“Good location and quiet.”
Review of Ambassador Hotel

Ambassador Hotel
Ranked #46 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Managua, Nicaragua
“Good location and quiet.”
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Suggested to me by a taxi driver at the airport after the driver of one of the "deluxe" hotels made a call for me to his hotel. Of course, despite the fact that the hotel was virtually vacant,(I would find this out when I had dinner there later.) they could only find a 180+ suite for my poor soul.
Upon arrival at the Palace, l I found the receptionist to be very friendly and the driver had mentioned the close proximity to places that I might like to eat. TGIF Fridays is across the street and the Galeria and other places are about 1 USD away. The room was ok and was clean. The a/c was good except for no temperature control and I got exercise changing channels as the tv was similarly equipped.
The pool was not so dirty that I could not swim and they seemed to be making an effort at keeping it clean. It is small but adequate for a cool dip. I'm just sayin' but if one is bothered by the company of insects in the water in a tropical area...I am not sure what to say.
Anyway, I paid 58 USD per night including tax, drank across the street and had some pretty good food up the road at the Galeria Santo Domingo. I would stay there again based on the friendly and helpful staff and the owner who was very accommodating and even let me leave some baggage in her office while I traveled on my motorcycle. They do have more economical rooms (40USD maybe more with tax not sure) if you ask nicely. I wanted to be poolside so I got the 50 USD plus tax.
I would recommend this hotel to adults who don't want to go hostel and want to be close to some comforts. Folks with kids would probably like it to as the pool area seems a good place for kids to run around and the pool is not too deep. Peace

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank roncon09

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Only stayed 1 night , we chose the suite, with tax $103, I think we were the only people there. Felt like a beer before going out for dinner they asked me for the money to send an old man to the local shop for a 6 pk, the bar is now defunked.The rooms and beds are old, the breakfast toast, jelly & coffee, but was offered rice, beans,egg, coffee, Ok fine. As we paid the bill the lady owner appeared and and instructed the male receptionist to charge 5 cordoba (25cents) for the 3 eggs we had at breakfast.This is a hotel on a very fast decline...

Room Tip: To Get The Best Stay Else Where
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank chippy13

Travellers are raving about these Managua hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2010

This place was nice 20 plus years ago or that what it looks like. Dirty, 20 year old beds, a pool that is so dirty you cannot see your hand under water and rooms stink like an ashtray. I complained about the non functioning internet, as told they were fixing it and did nothing for 2 days. Seems this place has turned into a place to bring woman back from a bar down the street. Seems the owner hasnt invested a cent in this place for years and the few staff are scared to pass any complaints onto him. Dont bother many other great options, Le chateau cost me about the same and it was spectacular.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
5 Thank Oracle_Group
Piedmont North Carolina
Reviewed 22 June 2008

We stayed at this hotel on the suggestion of a friend from Masaya and also the owners of Ivania's Hotel in Masaya. It is located near the commercial downtown area of Managua and convenient to the shopping center where there are stores and restaurants. A short taxi trip takes you to the shopping center or to the airport. The hotel is located directly on a main thoroughfare, and we feared street noise. The rooms, however, are located behind the main part of the hotel and no noise penetrated. There is a very nice pool, by Central American standards. The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable, and the breakfast (included) was ample and served poolside. The room had an efficient, remote-controlled air-conditioning unit. The room for two cost approximately $68 US per night.

• Liked — Comfort and convenience
  • Disliked — Location directly on a main highway
  • Stayed December 2007