“very nice stay. exceptional service”
Review of Hotel Aloha

Hotel Aloha
Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed 28 February 2013

As a single traveller arriving in Managua, staying in the Aloha was perfect. Andres arranged a private taxi transfer for me from the airport, i had a lovely clean room, quiet, cable tv, complimentary bottle of water, aircon... the staff were very helpful after a very stressful flight and made my stay in managua very enjoyable. Then location is good, 5 mins walk to the huge shopping centre. Would recommend!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank lisa m

Reviewed 9 February 2013

My fiance and I stayed at hotel Aloha two nights around New Year's Eve for our 10 day Nicaraguan trip. We only stayed two nights and arrived late afternoon both nights, so our experience might not be a little biased. We found the service pretty good but the hotel quality is average in general. The room are clean but old, the A/C was not working properly in one of our room, breakfast was minimal. We ventured outside by ourselves and did not feel super safe. There were armed guards in front of the neighourhood supermarket and security people in front of restaurants a few blocks away. This has nothing to do with the hotel, the Hilton hotel is in the same area, but Managua is definitely not as welcoming as other places in country. We were also a little bit suprised to pay $20 for a ride to the airport but it seems like the norm for all the hotels unless they have a shuttle. it is something to consider when you compare hotel prices. Also, the place is pretty hard to find even for local taxi drivers. Overall, our experience was not that great and we would pick another place if we were coming back.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YoungVoyageur
Reviewed 28 January 2013

The staff was unbelievely friendly and helpful with all our needs from taxis, car rentals and restaurants. Managua not being our favorite city to stay, we probably would have up-graded should we have stayed longer than one night. We give Andres a double thumbs up for his help. The hotel was very safe feeling and quiet. They even made us a special omelet that was included in the already wonderful complimentary breakfast. BEST SERVICE EVER!!!!!

Room Tip: Our first room was quite musty so we asked to see (smell) another room and they had us happy on the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Hotel Aloha was a wonderful place to stay in the heart of Managua. Right from the start when I booked the hotel, Mr. Hernandez was very helpful with information and booking a taxi to pick us up at the airport in the evening. The room was clean and the buffet breakfast was good. But best of all was the service. I accidentally left behind a personal article and when I emailed over a day later to ask if it was found, not only was it found but they offered to send it to me right away at no cost. This hotel was definitely a good find for a central location in Managua. You will not be disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank cohoqueen1
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Felt compelled to write my first trip advisor review because the service here was such a relief in a city that can be quite overwhelming for anyone. Arriving to Managua at 730pm, we have read that it would be wise to book a hotel and just stay the night, as travelling at night can be dodgy. After reading many good reviews and having all local hostels booked out, we decided to go with Hotel Aloha. We were so pleased with the service and cleanliness. Manager, Mr. Hernandez, left a lasting impression on us, with his good advice and good spirits. The buffet breakfast is the bomb.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nicole P
Reviewed 13 September 2012

This was my first visit to Managua. I performed an internet hotel search and found the Aloha hotel. The price and location was perfect! When I called the hotel manager, Mr. Hernandez (who speaks very good English) for more information I heard a calm, pleasant and trusting voice. He assured me any concerns regarding my stay would be cared for by the hotel. He arranged my 9pm taxi pick up from the airport. He checked me into the hotel at 10pm. I had a clean, comfortable, air conditioned room. Each morning I had a free breakfast. The hotel was four blocks from the shopping mall and four blocks another direction from great restaurants (frequent by Americans). The hotel was also walking distance from the bus station to Granada. Mr. Hernandez was very personable and polite. The staff was very friendly and always willing to help. At times the entire staff felt like my own private concierge service. They arranged transportation and other tourist activities for me during my stay. At all times I felt safe and cared for while at the hotel and walking to the mall and restaurants. I strongly recommend staying at the Aloha Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank anthony l
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Consistantly great is one way to describe the Aloha Hotel. This time we entrusted our group to the hotel staff while we went on to another event. When we checked with our group later, they raved about the staff, the facilities, the location and the whole experience. We are always confident when we stay there or when we leave a group there overnight or for a few days. Great value in the heart of the tourist area of Managua.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends