“Serendipity”
Review of Hotel Mozonte

Hotel Mozonte
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I needed a hotel centrally located in Managua for one night prior to leaving for Costa Rica. Hotel Mozonte turned out to be an excellent choice. All the taxi drivers know it! It is a small hotel which exudes luxury. Our room was large and had two of the biggest king size beds I have ever seen. Very comfortable mattresses, and easily controlled air conditioning. The only window looked out to the hall but there was really no problem with that. There is a great pool, and other services which we did not need to use. Hot water at great pressure in the shower. Served (not buffet) breakfast included. I had pancakes with authentic syrup and three kinds of fruit; my companion had huevos rancheros (country style scrambled eggs) and endless coffee. Personnel were friendly and eager to satisfy ourneeds. Very good value for money ($70) and excellent taxi service in their own Hyundai Van. Will I return? First opportunity! Ron Tucker

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent. No noise problem anywhere.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 November 2012

we all know pictures get usually photoshopped but still the place was quite the same, the food is very delicious and i can't complain about the service, they were really warm and always there if you needed something. totally coming back

Room Tip: rooms in the 2nd phase are bigger,
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2012

The room do not look like the pictures on the Internet
No hot water
Not good service
Over priced

I would not suggest this place to anyone. I would even say go somewhere else, unless you like cold showers and crapy service and paying more then you should.

• Stayed: November 2011
4  Thank Speirsark
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I usually try to avoid staying in Managua when I go to Nicaragua, but sometimes there is no other option. This is a comfortable, quiet place to spend the evening; however, right now there is some construction going on as part of a hotel expansion. My travel partner told me the banging started rather early near his room. I was blissfully unaware of the noise in my pleasant, poolside room. Airconditioning available, good breakfast options are included, the staff was friendly and helpful. I would certainly stay here again, and when the construction has ended I believe it will be a fine choice for an overnight.

Room Tip: Until the construction has been completed, try to stay in the section located near the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We arrived at 11:20 am to Managua Airport, we had previously arranged with the Hotel for pick up. The taxi driver was very pleasant and helpful. We arrived at the Hotel and because it was early to check in they kept our luggage and sugessted their restaurant and a few places to eat within walking distance. We came back from La Pupuseria (great food at very reasonable prices) and our room was ready! Our room was very clean and comfortable. Our kids wanted to use the pool but a few days back they had a leak, so they were working hard to fix it. The manager Nohemi Martinez and the staff were very accomodating, they transported us to another very nice hotel so our family could use and enjoy the pool and the hotel took care of the bill. Great experience!! We trully recommend staying in this hotel

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2012

The hotel is small but centrally located. The hotel is ideal if your passing through or if your there for business and aren't too picky with your amenities. The room TVs definitely need upgrading and the wifi has some trouble. However, the small restaurant, pool and great front desk staff make it a nice place.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I am an Airline employee. The first thing I liked about this hotel was the courtesy provided by the reservations folks. I explained I travel standby and could not provide them a confirmed date of arrival. They were flexible with the dates (probably because they had available rooms). Since Nicaragua is 2 hours behind EST time, I was able to confirm if I was getting on the flight or not via email and whether they should send the pre-arranged transportation ($15).

The taxi driver was waiting with a sign with my name right where people get out. He contracts with the hotel. He was very nice, and when I asked to stop by a place to get something quick to eat he didn't have any issues with the additional stop @ Pollos Tip Top - I did treat him too :)

I traveled with my 2 teenagers. The triple room was very basic - 2 full size beds, TV, a small desk and chair. The walls could have used some pictures or color. they were just plain white. Maybe they don't hang pictures for fear of theft? The bathroom was spacious and the fixtures fairly new. Both room and bathroom were very clean, and I didn't see a single bug (yeay!). The A/C unit cooled the room quickly. The lamp on the nightstand wasn't working, and the room light was not strong - but it wasn't a big deal.

One thing that could be better is the bed linens. They looked a bit worn and "thin". One sheet for 2 people was definitely not enough. I asked for an additional 2 towels and 1 bed sheet and got those quickly.

The breakfast was very good and included. Eggs made to order, gallo pinto, fresh orange juice, toast, fried cheese. Yum!

I would definitely consider staying here again. A much better deal than the big chain hotels.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family