“Little Oasis in Managua”
Review of Hotel Mozonte

Hotel Mozonte
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Little Oasis in Managua”
Reviewed 23 March 2009

We stayed at the Hotel Mozonte at both the beginning and end of our trip to Nicaragua. We were intially going to stay at the Crowne Plaza but changed our mind deciding that we would rather stay somewhere a bit more intimate and typically Nicaraguan. We were not at all disappointed.

The hotel is situated in a residential area of Managua, and a few minutes walk to banks, shops, etc. It is also about a 15 minute walk to the Barrio Martha Quezada where you can find cheap street restaurants.

The first time we stayed we had one of the rooms opening onto the garden and the second time we had room 1, which although has no outside windows was a lovely room. The rooms are very simply decorated and the bathrooms are modern with warm water. The beds are also very comfortable.

Unlike a lot of your other reviewers we did make use of the garden and the pool, which was very welcome given the heat of Managua.

The rooms and public areas are kept exceptionally clean and the staff are all very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast consisted of pancakes and coffee one day and eggs, toast and coffee the next day. I think that the hotel does offer meals on occassion but I am not sure if it is every day.

In my view this hotel is a an excellent choice for a stay in Managua in, from my limited experience, one of the better areas of Managua. I also have to say that we felt very safe walking around the area.

The only downside of the hotel is that during the week you may get woken up by the school next door around 7am - however from experinece every hotel we stayed at in Nicaragua we were woken up between 6 - 7 am!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TTK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Toronto
Reviewed 15 February 2009

We stayed at Hotel Mozonte for one night in mid January. We were lost, looking for a different hotel and on our way there saw a sign for Hotel Mozonte. My sister had stayed there before so we just decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed. They had a room big enough for the four of us (my husband and I and our two boys).

Room #1 actually had 5 beds-- it was a little dark, but clean. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom was clean, and the water pressure was good. We had cable and WiFi connection. I was a little apprehensive about taking this room at first 'cause it's adjacent to the reception area, but it was really quiet. We had no problems with noise.

There is a small pool, but we didn't use it. Breakfast was included with our stay and it was excellent: french toast, coffee, a bowl of fresh tropical fruits and a glass of juice.

The hotel is conveniently located, close to the Plaza España roundabout. There's a McDonald's nearby and also a couple of variety stores and a really good bakery (El Buon Gusto) about a block and a half from the hotel.

The reception attendant was very nice and helpful and the lady who cleaned our room and served us breakfast was extremely helpful as well (in fact, she was the one who recommended the bakery and she was right on the money).

• Liked — Location, service and accommodation.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank AlmaLatinaMag
Mexico
Reviewed 23 January 2009

The hotel is medium but very confortable, incredible servicesce. It was so lovely, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
mich
Reviewed 12 January 2009

I stayed for a week at the end of November and I must say it was excellent service with a very helpful and friendly staff.
The rooms were quiet, comfortable and clean.

The room I stayed in opened out to the small pool-which I didn't use,
butwas told to have a swim. The food choices at mealtime limited but very good and good sized portions. The staff is helpful and at times went far beyond the norm of what would be expected in the performance of duties.
The area is safe and I walked to local stores for "window shopping. If circumstances afford me the opportunity to return to the area I would certainly stay at Hotel Mozonte again.
I did not have any trouble with a mini-bar bill as was stated by another review.
I certainly recommend this hotel to any and all for pleasant stay.

Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
Hmozonte, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Mozonte, responded to this review, 14 June 2011
Thank you very much for sharing your opinion and experience,

We are always at your services.

We now count with 8 more rooms in our new location across the street , Thanks for recommending us.
Stockholm
Reviewed 9 January 2009

For reasons I couldn't help I had to stay in Managua over Christmas. I decided to book the fanciest hotel within by (tight) budget. I had narrowed it down to this hotel or Hotel Europea and chose this one simply because the Europea's website was down when I was ready to book. My plan was to chill out by the pool all day and sip the occasional mojito.
My room was really quite nice with a window out into the courtyard, there was lots of space and a big bathroom with hot water (a luxury!), a comfortable bed too, though the TV reception was not great.
I was given breakfast (French toast) on Christmas morning but all cooking staff were off for Xmas so I had a Dominos pizza for xmas dinner.
The location is pretty safe as Managua goes, it's close to NGO headquarters (Oxfam, save the Children) and Embassies which is a god sign but there is nothing interesting to see or do close to this hotel.
This is a good place to stay to treat yourself to somewhere comfortable when in Managua.

• Liked — Firm bed, big room, hot water, pool.
  • Disliked — TV reception. Not much of interest within walking distance.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank Jack R
It was a pleasure to spend the christmas with you,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

We now have a new location across the street and count with 8 new room. We have improved the TV services.

We are always at your services and really hope to count with the pleasure of your visit again.
Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed 16 November 2008

My husband and I stayed for 4 days in November. Overall, we were impressed with the hotel. The atmosphere was very friendly. The room was small but nice and clean. The breakfast was sufficient (scrambled eggs and toast) but we only ate it one day because we like more options for breakfast.

The room we had (#4) had one window into the hallway so we never really knew if the sun was shining and the room stayed dark.

The downside was check out--the minibar in the room was too expensive for us because we could easily run to a store and buy snacks cheaper if we wanted so we did not use it (except for 1 bottle of water). When we checked out, we went to the desk to pay for the bottle of water ($1). We were informed that we had drunk 2 beers, 1 rojito, and eaten some chips and owed almost $7. We don't even drink beer! The front desk worker would NOT listen to us. He went and talked to the cleaning lady who verified what we had consumed and then told us we had to pay. We were SO angry because he basically called us liars. So, BEWARE OF THE MINI BAR.

The price for 4 nights was good so there is a chance we would stay here again but ONLY if we had them clear the bar out as soon as we arrived so they could not steal from us and make us pay.

• Liked — the price
  • Disliked — Making us pay for what we didn't take
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

We are very sorry about that misunderstanding, so we now have all our minibar empty and only give to our guest what they want for.

We now count with 8 new room in our new location across the street, and it would be a pleasure if we could count with your visit again.

Always at your services