“Terrible Experience”

Ranked #29 of 327 Restaurants in Managua
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Latin, International, Barbecue, Spanish, Central American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: We have the best "Churrasco" in Nicaragua.Visit any of our locations in Managua: (Hours included)Plaza España – Rotonda El GueguenseWeekdays: 12PM – 3PM / 6PM - 10PMWeekends: 12PM – 10PM Metrocentro MallWeekdays: 12PM – 3PM / 6PM - 10PMWeekends: 12PM – 10PM Carretera Norte:Monday - Saturday: 7AM – 10AM / 12PM - 9PMGalerías Sto Domingo Mall:Monday - Wednesday: 12PM – 3PM / 6PM – 10PMThursday - Friday: 12PM – 3PM / 6PM – 12AMSaturday: 12PM – 12AMSunday: 12PM – 9PM
Miami, Florida
“Terrible Experience”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I just returned from one of my business trips to Nicaragua, and I always stop by el Churrasco for a steak, but this time my experience was terrible. The restaurant is deteriorating in every way. In this occasion, I stopped by Metrocentro and the whole experience was the worse experience I had in any restaurant in Managua. The service was terrible, physical appearance of the restaurant is crumbling, and the food of bad quality. If you could get a glance at the kitchen, you would never eat there again, ..Go to Don Candido is much better ..Never coming back.

• Visited March 2013

• Arabic first
central america
“Overprice,,,,underquality”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

There are more than one El Churrasco Restaurants in Managua.....the steaks are poor at best but cost ,more the some of the other steak houses

Visited January 2013
Managua, Nicaragua
“Just average”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I am sometimes amused about service in restaurants, particularly here in Managua. El Churrasco is a nice looking place but the feel is odd for me. The waiters were dressed well and the service was fine but our waiter and the bartender seemed to be making an effort to show us we were being ignored. They chatted together and looked up at the TV while I wondered if they were going to notice that our drinks were getting empty. We had the lunch special which was fine but not too special and the food came out quickly and correct. The waiter served us and sure enough tried to make his escape without asking about drinks or anything else. (Not the first time. It seems that waiters in such places in Nicaragua are trained to either really try to push stuff on person, or not to bother at all. Obviously they don't have a monopoly on this type of behavior. e.g. Happens in the states.) Anyway, I got him to bring us two more drinks and then he officially disappeared until I flagged down a colleague to get our check. (Might have been his break, I don't know but I noted that some locals were getting a lot of attention in the adjoining room.)
At the end of the long story, I would prefer to go to a place like the Porterhouse or somewhere else where I may be spending more and getting more. I know it can be expensive but if you want a shock, order a burger there. Better than almost all of the steaks I have had in Managua. No joke. And the steaks are great. There is also a place within walking distance of Metrocentro that is also very good. Can't recall the name. It is on the street almost straight out the exit where El Churrasco is located. And the folks at El Churrasco should not be bothered by this suggestion. Their attitude made me feel like they really wished I would spend my money someplace else. And I do.

• Visited December 2012
Berlin
“to loud”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Food was good, but ambiance good be better. There was a big TV on the wall showing a terrible bloody traffic accident, which was very loud. At the same time there was a musicbox also very loud.
So it was impossible to talk to my friends and difficult to avoid watch all that blood showed on TV.
But the food was Ok.

• Visited December 2012
Maryland
“Very good, but not the best steakhouse in Managua”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We ate there for the first time this past weekend. We had purchased a Tuya deal (much like Groupon) so gave it a try. We got the meal at half price--Regular price was 680 cords (Approx $28 usd) This was for 2-3 peoiple, a very good value. We received a large plate of fries, a fairly large piece of Churrasco (steak) along with a few grilled vegetables.

As stated it was enough to feed 2-3 people. The food itself was great! Steak was superb,nothing fancy with the French fries. Grilled Veggies were great, wish there was a bit more of them--I think there were 3 slices of grilled Zucchini and 3 or 4 slices of grilled carrots.

The waiter was nice, but he seemed to be very serious, I would almost say grumpy, but I think he was just a very serious fellow,lol

I would recommend this place, it was very good and its at Galerais mall. Our favorite Steak place in MGA is Don Parrillon.

• Visited January 2013