“Excellent Experience”

Viva Spanish School
More attraction details
Owner description: Viva Spanish School is Nicaragua's leading Spanish language school. Our programs focus on teaching Spanish to non-Spanish speakers. Our students include Embassy employees and their families, NGOs and mission groups, medical teams, university students and tourists. We offer cost effective, one-on-one classes with a flexible curriculum designed to meet the individual goals of our students.
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I really enjoyed my experience at Viva Spanish School. It was a fantastic learning environment, and everyone from the owners (Margaret and Jack) to the teachers were outstanding. The experience was both worthwhile and enjoyable!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank dannys72013
VivaDirectors, Owner at Viva Spanish School, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Hi Danny,
Thanks for your review - we're glad you enjoyed your time at Viva Spanish School. Feel free to stop by for a cup of coffee or to use our WiFi when you're in Managua.

All reviews
in 18 reviews
"culture"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I recently spent 5 weeks at the Viva Spanish School, and wish that I could have spent more. I was looking for a structured Spanish school, but was a bit concerned that I might not like spending so much time in the city. However, it all worked out great.

On the school side, I loved having the overall structure - 2 hour grammar lesson followed by 2 hour conversation class - and having textbooks to progress through. I have been to 4 Spanish schools over the years in Central and South America, and this one easily ranks at the top. Also the school is located in a nice central neighborhood - very easy and safe to walk around.

On the non-school side, the school owners helped me to connect with Hotel Colon for a long-term stay. I got a great rate that included air conditioning, WiFi, and breakfast. It was an easy 10 minute walk to/fro school from the hotel. On the first day of class, my teacher also helped me to get signed up at Total Gym - so that I could exercise daily after class. While Managua is not a dream vacation destination, it was easy to get to various great places on the weekends (including Paradiso Hostel at Laguna Apoyo, and Finca Lindos Ojos at Reserva Miraflor) for nice breaks from the city.

So, all in all, I am very happy with my decision to study at Viva Spanish School. Muchas gracias to the owners, staff, and all of the teachers - especially Marlin and Raquel!! I just wish that I could have stayed longer, but will see you soon via Skype!

2  Thank ElPasoMarie
VivaDirectors, Owner at Viva Spanish School, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Celia,
Thanks for your positive comments about Viva Spanish School. We really enjoyed having you as a student and we hope that you will come back soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Best Spanish School in Nicaragua. Great teachers. Flexible Schedules, and study materials. One on one learning with a teacher. Friendly environment.

1  Thank xtassy
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Recently ventured to Managua and was thrilled to find Viva Spanish School, where I took the 20-hours/week intensive course. They were very accommodating to my schedule, with professional staff who follow a curriculum (which for me, was a must-have). I also very much enjoyed the split between the grammar and conversational classes. The staff is very good about following up and ensuring you're getting what you want out of your time there. Very glad I picked this school.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Teri L
VivaDirectors, Owner at Viva Spanish School, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Hi Teri, Many thanks for your positive review. It was a pleasure having you in the school and we hope that you are enjoying your Skype classes now that you've returned home.

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I spent 3 months at Viva Spanish School. When I started, I knew almost zero Spanish. But thanks to the help of committed teachers, I am now able to live and work here effectively. I was told by one of my professors, "I consider it a sin if one of my students leaves here not understanding something." I think that best explains the commitment level of the instructors at Viva Spanish School.

1  Thank Pbolick

Muchisimas gracias - I'll make sure an pass on your positive feedback to our team of dedicated teachers.