“First Manauga, NI vist” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Art Hotel Managua

Art Hotel Managua
Ranked #25 of 51 Hotels in Managua
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

First time in Nicaragua, found hotel on Trip Advisor and it looked appealing. The staff, Alfredo, Mario, Paul and everyone there were awesome and so friendly. Nice introduction to Mangua and a great deal

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

It is a very cozy and nice small hotel. The employees are very super nice, especially Alfredo. He is very helpful and friendly. Speaks little English. The breakfast is awesome, very courteous chef. Amelia is a REAL PAIN IN THE AS, but its OK. The owner very RUDE. Don't know any manners and his wife is also rude. You don't get to see them very often, but when you do, they ignore you, so just do the same.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Angie2780
Art_Hotel_Managua, Guest Relations Manager at Art Hotel Managua, responded to this review, 15 February 2013
While we are glad you found our hotel to be cozy, we are certainly concerned that you found our administrative staff to be unfriendly and had difficulty interacting with one of our employees. It´s hard to specifically respond since it´s unclear what transpired that resulted in your conclusion. If we had more information, we would certainly try to investigate and correct the situation.

Most interactions guests have at our hotel will be at the staff level. Most of the employees are able to assist with the majority of issues or can find someone to solve problems without the need to escalate to higher level administrators. When misunderstandings escalate, management staff can be called 24 hours a day to resolve the issues. They ordinarily arrive within a few minutes of being called as guest issues are the top priority for our businesses. In addition to going to the hotel to resolve specific issues, Administrative staff conduct several inspections of the hotel each day, reviewing the books, and verifying cleanliness. They normally don´t interrupt guests who may be relaxing or conducting business at the hotel.

To be clear though, our hotel does not have any single owner. We´re owned by an investment group. Managerial tasks are handled by administrators who help operate several of our businesses in Nicaragua.

We hope that you´ll consider returning to our hotel in the future and that if you have an issue that needs to be resolved, you´ll ask to speak to a manager so we can make it right.
Coral Springs, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

I was looking for a place to stay for the afternoon and evening only as I had to be at the airport at 11:00 pm for my flight home. I only needed a place to rest, shower, and basically just relax before my flight home. When I checked in at 4 pm I was very sorry that my stay would be so short. This little hotel seemed like the place to be in the neighborhood. The young man who checked me in was extremely friendly and helpful and made me feel very welcome. The front desk was in kind of a lobby/bar/tv room/ lounge and had quite a lot of liquor for sale. Past the lobby was another room that was beautifully decorated with art for sale. My room was the first room past the lobby and was also decorated with art for sale. The room was average without any 'extras' and was definitely what I would call 'budget'. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was clean yet basic and small. I usually prefer to stay in hotels just a bit more upscale, but this room was just fine for what I needed. If you are used to staying in budget hotels, you will be fine here. The a/c was excellent. I did not swim in the pool, but it looked very nice and the deck area above it was pretty cool looking! The wifi worked well in my room and in the front lobby area.

As previously stated, I only stayed here from about 4 pm - 11 pm. Since my room was the first one next to the lobby, it was very loud as the staff had the tv blaring in the front room all night. Also, there was a young man playing videos on the computer. Additionally, due to the small courtyard in the middle, people were constantly walking in front of my room talking very loudly. So, if you like it quiet, try to get a room towards the back and just be aware that this is a very busy little place. If you don't mind the noise, or even prefer it, then you will love it here.

I was pleased to find out that one of the staff members, Mario, could drive me to the airport at 11 pm. Mario was very nice and spoke English very well.

In summary, if you are ok with budget hotels, and don't mind the hustle and bustle, this will be a super hotel at which to stay. I really enjoyed my time here, and would love to go back someday. Everyone said that the neighborhood was very safe, but I wouldn't walk around at night. Don't let that scare you though, it was a cool place! There was a dude named Sammy that hung around here all day. He was quite the character and was extremely helpful to me. The hotel is lucky to have him hanging around! The warmth of the staff was wonderful.

Room Tip: If you like it quiet, ask for the back of the hotel, not in the front near the lobby.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Brandee S
Art_Hotel_Managua, Manager at Art Hotel Managua, responded to this review, 20 January 2013
Thanks for the review and the positive comments. We're sorry that it was a bit noisy for you. We're made some policy modifications in response. First, we disabled the sound on the lobby computers. Their purpose is for our guests to contact home, etc. For guests who want to use Skype, we offer a microphone/headset, so this should not interfere with anything. Second, we've retrained staff at night about the sound levels of the televisions. Management normally monitors this, but our administrator was on holiday while you were at the hotel. Third, we removed the inner lobby television as we found that our guests only seem to be watching the outer lobby television. Finally, we instructed our staff to monitor noise levels more closely and reminded them that while night is day for the late staff, it's night for the guests.

As far as food, small items such as french fries, grilled cheese (or ham and cheese), hot dogs, mini pizzas, peanut butter and jelly, spaghetti (red sauce or white sauce), chicken platter, fish nuggets, macaroni and cheese, oriental noodle soup, pancakes, and other quick snacks are available 24 hours a day. We've reminded staff to make sure guests are aware of that. We've also re-posted the snack menu at the front desk. While we sometimes have local foods available during the day and at night, the items vary. We can't keep a menu of local items as we found a limited demand for them and end up throwing alot away. We found that even the neighbors that stop in for a snack on our outside tables tend to be interested in hot dogs and oriental soup rather than typical fare.

Aside from the noise issue, we're glad your stay was comfortable and we hope you have the opportunity to return to Nicaragua and explore Managua.
Santa Clara, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

My family stayed in this very nice small hotel in Managua this past Christmas. I must say that pretty much of what was said in past positive reviews is true.
The people working at this place are very nice and are eager to please you and meet your needs and wants.
Breakfast is very big and delicious, and it is included in the price per room ( four people) in my case. AC worked fine, there is a nice clean swimming pool to cool off, nice little courtyard, arts and crafts available to buy if you feel inclined to do so. Free internet, two tvs with cable in the lobby, and the list goes on an on. All this for very reasonable prices considering Managua hotels are pricy.
Since we got to the hotel Marlon and Alfredo made us feel very welcomed and relaxed. My wife and my children really liked this place. Next time we are in Nicaragua, Managua to be more specific, we'll stay at Art/ Beneficial Hotel.
Now for suggestions, maybe the the hotel can work something out with entrepeneur local families that can provide (sell) lower budget Nicaraguan food for dinner for those of us who dont want to venture with small children at night every evening or have an extra staff member working so that Marlon can prepare a nice evenning meal for guests.
Overall our expectations were surpassed at Art Hotel and we hope it will be around for a long time.We'll be back.

Room Tip: Rooms by the courtyard seem more private.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We´re glad that you enjoyed your visit to Art Hotel Managua and that you rated us with five stars.

We´re working to expand our menu in the evenings. It´s unlikely we´ll keep a large amount of items on site for the evenings because the demand isn´t there and we end up discarding most of it. We presently offer spaghetti, fish nuggets, hot dogs, grilled ham and cheese, pancakes, french fries, macaroni and cheese, etc. 24 hours a day. We´re in the process of adding nachos, quesadillas, and hamburgers.

Several restaurants will deliver to the hotel including Tip Top and Pollo Estrella fried chicken, PaneVino Italian Restaurant, a Taiwanese restaraunt, Sushi Itto Japanese, and Pizza Hut. We have menus at the front desk to assist guests and our staff will be happy to make the call.

I am sorry if these services weren´t offered to you when you visited us. If you´re ever in Managua again, we hope you´ll stay with us and we´ll make sure you get something to eat in the evening.
The Whole World.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

I have to say that my favorite thing about coming to Managua is my time spent at my "Oasis in Managua", the Art Hotel. I always feel right at home in the best way. This hotel is next to a local park that is the host of a football match every sunday with the local guys from the area.

The game starts at about 4pm and last until no light. These guys play their hearts out and get into the game like it's a world cup match. The same park has a lady who sells grilled chicken and beans and rice with salad and plantains for 60 cords or about $2.50, that taste great.Most of here clients are the university students who visit from the 2 university's in the area.

I can walk to and thru the park at anytime day or night without worrying about being robbed or molested by anyone. The Hotel is within walking distance of great places to eat at all price points.

But, the best part of eating, is when Chef Samuel makes his appearance and cooks everything from his homemade recipe book. All filled with fresh vegetables ,spices ,pastas and meats. Then when you think its over, out come the chocolate chip cookies or carrot cake or anything that pops into his brain.

Monday thru saturday the kitchen manager Marlon make;s a great breakfast, served fast and hot with great taste and service. I love when you have a few travelers who sit and swap stories of travel and life at the "Round Table".

The staff of Marlon,Alfredo,Amelia,Mario and Eliza make every stay a great stay. There is also a great area by the pool that is for guest only, that has 2 cabana areas with seating and tables, that make for a great day or late night conversation place,as long as you are not too loud after 10pm.

The rooms are great and still have the best beds in town of any hotel its size. Cable Tv and high speed internet and wi-fi are also included with free breakfast. There is lots of cheap, safe taxi service going one block up or down the street. I would recommend going down the street for the better deal.

The hotel is 3 blocks from a great Hospital, if one is needed and the bakery down the street and 3 blocks to the left make fresh Donuts and pastry's Monday thur Saturday.

I advise taking a trip to the Zoo on your visit and planning your day trips to Granada and other city's from the hotel by bus fo r$2 Dollars or more depending on what kind of service you want.

All in all, You cant Beat The Art Hotel for your stay. You can find more expensive and cheaper hotels for your stay, but you wont find a safer location to stay, in a real Nica neigbhorhood ,with
the Best Sleep In Managua.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a large group or 5 or more people ,ask for the attic room on the second fl...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sammy R
We're glad to have you back and are pleased that our services continue to meet your needs. For other guests staying in Managua long term, contact us to discuss discounts. We often have promotions running such as receiving 7 nights for the price of 6 or flat monthly rates with beverage promotions for long term stays. We'll be happy to help accommodate long terms guests with access to our refrigerators and use of our microwaves, etc. Let us know what your needs are and we'll make sure you feel at home.
Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

we stayed here in nov 2011 with 7 people ages 7 to 53 and it was a great place to start we stayed here 2 nights when we got in and when we left. we were treated great by all the staff helped us out with everything we needed even orderd pizza hut for us lol. had a great time and will be staying here again in the near future. has a pool and ac wich are both great

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Art_Hotel_Managua, Manager at Art Hotel Managua, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
We are glad you felt welcome at Art Hotel Managua and hope that, if you stay in Managua again, you choose to stay with us again. We strive to provide a friendly and comfortable setting for travelers in Nicaragua.