“Excellent Staff, location and Hotel”
Review of Hotel Mozonte

Hotel Mozonte
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed 27 January 2012

This is an absolute dream if you are staying in or around the Managua area, as its close to everything, yet just outside so its nice and quite!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tom E

Reviewed 17 January 2012

The hotel building is kinda old. The deco and outlook is a bit dated but still not bad. The rooms are spacious but one we found too smoky so we changed. Some staff were pretty helpful than others. The location isn't the best but felt safe to walk to this local restaurant one staff recommended. Overall not bad consider the price is quite affordable.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 31 December 2011

What makes the hotel great , is the service from the staff . The team of people become your friends , rather than service providers. Luis, Ernesto, Irving , Nubia and the rest of the team ensure you have a great stay. The hotel itself is value for money , as it provides all the essential necessities. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Kitsonic
Reviewed 5 October 2011

A couple buddies of mine stayed at Hotel Mozonte while on a trip to Nicaragua. The hotel is nice, the rooms are clean and the hotel staff was there to assist you with whatever you needed. They offer free breakfast each morning which was good and also offers a computer in the lobby to access the internet. The hotel has a swimming pool and restaurant that serves lunch and dinner (not free). The hotel sits in a residential area and there is nothing within walking distance of the hotel. The hotel staff suggest that guest do not walk the streets and insist we take a taxi when we go out. There are a few good restaurants and a grocery store nearby (next to the Hilton Princess). The hotel arranged a taxi driver to take us to Masaya Volcano and to Granada on a day tour which was nice. I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Mozonte and would recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lanikai_808
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Visit Managua once or twice a month, stayed 1 night while doing a little business in Managua and calling at PriceMart to stock up for our house in Esteli, Arrived at 9-40, ok early for check in, asked if it would be possible for breakfast and was told it finished at 9-30 and was recommended Mac Donals, are well off to do our business arrived back at 1pm and ordered lunch my wife had chicken wings me fillet steak have to say the breakfast was better. The room was a matrimonial $55 + tax AC + ceiling fan,safe, clean and a nice bathroom, our room was pool side a few people having a few beers until around 10-30 but they were not to noisey, I found the staff to be pleasent, a lap top in reception is provided for your use and also the hotel is Wi-Fi, for a 1or 2 night stay, this Hotel is ok, would I go back yes not so sure the wife was of the same opinion.

Room Tip: I would say poolside I beleive that the inner rooms don't have windows
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank chippy13
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Hotel Mozonte was an oasis for me. The staff all speak or understand enough English that not knowing Spanish was not a problem. The hotel was clean, and beautiful. While staying there, their hotel expanded and opened across the street---so they now have 2 locations (across the street from each other). This is a popular hotel, and because I did a lot of travelling I didn't always know when I'd be in Managua, so often booked at the last minute. They were able to accommodate me quite often, and when they couldn't I went down the street to Hotel Montserrat which wasn't as nice, but was comfortable.

If you check the website, the pictures are beautiful, and the hotel, with the warm woodwork, felt like being at home. In fact, I told the desk clerk one morning that the hotel felt like my private home I felt so at home there. The free WiFi, along with the computer in the lobby if you don't have yours with you, is great.

If you don't want to go out, the meals served are simple but very good. I tried most everything on the menu at one time or another and my favourite was Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, and garlic toast. Only $5.99 US. Really liked the chicken wing appetizers also---great for a small lunch snack. $3.99 US.

Breakfast is included with your hotel room, and you have a choice of Classico (French Toast), Americano (pancakes & sausage) or Nicaraguan (eggs and rice/beans). As always there is fresh juices, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, and toast.

The liquor menu is limited (no cocktails) but you can have shots and beer. The staff are what make this place so wonderful. They are all so accommodating and friendly. The next time I go to Nicaragua, I plan to just rent the place for a month, and then travel from there when the urge strikes me.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Hmozonte, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Mozonte, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2011

It was a pleasure to count with your staying, thank you very much for sharing you opinion with the trip advisor community.

We are very happy that you felt like being at home, because we think you are part of the Mozonte Family.

Remember that you always can cout with Hotel Mozonte as a second home.

We are looking forward for your next visit.

Reviewed 2 June 2011

I booked the Hotel Mozonte online based on the photo gallery on their website. We arranged an airport pick up with them that went as planned but the taxi took us to another hotel. When I asked where we were they said Hotel Mozonte. I went inside and asked at eh desk explaining that the sign outside was not Hotel Mozonte where we had booked. The receptionist explained that this was their sister hotel. This would have been fine if the standard were the same as that portrayed on the hotels website but it was not. There was no pool, furnishings were not updated or clean, even the breakfast the following morning was horrible. To this day I am not entirely sure if the Hotel Mozonte shown on the website exists but switching guests directly to another hotel is not what I would consider appropriate or fair, especially without an explanation or discount for the lesser accommodations.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank saracokl

We are very sorry for all the inconvinient you had in your last visit.

Please forgive us because that was our mistake for locating you in our sister hotel because at that moment some of our rooms had some electricity problems, and we couldn´t give you your reserved room. And you are completely wright that was not appropriate.

The pictures in our website are of our Main hotel Mozonte, and not of our sister hotel. Thank you very much for your review because it helps us very much and it have been a motivation for us for getting a new location.

we have already get a new location in front of our Main Hotel ( Acrross the street) , with 8 new rooms.

And it would be a pleasure if you could give us a second opportunity to count with the pleasure of your staying and serving you as you deserve.

We really hope you accepts our apologies.

Always at your Services,