“Excellent food and friendly service”
Review of Zacatelimon

Zacatelimon
Ranked #1 of 9 Dessert in Managua
Price range: US$2 - US$14
Cuisines: Soups
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Zacatelimón is a contemporary, cozy and chic Café Restaurant which refers to a rest in Paris and New York.
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We have lived in Managua for 4 years and have eaten at Zacata Limon many times. The food is consistently good and the staff is friendly and attentive. One day I paid 500 cordobas (about $20) for 2 cappuchinos and mistakenly left without my change - totally my fault. When I returned about a week later one of the waiters brought me a plastic baggie with my receipt and my change of about $16. I was quite impressed!
Back to the food - they have excellent smoothies, huevos rancheros, waffles, hamburgers and a delicious steak lunch with fries and salad. The chicken salad is also terrific and they have the best carrot cake you'll find anywhere.
My ONLY complaint is that the acoustics are not great so it can be quite noisy.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

i took my mom to zacate limon the other for mother's day (as per her request), and i was not disappointed. the restaurant is kind of hidden in plaza el tiangue, but it does stand out with how good it is. definitely more of a lunch place than a nice, hearty meal kind of restaurant, it surprised me. although small, it's a very bright, very clean feeling restaurant. the service is nothing out of the ordinary but definitely better than most places here in my home country (sad but true). i had the media luna (or luna blanca or negra...don't remember the name of it), with an olive tapenade and i believe prosciutto and provolone. an interesting, yet tasty sandwich, with crispy fries...the perfect combo. well worth the price (upper middle range?). mom loved her chicken/avocado sandwich (picture) and dad had the burger, which he was happy with as well.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

The menu is full of wonderful options. Everything that I've had is good and the coffee is great. Get a slice of pie or crème Brule to top off a great restaurant experience. We'll be sure to stop here again.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Nice place for a nice conversation with friends or work meeting. Love the iced lemonade or any other fruit...great coffe, and the service is excelent!!!, Buen lugar para reunirse con amistades o para tener una reunion de trabajo, internet disponible y buenos espacios para reunirse con un rico cafe o un frozen "algo de frutas", recomendado!!!

Reviewed 5 April 2013

I am only sorry that they are not open for dinner.
I like all of their food choices. Service is good, food preparation is professional, my absolute favored is the California salad with the caramelized pecans, mmmmmm...
I have visited several times now and keep going back.