“Great for the price”

Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Managua
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great for the price”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I am an Airline employee. The first thing I liked about this hotel was the courtesy provided by the reservations folks. I explained I travel standby and could not provide them a confirmed date of arrival. They were flexible with the dates (probably because they had available rooms). Since Nicaragua is 2 hours behind EST time, I was able to confirm if I was getting on the flight or not via email and whether they should send the pre-arranged transportation ($15).

The taxi driver was waiting with a sign with my name right where people get out. He contracts with the hotel. He was very nice, and when I asked to stop by a place to get something quick to eat he didn't have any issues with the additional stop @ Pollos Tip Top - I did treat him too :)

I traveled with my 2 teenagers. The triple room was very basic - 2 full size beds, TV, a small desk and chair. The walls could have used some pictures or color. they were just plain white. Maybe they don't hang pictures for fear of theft? The bathroom was spacious and the fixtures fairly new. Both room and bathroom were very clean, and I didn't see a single bug (yeay!). The A/C unit cooled the room quickly. The lamp on the nightstand wasn't working, and the room light was not strong - but it wasn't a big deal.

One thing that could be better is the bed linens. They looked a bit worn and "thin". One sheet for 2 people was definitely not enough. I asked for an additional 2 towels and 1 bed sheet and got those quickly.

The breakfast was very good and included. Eggs made to order, gallo pinto, fresh orange juice, toast, fried cheese. Yum!

I would definitely consider staying here again. A much better deal than the big chain hotels.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Miami Springs, Florida
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Our flight arrived late, and the hotel had sent someone for us. However, the transportation price he quoted was four times what we had agreed to, and he was arguing loudly until I pulled out the printed email confirmation specifying the price for 4 people. We only stayed at the Mozonte one night, but the breakfast was fine, the room was secure, basic and OK, the neighborhood was safe and residential, and the price was right. It looked like the interior pool/courtyard area will be lovely, but it was all torn up when we were there, with piles of dirt and workmen redoing and re-landscaping. A good alternative to the expensive American chain hotels if you're just passing through; not a tourist destination.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I stay at the hotel for one night. We had a over night flight so we got there like 2am. The service was good they got us into the room really fast and we had private parking which is a good thing. The breakfast was good and its included in your price. The rooms are not bad at all I just thought they could be a little better. Maybe it was just mine. I had a triple room. Location area is a plus! They have security all night.

• Stayed April 2012
New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We travel to Managua a few times a year and are very satisfied with the hotel. It's comfortable, clean, and they have good breakfast. But the thing we like the best is that the staff really tries their best to make us feel at home. My wife said last week when we were there, " I feel like this place is our home away from home."

This is not a USA style hotel, the ambience is very Nicaraguan. It's a good value for the price too, with a nice little pool.

They are expanding and have taken over what is the French Embassy across the street, so there is an additional section in operation over there that we are not familiar with.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 15 April 2012

This hotel is located in a very nice and safe neighborhood and ideal for those who are familiar with Managua, there on business, those with a vehicle (thanks to secure parking) or those flying in or out of the country. Most of the friendly staff is English speaking and solved issues swiftly and easily. And the food was very good particularly when taken poolside.
What I found as problematic were: 1) There was absolutely no tourist information, not even a map indicating anything other than the fact that Price Smart was at the end of the street and no information on other places to eat in the immediate neighborhood; 2) There were no lounge chairs by the pool, though the rockers were very comfortable; 3) In this type of weather, its pretty common to shower twice a day yet though I had had two towels when I checked in, one disappeared the next day and the wet after shower mat simply rolled up and remaining wet. 4) And as is so common in Latin America, there were no lamps in or out of the room adequate for reading after dark.
To be totally fair, I really appreciated the relationships the front desk had with various cab drivers and was driven everywhere in an clean, air conditioned car with the cost pre-negotiated and I enjoyed my stay. But as I said, this hotel is truly a great find for many but if you have a lot of extra time on your hands and only a few meetings in Managua, consider staying in Masaya and cabbing over.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Situated reasonably central (Managua has no centre!), this hotel was perfect for the middle range traveller. $55 per night for a single room was perfect, and the rooms have aircon, cable tv, with an en suite bathroom. It has a pool, which was perfect as it was hot, and the beers were cold. Managua is not a city for tourists, but this hotel was all we needed. The staff were very friendly, and the free breakfast was a Nicarauan classic, eggs, rice and beans, with dry cheese. Unfortunately, the toast was inedible, and the coffee bordering on undrinkable.......however, having passed through Nicaragua many times over the last 29 years, this was an improvement for the mid range tourist!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Ontario's Near North, Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Although we had several emails from the hotel before arriving in Managua they did not follow through. A hotel taxi was to meet our late night bus arriving from Guatemala, this did not happen. When we arrived at 1:30 am we were told there was a problem with the water and they were sending us to another very nice hotel. The other hotel was not very nice, we were given a room full of beds, it was not very clean. At 6:30 am we were rudely awakened by the front desk's phone ringing and loud voices. There was no garden, no pool. The price was more than we had been quoted.
Others staying in the hotel had similar stories. These hotels are running a bit of a scam.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel.