I just read a few reviews for this hotel and most seem quite good. The question is if they are talking about the same property in Managua which turned out to be my worst possible stay anywhere that I have visited before. Here´s why and the staff cannot refute any of my complaints:
1. For two days there was no running water, period. I was told it was a temporary thing but 48 hours is a long time in anyones watch.
2. The waste basket in the bathroom had not been cleaned upon my arrival.
3. We asked for a cab and the condition of the car was so bad, it would take me a lot of time to detail.
4. I do not know why they say that breakfast is included because the amount of food is ideal for a two year old kid, maybe.
5. The receptionist did not know how to use a credit card.
6. At one point I had to beg for a bucket of water so that I could flush the toilette. I got the bucket alright but without water so I ended up collecting water from the swimming pool myself.
I feel like the owners suddenly decided to abandon their business and left it to the cleaning staff who I believe are not to blame. Please do yurselves a favor and avoid this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel El Gran Marquez is conveniently located in a quiet and secure area of Managua. Built in 2007, El Gran Marquez offers the best of Nicaragua's hospitality, from a daily complementary breakfast to 24-hour security. Our hotel is within walking distance of the La Zona Hipos, a well-known area for quality food, bars, and live music and the Financial District. We go the extra mile to offer you a variety of amenities such as a wireless internet, cable television, air conditioned room, and hot water. This retreat also offers a pool and relaxing quiet areas ... more less
- Also Known As:
- El Gran Marquez Managua
- El Gran Marquez Hotel