“Incredible hospitality, lovely accommodations ...”
Review of Hotel Aloha

Hotel Aloha
Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed 24 July 2010

What an amazing hotel -- we stayed there before and after a mission trip to El Porvenir, and Hotel Aloha was a lovely place to start and end our journey. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank isotope5

Reviewed 8 July 2010

This small hotel is a gem. The staff were extremely helpful with any want or need. The whole hotel was exceptionally clean. The bedrooms are extremely comfortable and are very nicely decorated with a good air conditioning system. The central courtyard is beautiful. The breakfast was wonderful with a good variety of foods suitable to any traveler.

• Stayed: June 2010
2  Thank Dragonboater08
Reviewed 6 July 2010

In addition to the very clean rooms and public spaces, the friendly and accommodating staff, and the very comfortable beds, Hotel Aloha Nicaragua is a beautiful place. Air conditioned rooms surround the central courtyard which is open to the air and surrounded by tropical trees and shrubs. Breakfasts were very substantial and included a variety of tropical fruits. My husband and I were very happy staying at the Hotel Aloha.

• Stayed: June 2010
2  Thank crjndj
Reviewed 10 June 2010

Managua is not a comfortable city, but the Hotel Aloha is a very comfortable hotel. After our taxi ride from the airport (arranged for us by the hotel) through the nervous night streets, we felt welcome and safe in this lovely small hotel (or B&B). Neither the taxi driver nor the night clerk spoke any English, and my son and I speak no Spanish, but it proved no problem. Our room was very comfortable, with nice artwork (typical in Nicaraguan hotel rooms in our later experience) and a view of a blue adobe wall about one foot from the window. We really enjoyed breakfast in the charming small courtyard.

Particularly noteworthy was that my son and I initially made separate reservations through Expedia for two rooms. We realized that was wasteful, so I emailed the hotel about getting one double room instead. Our individual rooms would have cost us $75 apiece. The hotel representative sent me an email asking if I would like the current special pricing for a double room of $70 (tax included). Thus, even before arriving, I had a very positive impression of the hotel. I was not disappointed. Should I need to stay in Managua again, this is the place I will stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Peregonz
Reviewed 19 April 2009

I stayed at this hotel for my first trip to Nicaragua and wasn't sure what to excpect, especially since the price was very affordable. The rooms are complete, by Nicaragua standards, having hot water, air conditioning, complimentary bottled water and a free breakfast with cooked to order eggs. The hotel is small, but in this case, it is to the guest's advantage, as all staff members know who you are, and treat every guest as a valued customer. I stayed a week and by the end of the week, I found all the employees were familiar with my routines and preferences and were eager to make sure my stay was nice.

The overall look of the hotel and the rooms was nice. TV included cable with many American stations.

The location was also excellent...within an easy walking distance to Metrocentro which has modern stores, restaurants. Also a well known landmark if you need to identify the area of town to cab drivers.

The small hotel was a nice "home away from home" as I did all-day excursions each day. Because the hotel is small, and has no pool, it should not be considered a "destination" hotel. If you plan to just hang around, you will probably find it a little boring, but a perfect place if you will be gone touring, on business, etc, and need a place to end and start the day.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 February 2009

My wife and I travel to Nicaragua very frequently. We've tried several other hotels (from 5-star to barely adequate). Located very near the Metro-Centro Mall and lots of restaurants, it is in the central part of the tourist areas. Yet, it is extremely quiet and somewhat secluded. The staff gave us incredible personal service. The breakfast (included) was good and the rooms and facility were kept very clean. The decor is elegant but simple, so everyone can feel comfortable in shorts or tuxedos. If you don't need the amenities of the high-priced hotels, the Hotel Aloha is perfect.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Jody K
Reviewed 29 July 2008

Hotel Aloha's accomodations were great. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and beautifully decorated. It's a great place to relax and rest after long days of hard work and play. We traveled with a group of 15 and they were there to meet our every need.

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank pinolera8