“Great Breakfast”

Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador
Ranked #3 of 55 Hotels in San Salvador
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed in the older of their two buildings. It was fine and much less expensive than the newer building. The breakfast bar was very nice with a combination of traditional American breakfast food and Salvadoran food.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Guest Experienc... C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Bill S

Thank you for reviewing us!
We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed our rooms, atmosphere and service. It was wonderful to have you as our guest. Thank you for preferring us; we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Pleasant large patio with a large volcano in the backdrop made this a relaxing location for a conference. Excellent buffet breakfast and dinners. Fast internet. The rooms are not spiffy and new, but perfectly comfortable and functional. The only downsides, which were totally bearable, was that the shower temperature oscillated between extremes and the bed was just about as hard as a rock.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Guest Experienc... C, Guest Experience Champion at Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Sophie T:

Thank you for reviewing us! We appreciate your comments and are glad to learn you enjoyed our patio area, the volcano view our breakfast, dinner and service.
In order to provide you a better service we are in the process of remodeling our room facilities We hope to see you soon on your next trip to San Salvador.

Astrid Arce de Saz

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The staff in this hotel are very friendly. Everyone speaks to you and lots of smiles. Unfortunately, there are a multitude of birds around the hotel. Park under a tree and then get your car washed! And they are noisy at night. The room was generally clean, but the bathroom fixtures are not in good repair. Turn on the shower and you find the spray going all over the place! You can get your hair washed, even if you don't want it washed. Overall, a good location, beautiful view and good food.

Room Tip: Don't take the rooms next to the elevators. You can hear them.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ken D

Dear Mr. Ken D:

Thank you for sharing your review. We love to learn about your experience with us and appreciate your comments. We are in the process remodeling our room facilities in order to provide you a better service.
It has been a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you in your next trip to El Salvador.

Best Regards,

Astrid Arce de Saz.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Since I had work meetings close by, the Crowne Plaza met all my traveler needs.
Good rooms, breakfast was good and internet was also included. Basically all that you'd expect from a business executive hotel. I have no complaints.

Room Tip: For a better view ask for a room to a view of the mountain.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Guest Experienc... C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Mr. Christian R

Thank you for reviewing us. Your comments have been shared with our team; we are all thrilled to learn you enjoyed your stay since we strive for guest satisfaction. Thank you for preferring us. We hope to see you soon on your next visit to San Salvador!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I like the pretty grounds and terrific buffet breakfasts of this hotel. But the Internet access stinks--it was dial-up speed in my room, although it was much faster when I brought my laptop to the lobby. I reported this 3x to the hotel front desk, but was told that a technician was there only during a limited set of hours and would fix the issue the next morning, but nothing was done, until the last night of my stay when they offered to change my room (too late). Other than that, service was warm and friendly, but rooms are a bit dated (water pressure in bathroom very low).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank kroo
Guest Experienc... C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear

Thank you for your review. Our staff is very happy to learn you enjoyed your stay; we are committed to delivering memorable experiences to our guests.
Your comments regarding the internet service will be shared with the related departments in an effort to provide you with a better service. We hope you will prefer Crowne Plaza San Salvador on your next trip to El Salvador.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed at the Plaza Hotel and Suites three nights during my recent visit to El Salvador. I was extremely pleased with the service, friendly staff, delicious breakfast buffet (very good deal), location of the hotel, safety, and it's reasonable rates. I have visited El Salvador numerous times during the past eight years and this hotel has been the best by far (rates (under $80 per night), quality of service, ambiance, etc), I must say that I have stayed in almost every hotel in San Salvador.

Originally, I avoided staying at the big Americana hotels (Marriott, Sheraton, etc). I preferred the small family owned hotels. However, I read good reviews about the Crown Plaza/Plaza Hotel and Suites (same location) and I decided to book at Plaza Hotel and Suites. As soon as I checked in, I realized that I picked a good hotel. I was greeted by a friendly, professional check in staff. Throughout my staying, I have a couple of interactions with them and they were always friendly and polite. They included; Steve, Rocio, Yesenia, Luis (I can't remember the other names), Ah ! Mr. Montes in the concierge area. It feels that the staff 's mission is to make sure you are happy and you are enjoying your stay. They are well trained. On the negative side, the hotel needs some upgrading, the carpet needs to be replaced, the furniture needs to be replaced

I will definitely stay at Plaza Hotel and Suites again.

Room Tip: I had a nice room with a view to the volcano. .
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Love2travel2oo4
Guest Experienc... C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Mr.de Here2 (No City2)

Thank you for reviewing us. Your comments have been shared with our team; we are all thrilled to learn you enjoyed your stay since we strive for guest satisfaction. We Thank you for your comments regarding the upgrading furniture and Carpet, your opinion it is very important to us. Once againg, Thank you for preferring us. We hope to see you soon on your next visit to San Salvador!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I was travelling on business and had no real expectations of what to find on arrival having read some of the less than flattering reports before I arrived.
I was pleasantly surprised to find what is an older hotel but not at all unpleasant for all that. They were in the process of a rolling refurbishment, which was slightly annoying from the room next door when trying to work but I was sent a bowl of fruit and an apologetic letter by means of apology.
The room I had was clean and functional with a comfortable bed. The air conditioning is an older style with a slightly noisy fan but at night I slept fine without it anyway.
I was impressed with the docking stations for all things Apple, especially the one connected to the television which allowed me to watch UK TV from my iPad on the television. This docking station also had all manner of other connections too for cameras etc.
I ate in the hotel most evenings for sheer convenience and the buffet was plentiful and generally varied for the princely sum of US$16, which I thought was pretty good value.
The most impressive thing about this hotel though was the staff. The management have clearly got a good grip on the staff training and customer service ethos. Consequently the staff exuded a quite confidence of getting things done whilst being attentive to the client. I have often found that in some very pricey hotels this service level comes with a derisory sneer but I felt nothing but warmth and a genuine desire to ensure I had a good stay.
The location is also worthy of note as if you fancy eating in a US chain restaurant there are a number attached to the hotel by a covered walkway at the WTC where there is also an ATM in a secure location.
I was staying on the 6th floor on one of the even numbered rooms and the view of the volcano is impressive.

Room Tip: Ask for a 6th floor, the highest and an even number to get the best views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TripMember020920162
Guest Experienc... C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Mr. Global_Pikey

Thank you for sharing your review. We love to learn about your experience with us and appreciate your comments, it is very Important to us. We also want to inform you that we are in the process of remodeling our air conditioning system and also our furniture, It has been a pleasure to have you as our guest. We are glad that we Create Memorial Experience to you. We hope to see you soon on your next trip to El Salvador!

Sincerely