were always available in front of the hotel. Hector, Josue, and Oscar were all stand-up guys, and one or two of them were always around when I needed a ride. If I wanted to use them long term, such as to drive me around to check out different places, which I did on a few occasions, the price was usually $10 per hour. Which was good, considering gas prices started at $4.34 per gallon.

The hotel staff was great!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo