Ambassador Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Le Chateau(Managua)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 February 2013

This hotel was conveniently located next to the Pharoh´s casino and offered ample space for me to pace around without leaving the premisis. A good thing because Managua is supposedly quite rough on Gringas.

The regular rooms are very spacious and I assume that the executive wing was more so. The complimentary breakfast was not remarkable but served with grace and welcome. The staff were very accomodating ... we had messengers arriving at 4Am and ran in and out at non conventional hours.

The worst part about the hotel was the internet installation was spotty and not available in my room.. However, this family owned hotel, is in the process of changing hands to the next generation. the young man who will manage it was very saavy and was in fact living in the hotel to get the feel of it... worth a try.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank didreyfus
Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

this hotel is an on again off again place. it closes for a while then reopens. so make sure its open when you stay. its right next to the solid gold adult club and you can stagger home drunk without worrying about driving. now i dont know how they will react if you bring one of those solid gold girls in with you. i doubt they would mind.

i didnt dare go in the pool. it was having a bad week.

the rooms arent the freshest in town and are a bit musty. its not horrible but its could use some dehumidifiers.

so its not a palace and its not for kings but this is managua and the adult club next door made it worthwhile for my two say stay.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank bennysjets
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Suggested to me by a taxi driver at the airport after the driver of one of the "deluxe" hotels made a call for me to his hotel. Of course, despite the fact that the hotel was virtually vacant,(I would find this out when I had dinner there later.) they could only find a 180+ suite for my poor soul.
Upon arrival at the Palace, l I found the receptionist to be very friendly and the driver had mentioned the close proximity to places that I might like to eat. TGIF Fridays is across the street and the Galeria and other places are about 1 USD away. The room was ok and was clean. The a/c was good except for no temperature control and I got exercise changing channels as the tv was similarly equipped.
The pool was not so dirty that I could not swim and they seemed to be making an effort at keeping it clean. It is small but adequate for a cool dip. I'm just sayin' but if one is bothered by the company of insects in the water in a tropical area...I am not sure what to say.
Anyway, I paid 58 USD per night including tax, drank across the street and had some pretty good food up the road at the Galeria Santo Domingo. I would stay there again based on the friendly and helpful staff and the owner who was very accommodating and even let me leave some baggage in her office while I traveled on my motorcycle. They do have more economical rooms (40USD maybe more with tax not sure) if you ask nicely. I wanted to be poolside so I got the 50 USD plus tax.
I would recommend this hotel to adults who don't want to go hostel and want to be close to some comforts. Folks with kids would probably like it to as the pool area seems a good place for kids to run around and the pool is not too deep. Peace

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank roncon09
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Only stayed 1 night , we chose the suite, with tax $103, I think we were the only people there. Felt like a beer before going out for dinner they asked me for the money to send an old man to the local shop for a 6 pk, the bar is now defunked.The rooms and beds are old, the breakfast toast, jelly & coffee, but was offered rice, beans,egg, coffee, Ok fine. As we paid the bill the lady owner appeared and and instructed the male receptionist to charge 5 cordoba (25cents) for the 3 eggs we had at breakfast.This is a hotel on a very fast decline...

Room Tip: To Get The Best Stay Else Where
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank chippy13
Reviewed 23 September 2010

This place was nice 20 plus years ago or that what it looks like. Dirty, 20 year old beds, a pool that is so dirty you cannot see your hand under water and rooms stink like an ashtray. I complained about the non functioning internet, as told they were fixing it and did nothing for 2 days. Seems this place has turned into a place to bring woman back from a bar down the street. Seems the owner hasnt invested a cent in this place for years and the few staff are scared to pass any complaints onto him. Dont bother many other great options, Le chateau cost me about the same and it was spectacular.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business