“There has to be better places.............”
Review of Hotel Mozonte

Hotel Mozonte
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed 26 February 2013

The room that we were given was in no way close to what was portrayed when we booked. The initial room that we were given was the equivalent of a jail cell, and with no windows. When we asked to be moved, after much discussion between the staff, we were given a room that was acceptable, but that was only because it at least had a window (that looked out on a wall!) If you're going to book here, make sure you insist on a room that looks on the pool courtyard. And by the way, the complimentary airport shuttle was not complimentary, at least not for us. If you're just overnighting while waiting for flights, you'd be much further off to stay at one of the closer airport hotels.....
On the positive, we had supper at the restaurant, and the food was good, and reasonably priced.
But overall, have to give this a total thumbs down

Room Tip: Do not, by any means, let them put you in Room 1 or 2.......directly in the lobby area, which is dar...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dunk323

Reviewed 12 February 2013

I came to Managua for business and found this hotel online. The area around the pool is nice to rest and relax. The staff is so friendly and they really take good care of you. The first day I was in Managua I was walking around town and found the owners driving in their car. They stopped the car, asked me where I was going and said I was just walking around. They told me to get in the car and took me to visit some historic places and gave me a tour around the city for free. That was first class service!

Back in the hotel the food was great. I specially loved the churrasco.
I recommend everyone to try it.
The place has an atmosphere that makes you feel like at home.
I truly say this has been the best service I have ever received at a hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2013

This is a well maintained place that is attractive and clean.

Pro: Good bed. A/C does not blow directly on sleepers. Room is clean. Pool is nice. Centrally located in a nice area (lots of embassies). Quiet on weeknights.

So-So: Breakfast is a buffet. But they do not necessarily refresh it when something is gone. (Once the pancakes are eaten, there usually are no more brought out. When the fruit gets low, they just try to move the rest around to make it not look so bad.) Some days, things are missing--no juice and/or no cereal, and/or no jam and/or no butter. One day, there were none of any of those.

Con: Wifi doesn't work some evenings, although your computer/phone will show that it is connected. (My guess is that either they do not have enough bandwidth to handle the peak demand period, or (more likely) their plan has a limited amount of data that can be downloaded per day so that the service stops when they reach it.) Hot water is often just slightly warm. Can hear thumping music from somewhere on weekends. Some rooms are dungeons.

Room Tip: They have some rooms attached to the lobby area that have no outside light and would likely be noisy...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2013

This is a marvelous hotel. The rooms were clean and the service was marvelous. I was with my church group and we were treated extremely well. The food was delicious, expecially the orange juice. I can't wait to visit Managua again next year and stay at this wonderful hotel. I would recommend staying there to any one traveling in that area.

Room Tip: All the rooms were great as there were 26 of staying there. I had an upstairs room that I loved for...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We spent the first and last nights of our honeymoon here and were impressed. Very friendly staff, lovely clean rooms, great food and a decent swimming pool. Our flight left early in the morning and they even made breakfast for us at 5am. Its only a 25min ride from the airport and worth the journey.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Good location and fine accommodation. Family-run with a caring and thoughtful ambience. Warm welcome at front desk, newly renovated and clean bathroom, with hot water (without the usual electric "suicide shower") so common here in Nicaragua and much of South America. Clean pool, nicely maintained. Great value. Personal service (driven to the airport in a very new minivan by one of the owner brothers himself - a nice touch). Breakfast adequate - we had a pretty standard Nicaraguan breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Hotel Mozonte is a lovely accommodation in a nice neighborhood. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the shower has ample hot water and water pressure. The breakfast is very good, and the staff are helpful and friendly. Secure parking, also. We highly recommend this as a place to stay in Managua.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline E
Travellers also viewed these Managua hotels
Art Hotel Managua
#46 of 50 in Managua
Mansion Teodolinda
Mansion Teodolinda
#20 of 50 in Managua

Been to Hotel Mozonte? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Mozonte

Address: Residencial Bolonia. De PriceSmart 1 1/2 cuadra al Norte, Managua, Nicaragua
Region: Nicaragua > Managua Department > Managua
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#10 Business Hotel in Managua
Price Range: £37 - £58 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Mozonte 3*
Delight in one of Nicaragua's most precious traits: hospitality.At Hotel Mozonte we have an unbeatable location in downtown Managua.We have a wide and classy infrastructure, elegantly blended with Spanish Colonial architecture; with innovative and customized services, an ideal hideaway for the sophisticated traveler.Do not be surprised to find so many options in a small hotel. You will love the absolute flexibility of the staff and eagerness to please. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Mozonte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mozonte Hotel Managua