“Great Experience”

Viva Spanish School
More attraction details
Owner description: Viva Spanish School is Nicaragua's leading Spanish language school. Our programs focus on teaching Spanish to non-Spanish speakers. Our students include Embassy employees and their families, NGOs and mission groups, medical teams, university students and tourists. We offer cost effective, one-on-one classes with a flexible curriculum designed to meet the individual goals of our students.
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I spent 5 weeks with Viva, had a great time and learned a lot! Beyond just Spanish classes they offer home stays, cultural experiences, and day trips. The staff is approachable, friendly, and easy to work with. Great experience!

2  Thank nancy s
VivaDirectors, Owner at Viva Spanish School, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Many thanks for your positive review! I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us. Stop by for a visit if (when) you get back to Managua.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I came here with minimal Spanish skills. But after about 4 months of learning at Viva, I am now able to hold a really good conversation with my Hispanic friends, and feel comfortable on my own when talking to the natives. The one-on-one classes really allowed the teacher to focus on the exact areas I needed practice.

3  Thank Amber B

Hi Amber, It's great to hear that you are using your Spanish! Thanks for your nice review - I'll pass your positive comments on to your teachers.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Great staff, great teachers, great trips, great everything. This is exactly what you want in a spanish school. I spent 5 weeks studying and loved every minute of it.

2  Thank Hans B

Hi Hans, Thanks for your positive review! We enjoyed having you at the school. Behrmann said he really enjoyed taking your group out for the activities and excursions. Good luck with all your volunteer activities.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I really enjoyed my experience at Viva Spanish School. It was a fantastic learning environment, and everyone from the owners (Margaret and Jack) to the teachers were outstanding. The experience was both worthwhile and enjoyable!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank dannys72013

Hi Danny,
Thanks for your review - we're glad you enjoyed your time at Viva Spanish School. Feel free to stop by for a cup of coffee or to use our WiFi when you're in Managua.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I recently spent 5 weeks at the Viva Spanish School, and wish that I could have spent more. I was looking for a structured Spanish school, but was a bit concerned that I might not like spending so much time in the city. However, it all worked out great.

On the school side, I loved having the overall structure - 2 hour grammar lesson followed by 2 hour conversation class - and having textbooks to progress through. I have been to 4 Spanish schools over the years in Central and South America, and this one easily ranks at the top. Also the school is located in a nice central neighborhood - very easy and safe to walk around.

On the non-school side, the school owners helped me to connect with Hotel Colon for a long-term stay. I got a great rate that included air conditioning, WiFi, and breakfast. It was an easy 10 minute walk to/fro school from the hotel. On the first day of class, my teacher also helped me to get signed up at Total Gym - so that I could exercise daily after class. While Managua is not a dream vacation destination, it was easy to get to various great places on the weekends (including Paradiso Hostel at Laguna Apoyo, and Finca Lindos Ojos at Reserva Miraflor) for nice breaks from the city.

So, all in all, I am very happy with my decision to study at Viva Spanish School. Muchas gracias to the owners, staff, and all of the teachers - especially Marlin and Raquel!! I just wish that I could have stayed longer, but will see you soon via Skype!

2  Thank ElPasoMarie
VivaDirectors, Owner at Viva Spanish School, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Celia,
Thanks for your positive comments about Viva Spanish School. We really enjoyed having you as a student and we hope that you will come back soon.