“Good location; very helpful staff”

Villa Serena San Benito
Villa Serena San Benito
Ranked #31 of 54 Hotels in San Salvador
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good location; very helpful staff”
Reviewed 5 October 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nites during a short trip to San Salvador and it met my needs well. As I speak very little Spanish and the staff here speaks little English, it was not easy to communicate. Nevertheless, whenever I had a question or request, the front desk staff was very patient and helpful and I eventually I got my answers. This hotel is about a 15 minute walk to the main strip of all the bars and restaurants in La Zona Rosa (Please note however that the walk back is up a steep hill).and is only a 5 minute walk to the Sherton Presidente Hotel and the Marte Art Museum (without the hill). There are other (local) hotels in the area that are a few $ cheaper, but I was very satisfied with my stay. I will say that if you come in late at night (say after 1 am) the hotel is dark and it definitely does not cater to a late nite crowd.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank PhillyTransfer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 9 May 2010

I've been staying at this hotel for 4 consecutive years at least twice a year for business. I'm a solo female business traveler and all I can say that it has everything I need (clean rooms, wireless internet, etc...). The area feels very safe and they go above and beyond with service (I needed to have some blouses and pants ironed when I arrived late at night and they managed to get me a lady to do this for me last minute). They are friendly, well mannered and keep the place very clean. The free breakfast is also a plus! And for the price??? this is great... I don't know what else people expect for such affordable price.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank surge527
italy
Reviewed 3 February 2010

Have spent three nights at Villa Serena and as I found something else I runned away. I was adviced about Villa Serena from a friend who lived in San salvador. I contacted the hotel long in advance via email and I reserved a room for one week. Everything looked to be ok but when we stepped in we got to know they didn't have any reservation under my name. It was already 7.30 pm after an international flight and we were exhausted and we asked to sort it out. After some time they gave us a room with kitchenette (as we asked for) at first floor. The room was ok but had no balcony and only a window on the internal courtyard, no natural light coming in at anytime. Apparently there was no any common balcony in all the hotel and even to smoke a sigarette you had to step down and light it on on the street....Another thing is there is no restaurant service, only breakfast. The location is good but to be honest is plenty of other better hotels around the area.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank anitg
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 21 January 2010

Clean and big rooms. Great location. Tasty included breakfast. Great deal for the price.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple